1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets throw in Thicc Tucker in a deal for Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets throw in Thicc Tucker in a deal for Butler?

1. Yes throw him in!

17.1%
  2. No, lets stay T H I C C

82.9%
  1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Crazy to think, myself and most others on here, wouldn't trade PJ Tucker for Jimmy Butler, but that's now the case after last season's playoffs...

saleem likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Morey doesn't look at chemistry and the value that PJ and even E.G. bring to the court. Butler is not Lebron
    lite. I believe Daryl wants Gibson and Butler. That's all right, but the Rockets shouldn't trade PJ. He is the glue guy, and he is underrated.

Hakeemtheking and hakeemthagreat like this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

After what Jimmy Butler did as person to hookup with Andrade behind Karl Anthony Towns back, I don't want him in the locker room. Players with Girlfriends and Wives and Jimmy Butler has no shame in hooking up again, this scenario can destroy the chemistry and team.
    Tucker is a great family man, plays hard, fits what we need, Gordon sacrifices not being a starter and still scores points.

4. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

I've been kind of assuming that Houston brass has been emphasizing Tucker's importance to make a trade involving him look better to foolish GMs....

It worked with Melton.

D-rock and BigggReddd like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wasnt pissed when Ariza got paid, but without him and Jeff, Tuck is the heart and soul of our defense.

I know he's a year older but he also took a haircut to join this squad.

Trading tried and true loyal players is one of the douchiest ways to say "it's just business". The player is only a great value and trading chip because they put everything on the line.

Every gm does it with the right opportunity, but that doesn't mean it's right.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Has any of that actually been confirmed by anyone or any place that’s reputable? I’m not gonna asassinate somebody’s character based off internet rumors.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Nah, I think Towns actually came out and denied it as well.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I keep seeing people rolling with it like it’s fact and been confirmed...I go with innocent until proven guilty, and random internet rumors aren’t enough evidence

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Lie is more exciting than the truth

hakeem94 and Reeko like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

all the gullible people will believe anything and run with it if they want to. they keep gossip biz going

Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

"Morey doesn't look at chemistry and the value that [any/every] player brings to the court?" Pass the pipe, brother. Morey looks at everything.

Rashmon, HP3, AroundTheWorld and 3 others like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

14. valorita

valorita Member

Would rather give up a future first than thicc.
    Pj is more valuable to us than he is to other teams

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Eric Gordon would be part of the deal anyway.

You do this deal if available all day everyday.

16. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

On paper, yes, but clippers were a championship contender on paper couple of years ago and how did that work out? Tucker is our defensive leader and vocal at that who holds all players, including our stars accountable. Not to mention a glue guy who is constantly praised by his peers and coaching staff, that is for a reason. Don't forget how vital his defense and three-point shots were in playoffs and against GSW. One of the most consistent Rockets in the playoffs, if not the most. You do not get rid of that for a disgruntled star player who doesn't want to be in Houston, to begin with, and will be out the door in a year. Chemistry and stuff...

clutchdabear and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Honestly, with how good Melo looked at the 4 lhe other night...the idea of:

Paul
    Harden
    Butler
    Melo
    Capela

That looks pretty damn tantalizing vs Golden State. We have more athleticism and length off the bench than last year, and Ennis looks like he can really be a big impact on defense already.

If you can have Butler by giving up PJ and EG like a report suggested, I think its a trigger you probably should pull.

#57 Loneyroy7, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

[​IMG]

Look into his eyes, he sees into your soul.

DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  19. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

corny title.. ban this clown.

20. High Vibrationz

Naw ariza is overated ,did u not see how many open shots melo had vs memphis,and to think thats all offensively ariza had to and wasnt great at it is crazy,his defense is overrated, his defensive fg percentage i believe was around 47% defensively which is below average as a matter of fact harden played better defensively stat wise.When it comes to getting stars who have to do wat u have to do to get star players thats wat golden state did to get kd ,they traded away players and let some go ,yet its dumb ppp like you who dont see the big picture, talent wins championships not role players of course they are important but stars move the needle more.