1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook has Knee Surgery out for 2018 training camp and Preseason

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Sep 12, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

#1 DreamShook, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Vivi likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’d been balling at Rico Hines all summer looking like his usual explosive self...I do hope he’s back by the opener @ GS...without him there that game will be unwatchable

Following a collision with Patrick Beverley in the 2013 playoffs that resulted in a meniscus tear in his right knee, Westbrook underwent three surgeries on the knee in a nine-month span. It has been four and a half years since any surgery on his right knee.

Damn, 4 surgeries already on 1 knee before the age of 30.

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The NBA should have scheduled the Rockets, Gawd Damn it.

I love to hate watch OKC. Even though Media has made me start to dislike the idea of Russ, I used to not be affected by Russ at all.. Dude got a knee surgery and all I can think about is how this will be an excuse if he fall flat on his face..

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Once Russell Westbrook Athleticism goes, what skillset does he have? Steal Rebounds from his Teammates.
    For a Fake Triple Double. His Full MVP Season was Littered with his Fake Triple Double Season.

juanm34 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I actually used to like Russ until the 16-17 season. Ever since KD left, the media has been on his nuts giving him every excuse in the book, and awarding him MVP for winning 47 games. This is the same media that used to crucify him when KD was still in OKC, but the minute he left they all did 180’s. Also, OKC fans are just pathetic. The 16-17 season had me paying attention to the type of stuff they say, and they are just classless losers along with those bandwagon fools from the Bay.

I used to like Steph too until the 14-15 season.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's not a good shooter, so I don't know if he'll be able to transition the way someone like Jordan did when his athleticism declined. And also let's not overlook the fact that he'll be 30 in exactly 2 months and he's had multiple knee scopes. I was already wondering if this would be the season we started to see some slippage and that was before he had this surgery.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hard to say.

His willpower is the only thing other than his athleticism and pick and pop that was interesting to watch.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm pretty sure he can live off his high bball iq.

True Rocket and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

NO doubt! Such as face guarding one of the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA, Rubio, and trying to shut him down while not helping guard anyone else or boxing out your own player to get a rebound while not helping out on defense, etc. WB can play another 10 years such on his high bb IQ.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[ClutchFans] James Harden is pregnant; expected to miss 2018 season

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, I expect a D.Rose like decline, it's going to be sharp and noticeable.

Westy uses his athleticism to create shots. One of his pet moves is to come at the defender full speed, which gets them back pedaling, and then to pull up as they are going back. That's not going to exist if his speed and power behind that speed leave him.

If you look at a lot of really athletic PGs they seem to fall off a cliff eventually. It's like the mobile QB, eventually, it catches up to them.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope it isn't serious. Besides, I wouldn't want OKC to have that as an excuse when we kick their collective butts.

Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Westbrook has had at least 3 knee surgeries that I know of. He and Adrian Peterson have recovered like no other athlete in the history of sports. It is absolutely unbelievable. Posting a Pic of Bev is really tasteless, and honestly Bevs knee injury is likely something that effects his career going forward. He is a wolverine at heart, but Westbrook is an alien.

True Rocket and Vin2k2 like this.
  16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

yeah imagine how good he'd be if he had a brain

True Rocket, juanm34 and Jontro like this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

willpower to make people around him better and win?

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Then you have guys like Beverley who like teams to push a date, as a challenge to beat.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance