1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Who cares? You would have three all NBA, top 15 type players. Only GS would be able to match up talent-wise. People are so stuck on system or style of play when it is top end talent that wins in the NBA. You don't have to argue with me about it. It is your Executive of the Year GM that feels this way.

HP3 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright fair enough with the thoughts.

I get that...its not just Iso defense hes bad at. And..honestly, his defense was a key reason the Jazz were able to beat the Thunder, thats just the truth and I'm actually pretty high on melo being able to make a difference but not as a small ball 5.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Doubt it, https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...twitter-premium&utm_source=CMS Sharing Button

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm just saying, its more than that. I'm just telling you that trading for Butler and losing Tucker and EG isnt gonna take you closer to the Warriors like you think, it could be just a lateral move.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It comes down to who will fill the void of losing Tucker? Marquis Chris, brazillian kd? I am ok with trading Pj Tucker and Ego for Butler as long as Morey has someone else lined up to fill Tucker's Shoe closet. The depth of a roster consisting of paul,melo,butler,knight,nene, scares the heck out of me. Depth is what will keep us ahead of the pack come playoffs.
    But in Morey I trust!

BallSoHarden and clutchdabear like this.
  5. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

If it's just a lateral move then whats the problem?

BasketballMind likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ironically, his switching defensive stats are above average.

We switch everything.

He gets blown by a lot because he doesnt have the speed to move laterally anymore.

Be prepared to be surprised by him being ok on defense.

Not great. Not good. Not bad.

Just ok.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

We could still get better without having to make this trade. There are still other moves we can make. Morey even said that we are confident this roster is better than last years. Wether you believe him or not is up to you.

Ultimately I have faith in Morey, I am just not high on trading both are valuable pieces for something that ultimately wont get us there anyways.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Just like trading for CP3 and losing Beverley, Lou Will and Montrezl was a lateral move.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Lou Will and Trez(i like them both alot) did not do much for us in the playoffs tbh. And like @YOLO has said before CP does everything Bev does but better. I dont know if Butler is going to do everything PJ and Gordon did combined.
    Well in that Utah series they were not good at all. And ultimately when you have Curry and KD there to iso him(no they are not just going to use Cousins) how much do you trust him? Either way, I believe you he'll be better than people expect. But him playing the small ball 5 alot as replacement for Tucker is not something I think is gonna work real well, just my opinion.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol people making up the cp3 trade as either giving up too much or being some lateral move are basic. If anyone was truly on this board at the time, knew this board completely approved of the move in a landslide. a handful of people like the ones youre talking to doesn't mean everyone thought so. its a gimmick post for someone who doesn't know what they're talking about and can't make a valid point

HP3 likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It’s a fact that Jimmy Butler is a better player than both Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker. It’s also a fact that P.J. is a very valuable defender/role player, especially against the Warriors. He’s a perfect complement to Harden and Paul in the starting lineup, and Morey needs to figure out how to keep him out of the trade.

Another fact is the best version of the Rockets has both Tucker and Butler on the roster.

Furthermore, CP3 and Tucker have known each orher since they were 9 or 10 years old. CP3 was instrumental in having P.J. sign here last offseason, and to ship Tucker out after an incredibly successful season where he played a big part in the team’s success could be detrimental to team chemistry. These are human beings, not a make-believe fantasy team.

Not to mention, it’s one thing making two ball dominant players coexist (Harden and Paul), but three is a totally different animal. There is only one ball to go around, after all.

#2211 DVauthrin, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  12. TheSource

TheSource Member

We’re really about to get jimmy butler aren’t we .....

13. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

If Berman is tweeting then it’s serious

Richie_Rich, Vivi, sage281 and 2 others like this.
  14. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Berman isn't one to speculate. This has to be coming from top brass.

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

Cyber knows.

16. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

I D I O T

DonKnock likes this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Where are all the Cyber deniers at right now?:rolleyes:

Edit: He's come for blood!!:eek:

whiskeyred, Erbnwarfare, Vivi and 9 others like this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My body is ready

luckyman76, MghtyPtrck and DonKnock like this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Its happening?

MghtyPtrck and DonKnock like this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

SPILL THE BEANNNNNNS

DonKnock likes this.