1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Weather in Cleveland looks like it will be horrible... heavy rains, 25 mph winds. Wasn't really sure on JuJu with Road Ben against an improved CLE defense and now even less so. Folks will be watching Hyde vs Conner.

2. HTM

HTM Member

I actually have both... going with Conner.. going with the proven offense.. hopefully the weather means lots of running.

3. NewRoxFan

I have Conner on one of my teams and will sir him, starting Barkley, Gordon and Mixon.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

One of the leagues I am in is an auto draft league and I was auto drafted DeMarco Murray............. who is retired.

Mikeylu likes this.
  5. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

try to flip him for lev Bell lol

Svpernaut likes this.
  6. The Stig

The Stig Member

So. With Bell not reporting to the Steelers, what kind of trade value do you guys think he has now?

7. HTM

HTM Member

Sorry man... I totally started Conner... might win this week for me on my own.. 29.20 sports in standard

8. NewRoxFan

Worse... I sat Ju Ju (rain, wind) and Sanders. My bench is going to the Super Bowl.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

same full point PPR league

my backs atm:
    ajayi
    Conner
    Burkehead
    Coleman
    Bell

I accepted a pending offer of AJ Green and Ajayi out and Antonio Brown in --- The Brown owner has literally no backs outside of Drake as he spent his 2nd on McKinnon

Its pending review but I would be left with either Conner/Bell as a RB1 but not as sold Burkehead or Coleman.. My Flex spot right now is either Hogan, Kupp end most likely Juju

I would have the best receiving core if the trade passes, but I works out I would have the best receivers but a fairly bad set of RBs

10. Pete the Cheat

I have been offered Conner for Tyreek. On the fence either this one as I don’t see Bell coming back til Week 10

11. HTM

HTM Member

I wouldn't do it. I'm a Conner owner and I'm not confident at all Bell holds out much longer. Tyreek + Mahomes is a sure thing for the rest of the season (barring injury) Conner is a huge gamble.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

it really depends how badly do you need a RB and what your WR's look like. It's anyone's guess on if/when Bell comes back but as long as conner continues to play well, pitts won't be rushing to bring him back

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bell is the one playing hardball. he has til week 11 to report to become a free agent for next year so it its very possible he saves the wear and tear as much as possible if he's actually looking at things in the long run as far as the money he is seeking

14. HTM

HTM Member

None of us know when Bell is coming back. It could be tomorrow or it could be week 10. James Conner is highly valuable as long as Bell doesn't show up. The moment Bell shows up Conner loses much of his value (though not all of it). Tyreek Hill + Mahomes will be good all season (barring injury). I would not trade Hill for Conner.

Pete the Cheat likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah its a risk obviously. that's why i posted it just depends what his team looks like and what he needs with that trade.

Pete the Cheat likes this.
  16. Pete the Cheat

My depth at RB has low upside outside of David Johnson
    David Johnson
    L Miller
    Duke Johnson
    A Morris
    R Penny

WRs
    Reek
    Thielen
    A Cooper
    G Tate
    Edelman

Keeper league as well. So inheriting Conner who was drafted as a 16th rounder would mean I get him as a 14th rounder next year. That’s the real appeal for me, and makes it a harder decision

17. NewRoxFan

I have Conner (FA last week) and I'd go for a Hill for Conner trade. In my league the Bell owner has Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, and Larry Fitzgerald. If it was PPR I'd settle for Fitz, but its Standard and so I'd really like Allen or Evans (me including Jones Jr). Hoping to wait one more week... another good Conner game and Evans going against PHI (hoping he gets covered).

My other target would be Diggs... that owner has weak RBs (Drake, Henry, Crowell) and decent WRs (AB, Diggs, DT, Watkins, Woods).

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Although I am starting my season 0-3, I feel better about my rosters now. I had a lot of poor decisions (benched studs) which is typical for Week 1.

I am pretty glad to have scooped up Quincy Enunwa off the waiver wire in 2 leagues prior to Week 1.

He was essentially the focal point of the Jets passing attack with Darnold targeting him at a ridiculous rate. The 6-63-1 line on isn't that eye-opening but the 10 targets definitely was, especially considering negative game script influenced the majority of the 2nd half (Teams with big leads just run the ball).

A rookie QB tends to look for a safety blanket and the Jets don't have a real pass catching threat at TE, so I figured either Bilal Powell or Enunwa in the slot would be where Darnold ends up throwing a lot of passes.

Enunwa could end up being this year's Robert Woods or Nelson Agholor in PPR.

Phillip Lindsay is an interesting add for PPR leagues. The TD early was a big boon, but his usage was no fluke. He split carries evenly with Royce Freeman. Looks like he could end up being a nice find in deeper leagues.

As I suspected, Gruden isn't doing anything game-changing with Carr. The defense will continue to try and bend but not break, but Carr has no real skill to lead a comeback. A defense will gladly sit in a zone scheme and challenge him to create outside the pocket (Hint: he sucks at it). He's a quick release QB, if his 2nd read isn't there he's going to **** his pants and throw the ball away.

Carr will obviously have better days and the Rams defense is basically an all-star team at this point, but this was the type of game that shows how limited he is as a QB. When the team is forced into passing situations, he is exposed for what he is. Skittish and prone to **** the bed.

If the Raiders are going to be a poor team, then you will see a lot of Captain Checkdown firing it into Jalen Richard 6-7 times at the end of games trailing. Something to keep in mind when the Raiders are a heavy underdog and you need a dart throw RB in PPR.

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Looking to shore up my WR corps. In our PPR league I currently have:

M. Goodwin - SF
    J. Landry - CLE
    R. Anderson - NJ
    W. Fuller - HOU
    K. Benjamin - BUF
    J. Brown - BAL

I'm tempted to drop Benjamin since he has sucked ever since going to Buffalo (not really sure why I drafted him). Looking at the following:

Q. Enunwa - NJ
    P. Lindsay - DEN
    B. Marshall - SEA
    T. Ginn - NO
    G. Allison - GB

Who would you nab, 1, 2 and 3?

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Enunwa definitely would be my #1 priority based on Week 1 volume (targets), especially in PPR. Marshall is a situational WR at the moment, will be very TD dependent. With Baldwin out, they may have to use him a little more though.

Ginn and Allison are both clear 3rd options in good offenses, but I feel like both of them are very volatile low floor / high ceiling options for PPR, and you already seem to have 3 guys like that in Fuller, Brown and Anderson.