1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would rather give up Tucker and some picks rather than EG.

This team is reliant on its 3 pt shooting too much.

Butler is already a great defender. We can let go of Tucker for him. How many above average 3 pt shooters would the Rockets have if they let go of EG... for a team that takes a historic amount of them?

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gordon, Tucker, and picks for Butler is not worth it. Just Gordon in exchange for Butler? Sure. But not both.

Cannot offer that much and expect to still have the depth of talent to beat the Warriors. Hope this isn't true.

#42 J Sizzle, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is also a good point. Now I'm on the fence as to which player I'd like to lose more.

4. Handles

Handles Member

Gordon AND and Tucker is too much. They’re both key contributors that play a ton of minutes. Two of our grittiest guys.

Jimmy is a better player than both, but not by a big enough margin to be worth both in a trade. I’d pass if that’s what Minnesota is asking. We have too much chemistry to be worth that gamble for just a slight upgrade. Might even be a step back due to existing chemistry.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for coming back to the board @cyberx!

I don't like the idea of moving Tucker in that deal. Gordon + Nene, 1st(s), fine. BUT, I could see Morey biting the bullet IF NEED be to make a move.

6. onreego

onreego Member

Losing Ariza, Mbah, Bzdelik, AND Tuck in one offseason would be not good.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

for anyone who wants to doubt or question Butler’s impact on a team

[​IMG]

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gordon+Nene works salary wise. Add a 1st. Maybe move Chriss to another team for a 2nd round pick? Then include that 2nd in the package.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Give them Melo!

Deep Waters and Reeko like this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

11. BleedsRocketRed

Not a fan at all on trading PJ.
    Ego I will move on from, Tucker was the heart and soul of this team. Would be a devastating blow.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I would like to take this opportunity to talk to clutchfans about The Pod....

heypartner and topfive like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tucker's much more valuable to this team in this deal. Especially after losing ariza/lmm. Butler might be a good defender but he isn't as versatile defensively as PJ. Meaning he isn't able to guard bigs as Tucker does, especially during small ball which is a significant part of hou's rotation. PJ has also now become that glue guy piece every championship team needs. He also doesn't need the ball to be effective which is necessary for floor balance. JB essentially replaces EG. he can both score and defend. not quite the 3 pt shooter in volume but very much effective.

HP3 likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Rockets are going to have stiff competition from the likes of the Sixers, Celtics, etc. for Butler...

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I asked @Codman about Butler in the NBA Dish Butler Watch thread. Here is his response just to keep everything together.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/jimmy-butler-watch-2018-2019.293380/#post-11963653
    Yes---just like this summer, Morey was checking his availability, shortly before the focus on the SanAntonio outcast. I mentioned it but I was flamed for it being "unreasonable" by the same who said trading Ryno was impossible.

Yes the league is looking at Jimmy. He may be the final piece of a contender (i.e. us)

I'm hesitant to say much right now, as the season hasn't started, but there is a small whisper that a move could be made before hand. JImmy has so much loyalty--he's built on it--so I anticipate him giving Thibs some time to show up some potential. However, Thibs has lost his locker room and his org. Only a few guys believe in him. DRose is going to break if Thibs doesn't shape up, and KAT is going to be a disappointment if they don't get a guy like McFail helping him out in his Minny roots.

I'm also hesitant to say much, not only because things happen so quickly (and change,....damn you Presti!)

And, of course, I'm not giving anything to the poster who claims that Kawhi is coming to Houston. I mean...good lord. Kawhi is staying put for a bit...and one of his closer friends said Toronto is a city that an give him his publicity....I agree.

However, as training camp begins, youll hear more. Andrew will find a new home, unless MGMT says he and KAT are the core.

Jimmy is only happy with Thibs, but the latest whisper was his discontent with all of the familiar faces. He's seen them, he knows how they play...hw wants a winning environment.

Specifically to Houston, from what I've heard, Morey will put us in a positon to get a "star" a bit later....The assets are building, but again, like Trev, there will be some pain.

Every team wants Jim...some of us are his preferred destination(s).

As I can, I'll let you know what an ear tells me about Minny's asking price. It's big right now, but Jim's contract allows some negotiating.

Love ya'll.

Take Care, Deuce

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

17. bmd

bmd Member

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Butler would be the perfect compliment to Harden. We can find another Tucker.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

One player that does what two do is huge. It means we can add someone to the court with a whole new set of skills without losing much other than depth.

D-rock, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Celtics won't rtrade for Butler. They wouldn't trade any of their young guys for him and the Sixers can't even convince the Spurs to take Fultz.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.