1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs Indians ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 2, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's the great thing about this year, IMO. I got my ring. Anything beyond that is a bonus. I'll still be very into the games and I'll still scream and shout...but I won't live and die with the results as much this year as I did last year.

For the last out last year, I actually went out to my truck so that I could hear it called by our radio guys. That was so enjoyable.

3. Champs

Champs Member

The nerves are building. There is nothing more stressful than playoff baseball. Im not ready.

Harrisment and mikol13 like this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Texans sacrificed Deshaun last year. The Rockets sacrificed Chris Paul this year.

Astros are going back to back.

SWTsig likes this.
  5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not I... I’m crazy nervous. This team has everything it needs to repeat and should be better than last years team. We just haven’t seen the bats produce consistently so it worries me.

It was great winning last year no doubt, but the pressure is on in my house.

I never sat down during any of last years run. I damn near created a worn path on my flooring. I expect the same thing to happen this year.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

There's no way I could have gone to a game last year and actually been in a seat around people. I was a nervous pacing wreck of a fool.

This year I'm there.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

In Game 5 last year in the world series.

I think a solid 35,000 people(I am taking in that some casuals probably went) realized they had some form of Bi Polar disorder with all the back in forth.

SS0101 likes this.
  9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Only thing comparable to me is every pitch is like every minute in a World Cup soccer game. Low scoring and every second tension filled in a way that hoops and football just aren’t.
    I’d imagine hockey is similar bc it’s such a low scoring game too.

10. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I believe the winner of this series will win the world series.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That was the good thing about having SRO tickets to game 5. I was in the bar area in CF during the last 4 innings. That allowed me (and many other around me) to run around like freaks when things went well for us.

Harrisment and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

That's a great comparison, may be why I love WC soccer so much. NBA does have some of that in the 4Q of a tight playoff game when they're not too busy calling timeouts and showing commercials.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I'll be watching game 1 on my tablet in my office. Astros had it rather easy in games 1 and 2 of the ALDS last year. Expecting lower scoring games this year but then again, "baseball".

Harrisment likes this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Football isn't that high scoring of a game. They just count by 7s and 3s.

15. Nook

Nook Member

You have to watch. There is a real possibility you will never see a better team in your lifetime.

crose, BigMaloe, SS0101 and 3 others like this.
  16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’d love to say that anything is gravy after the first championship. But there’s no way I feel like that once this gets going.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not overlooking the Indians, but I expect Astros to win this series. Then will play the Oakland Athletics in the ALCS. Whoever wins that one goes to the WS against "whoever" NL team and they will win the series. That's my plan anyway.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

being at game 5 absolutely took a few yrs off my life... that thing was an emotional rollercoaster the likes of which i've never experienced. but man was it worth it!

i had to turn down 4 free tickets to Friday's game bc i'll be en route to dallas for the Red River Shootout.... talk about painful.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Indians scare me more than any other team in the playoffs, AL or NL... their starting pitching outclasses ours and they have some legit bats in their lineup that are having monster years. only area we have a definite edge is the bullpen.