1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He does not bother me either. People take the whole "message boarding" thing way too serious.

It's people giving opinions about a game where you bounce a ball on the floor.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Ive never kept up with any holic drama including this situation. Can anybody fill me in?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sure, I got some A1 sauce in my fridge if you need to be topped off bro.

ISOBall likes this.
  4. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

I think he posts about trading for Rubio so much that his phone autocorrects certain words to Rubio. So even when he’s not posting about Rubio there will be Rubios in his post.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Spanish Prodigy. Prodigal son of holic.

#3325 daywalker02, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

there are always rubios in his posts, its just that they are thinly disguised...luckily there is the autocorrect to fill in for those not subscribed to the newsletter

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

If we don't end up with Butler at least I hope we can get Tyus Jones out of this, who is someone Codman hinted at the Rockets targeting. He is Kyle Lowry all over again. Does so many little things and plays extremely smart. High steals rate. Can learn under CP3 for a few years and then become the heir apparent. Wolves/Thibs really are a disaster for multiple reasons, not just f'ing up the Butler situation. Signing Teague when they already had Tyus Jones who is better and still developing. The Wiggins contract which is franchise destroying.

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Don't understand how anyone "insider" or not can reasonably claim that Butler priority isnt the money (not that there is anything wrong with that) and that he "just wants to be in a winning culture".

I'm a Butler fan, but for jeebus sakes his three team preference to be traded to is THE KNICKS, NETS & CLIPPERS. Thats not exactly the bastion of winning culture but rather the opposite.

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. rockets13champs

That’s awful for Sac to lose Cauley Stein

Deuce, BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Cauley in Minnie makes no sense unless they plan to play KAT at the 4, but i guess they can always trade him later in the season......

Yeah, not sure i can believe that tbh...sure, they have Bagley and Giles on rookie scale contracts for many years so, at some point they'll have to make a decision with Cauley since he's going to expire after this season, but at the same time i don't see why they would've to trade him AND eat Dieng contract for a Rockets 1st rounder...

#3331 Vivi, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt this. What's in it for Sac?

13. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Why would the Kings do this? Draft picks from us or even the Wolves probably won't net a player worth taking on Dieng and losing WCS who is a decent player.

malakas and Relativist like this.
  14. Bids9

Bids9 Member

I'm guessing picks

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Dieng is also a decent player and they clearly need to clear some logjam so that Bagley and Giles get mins.

Right now Sac don't have their own pick and I'm sure that's playing on their mind as a rebuilding franchise. They also haven't made use of their cap space to take on assets. It's not the best deal for them there is plenty incentive.

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, that seems a possibility. There would have to be quite a few useful picks in there though.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dieng is bad bro, and he's on a terrible contract, there's a reason why the Wolves want to dump him so badly...

Regardless, the Kings have plenty of bigs like you said, why would they want to swap Cauley for Dieng then?

malakas likes this.
  18. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Because Sactown fans know WCS only puts in work during contract years. Inconsistent and unprofessional.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

This could be true for the fact that the Wolves are all in on KAT. Willie Cauley-Stein is KAT’s best friend, and they have a natural chemistry and 1-2 punch together having played at Kentucky. I would imagine that Sacramento would want more for him, but makes sense that the Wolves would want him.

Deuce, BigMaloe, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  20. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

If we do get Butler... is there any possible way we can keep him ,Harden ,Cp3 and Capella and build around them with minimum contacts
    Rotflmao