1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S4 August 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

'tis a stupid name, that is true.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I thought he was gay (the Galloping Gormet was, too) before you even reminded me of the name.

Fireworks between Gus and the Salamanca's takes on a whole new meaning.

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Would be interesting if we found out Kim was always around, perhaps even encouraging and helping him with with his clients in Breaking Bad. Would be reasonable that he would keep his personal life quiet considering his clientele. They could come back to that flash forward of Saul cleaning out his office with the next scene of him lying to Kim about coming home only to disappear for good.

TMac'n and Two Sandwiches like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as Kimberly is alive.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I definitely prefer your scenario to the one I'm expecting.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

so Nacho is attempting to amass a nest egg to flee with his father?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe Kim is the one breaking bad. And eventually she's running Saul from behind the scenes the entire time.

marks0223 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those Germans and Kai, man!;)

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Makes me wonder if it's harder in reality.

Those BAR hearings. Sincerity in a field of 'bending the law' is hard to find.

Level of sincerity was average but should be enough to consider it.

#189 daywalker02, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Torn n Frayed likes this.
  10. heypartner

Wow, how many seasons will it take to get Jimmy through this next year. :eek: Since when has Vince embraced the director tool of fast-forwarding. lulz.

Guess Jimmy can actually work *for* Kim, like paralegal Danny Devito in The Rainmaker working for Mickey Rourke (aka Bruiser), but really working cases/clients.

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I guess it's Saul Goodman? Or not so much...

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. heypartner

Man, he just blew it with, Kim. "You see those suckers. That one ******* was crying..." ummm, so was Kim, sitting behind you.

Kim will not be saying "s'alll good man" back to him, about indirectly calling her a sucker/*******.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

s' all good.

I am now intrigued about Gene.

Such a smooth actor, and his character is acting better than the actor himself.

Howard and Kim are not in BB, so they are checking if they get killed off every episode.

I think they might stay long term. :cool:

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Best episode of the series maybe, made up for the sometimes snail-like pace this season suffered from a lot of times.
    Season 5 should really kick it up a notch, with the way they have now set things up.
    Less slow drama, the true beginning of Saul in action and the meth lab almost ready.
    Oh yea, and the war with the Salamanca.

Rashmon likes this.
  15. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This show is amazing. Despite knowing how it all turns out in BB I kept hoping he was being sincere in there. Too good to be true...

Is 5 going to be the final season?

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I really enjoyed this season overall, I really like the main story line but thought Mike's thread was great.......

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Were they suckers, though? Or was he genuinely upset and didn't want to let Kim know it. He cried in the car. The show flashed-back to him and Chuck having a nice moment.

I'm really not sure to be honest.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. heypartner

I mean, I'm just repeating how the show ended. Chuck was very happy that he just pulled off a speech that "the suckers" and "*******" bought.

I don't think he was faking being happy, and I'd agree, his preparation for the speech led to heart-felt memories of Chuck...despite him (literally and figuratively) standing over Chuck's grave completely lying for a day.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think during the scene with the girl and in the car, he fully realized he'd never be accepted for who he is and like he told the girl, ppl like them have to do all it takes and use their own dirty methods to climb to the top.

This led to him seeing the opportunity Chuck's letter presented and going 100% Saul Goodman for the first time in his life really, as morals and being a good person never helped him during the whole ordeal. Him then immediately saying he will work as Saul Goodman instead of McGill should show the completion of his transition.

The name thing also supports the notion of his whole speech being dishonest, seeing how he said he'd try to be a lawyer that Chuck and the name McGill would be proud of, but then immediately changing his lawyer license to Saul after getting reinstated.
    It was all just a tear jerker show to fool the panel and he never was sincere.

TMac'n and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Breaking Baden Baden..

daywalker02 likes this.