1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers 2018- 19

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fantasma Negro, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Fantasma Negro

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

LeBron James is Gwangi.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

do we REALLY need a Lakers thread this season? :rolleyes:

just kidding OP. the better to hate the Lakers

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

This will be an entertaining team to watch but they just have too many deficiencies for me to take them seriously.

Also I believe about half of the current roster won't be there by the time the season ends

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I still don’t understand why Lebron did not want to play with Paul and Harden.

dkim1984 and Mathloom like this.
  6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The Lakers suck.

CALI_MOST_WANTD and LFE171 like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Money and lifestyle. He can ride other players to rings on the Lakers (starting next season latest), but he can't get LA lifestyle/media in Houston.

Good for us. He could have created a serious contender several places but he's distracted by other goals.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think of this Laker team in the same way I saw MDA coming to Houston in that first season. They aren't winning a championship, but they will be fun to watch.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This could be the year that Lebron has his massive drop off as a player.

He won't be able to coast like he does in the East, and if they have any sort of bad luck, he may very well miss the playoffs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It could be.. but I highly doubt it. Not unless he substains a big injury.

He showed too much last season, dude lead the league in minutes last year ...while showing he's still as athletic as ever with plays like this.

You just don't fall off from within 6 months from this type of athletecism/stamina, and his skills aren't going anywhere.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when you play pickup games do you enjoy playing with the best squad or you like to make it more competitive?

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i have an elusive feeling this might develop in an OKC thread on steroids

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I play basketball these days from time to time with my 8 year old that's it haha. Although I do play soccer against others.

Anyways the Warriors changed everything in the NBA. If Cousins is healthy by the playoffs this year, Lebron/Paul/Harden may have not been enough regardless.

14. Fantasma Negro

15. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Why pollute clutchfans with this garbage? Waste of bandwidth.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Meme Team assemble!

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah
    btw cp3 and harden were better than the warriors adding lebron would be too much
    but yeah nothing is enough when you have foster brothers coming from the bench

clutchdabear and peleincubus like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Damn Ingram you're 21 homie. Slow down on the tattoos lol

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

You never know. It hits you out of no where. Kobe for example was playing better than ever trying to one man lead the Lakers back into the playoff picture after a horribly disappointing season as a team and he was going completely off but the wear and tear and exerting himself that much at 34 ended up being his career downfall with a career ending injury off a basic basketball movement. LeBron will be 34 this year with as much wear and tear or even more than Kobe had and he too will have to really exert himself later in the season to push for playoff positioning in this tough conference IMO.

He's obviously built differently and could end up being Karl Malone like in his durability, but you just never know.

Historically, 34 seems to be that final season many of the games greatest have before falling off athletically and not having the polished skill to keep their level up or succumbing to major injury that combined with age makes them a shadow of who they were. MVP level wise, there's only been 2 past the age of 34 to win. MJ and Malone(robbed MJ at 33) were 35 with Malones 35 year old MVP season being a short lockout season that benefited him as an older player. Kareem was 33 when he won his last before starting his dip statistically but still maintaining an all star level. Something he could afford with Magic in his prime and several other HOF'ers on the squad. This Lakers team will need everything from LeBron though.

#19 Caesar, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Looks like Josh Hart is picking up where he left off late last season when he was torching everybody.

Considering the circumstances (being on the Lakers, with LeBron, one year deal), "National TV Rondo" may the rule instead of the exception this season.

Lonzo has a steep hill to climb.