1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Astros vs Indians ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

All series talk goes in here. Non series talk goes somewhere else. No PBP, that can be found from other sources if you need it.

10-5 Corey Kluber (R) vs. Justin Verlander (R) 1:05 on TBS

10-6 Carlos Carrasco (R) vs. Gerrit Cole (R) 3:37 on TBS

10-8 Dallas Keuchel (L) vs. Mike Clevinger (R) TBD

10-9 TBD

10-11 TBD

rimbaud, BigMaloe, Fyreball and 4 others like this.
  2. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

Hopefully we can take care of business at home for games 1 and 2

mikol13 and Hustle Town like this.
  3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Is the reasoning for starting Keuchel third over Morton due to match ups? I mean, I guess it doesn't matter since it's a 5 game series.

4. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

so happy for the 1:07 start time. I hope the A's beat the Yankees to spoil the New York / Boston lovefest.

5. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Here we go!!! First page!!!

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Astros are good at getting the **** you schedule. 1pm on a weekday. That should be Milwaukee. At the minimum we should have the 4pm game.

Invisible Fan, LUK3, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Dunno. Keuchel has pitched a bit better on the road this year and over the past 2 years has done well in Cleveland (15 IP, 4 ER). Could be a hedge on Morton's health, give him a little extra rest?

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m so ready to get this thing started. Really nervous. Repeating will not be easy. Hope the pitching continues to dominate and the bats get going on the regular.

Hoping the Astros can get into the Indians bullpen early and often.

No predictions from me, just taking this game by game.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

The road to back to back championships starts here........I hope. Oh god, I am not looking forward to the roller coaster of emotions I went through last year during our run.

10. HTown2017Champs

That, and also because of all the left handed/switch hitters.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

1st page. Spot 4 sale. Go Astros

CVcrew likes this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I can’t begin to predict baseball playoff games. It’s such a small sample size. Any one of these teams could win the whole thing and it wouldn’t be shocking. A couple teams would be mildly surprising but for the most part it’s wide open. Honestly on paper Cleveland looks like our toughest opponent. Anyways time for Houston to get another back to back champion.

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm seriously considering keeping the same habits I had last year and not watching any games. Being displaced last year kept me from seeing the games and I was able to keep some sanity.

Marteen and esketit like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Gotta watch. The Baseball Gods understand and will not punish you/us.

Can't speak for your sanity though, but if you can maintain it through that you should be able to maintain it through anything. Hope all is well and getting back to normal.

15. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Not going to lie, I am extremely nervous about Cleveland. I spent quite a bit of time last year up in Ohio, and got to watch this team almost as much as I did my Stros. They matchup very well with us. This could easily be a trap series if we do not take them seriously. AJ has coached these guys quite well, I don't think they will fall into the bad habit of putting the cart before the horse.

16. esketit

esketit Member

absolutelty nervous...cant stop thinking about this series..cleveland is such a good squad

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm substantially less nervous for this postseason than I was for last postseason. A championship pulled the pressure relief valve for a little while.

I feel I can enjoy this one, as opposed to last postseason which was one of the least enjoyable experiences of my life. Turned into some of my most cherished memories after it was said and done, but in the moment it was a motherf**ker. I'm sure this will be stressful as hell also, just much more tolerable.

I puked in the 8th inning of game 7, literally puked due to nerves, only time that has ever happened.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Sanity shmanity. I was only concerned about you starting the threads. You might be playing with things there we shouldn't be playing with.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

Couldn't watch the postseason last year, because it was too much. I watched that last out in disbelief thinking it was all a dream.

Maybe this time I can actually watch the games knowing the Astros are forever champions.

20. theimpossibles1

The emotional roller coaster... Hardly able to watch because of nerves... This is the good stuff.

Harrisment likes this.