1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks fan selling his fanhood on ebay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

seclusion and Killatron 2000 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

LOL the item description is priceless
    I hate the Knicks. I love the Knicks, but I hate the Knicks. Die-hard New York Knicks fan. My childhood room is still filled with posters from the 90’s, the good ole glory days. And not just Ewing, LJ, Houston, I’m talking Rick Brunson NYK articles cut-out, laminated, and still in what is now basically a museum. Pictures of me at 13-years old with blue & orange colored braces, that’s a tough yearbook photo, and in a Knicks collared shirt to match nonetheless! After all the ups, downs, more downs, more downs, infinite downs, I have reached my absolute breaking point. As of this moment, my New York Knicks fan-hood is officially for sale. What is included in bidding on my new fan-hood? I will honor the team of your choosing and be a fan. What does that entail?

• Root for this team whole-heartly
    • Bet $500 on their team total over wins, whatever it may be. Ensuring I root for them each and every game
    • Buy the NBA package to watch every game
    • Buy 2 different players jersey from the team
    • Attend 1 Home Game of this team (obviously I have to cover flight and lodging as well)
    • Attend 1 Away Game of this team (again, a full travel package)
    • Throw out my awesome Knicks trash can, replacing it with the team of your choosing
    • Burn no less than 3 articles of Knicks memorabilia
    • Your teams license plate casing for my car

Why? If you care to read through 17 years of pain, here’s the why:

Let’s fast-forward through the glory years, the 1990’s, the Eastern Conference absolute battles, wars, Jeff Vandy Gundy clinging to Alonzo Mourning leg like a kid gips their Halloween candy, the Ewing finger roll, Reggie Miller’s 30-seconds, The Dunk, then the John Starks 2/18 Game 7 of the NBA Finals, the Allan Houston front rim-backback-and in, MJ quitting baseball to once again screw my Knicks, Charles Smith, so so much bad horrific Charles Smith, the Spreewell years, a revisit to the NBA Finals, no Ewing, getting swept by The Admiral and this new kid Tim Duncan in the Finals. Think about that, the last year I got to enjoy the Knicks 2000 — Tim Duncan was just a rookie. Tim Duncan played 19-years, 15-time All-Star, 2 MVPs, won 5 NBA Championships, along with 3 NBA Finals MVPs, and is now just 3 years away from the NBA Hall of Fame.

The Knicks in that span have had JVG resign, please come back, please! Ewing’s knees get shot and he retires :_( Extended Don Chaney after a 30-52 season. Have no cap space to do anything because we’ve gone all-in on Antonio McDyess, who is the only person to have worse knees than Patrick Ewing. Tried Lenny Wilkens as coach. Let the monstrosity, and that’s speaking nicely, of draft picks commence: Monty Williams, followed by 3 first rounders the next year — John Wallace, Walter McCarty, Dontae Jones, then future 1st rounders of, John Thomas and DeMarco Johnson. Over/under you know 1 of those players. Moving on … please no … Frederic Weis.

Then went the other side of the spectrum of coaching with Herb Williams. Hmm, let’s try out NBA Legendary players. How about Isiah Thomas? I worked at Madison Square Garden for 4 years turning this plague. James Dolan signed my below minim wage checks, and my team was getting blown out nightly with the “Fire Isiah” chants echoing through the perfect acoustics of The Garden’s iconic ceiling and out onto 7th Avenue. No matter how loud I tried to cheer, it was drowned out by waves of boos, and rightfully so. At least we had a guy named Starbury, who made a signature sneaker, and got a star tattoo’d into his head. After long enough, the chants were answered, and Isiah was fired, from coaching, but still to this day for some reason know only to Donnie Walsh, get to put his 2 cents in on bad decision making. Draft Michael Wright and Eric Chenowith, who? Then make a decent draft pick in Nene, but don’t hold on to him long enough to be good. Following year lotto pick Mike Sweetney, coupled with fellow draft mates Maciej Lampe & Slavko Vranes. Following year we hit in the 2nd round with Trevor Ariza, only to give him away to let all the other NBA teams enjoy him to this day. Let’s keep this going with Channing Frye, David Lee, and Dijon Thompson, the middle draftee whom we let win a NBA Championship, elsewhere. Moving forward, Renaldo Balkman and Mardy Collins, sigh. Then back to old NBA legendary coaches, let’s try out Larry Brown, fail. Let’s overpay some overweigh free agents in Jerome James and Eddy Curry, christ, I could only imagine how much Eddie Curry weighs these days. Let’s throw in Jamal Crawford inbounds pass to David Lee with .1 left on the clock and somehow we won? Talk about a shooting star! Of course both players leave to become perennial all-stars.

The turning point. Sorry, the missed turning point. The following 3 years we have 3 total draft picks: Wilson Chandler, traded; Danilo Gallinari, good, then traded, and now better, and then the lotto pick of the bunch, Jordan Hill, ughhh. This is where the turning point was. We had sucked for 8 years, that is long enough, finally back to back top 10 lottery picks. In 2008, we pick #6, we choose Danilo Galinari with 6, while Eric Gordon, and absolute stud is on the board out of Indiana, who gets snatched up right behind us at #7. Then 2009, the real breaking point. We want Stephen Curry, the light out shooter from Davidson, he wants NY. We pick #8. Black Griffin goes #1, followed by Hasheem Thabeet, and James Harden, as expected. Next 2 highest rated guards are Tyreke Evans and this kid who played ball in Europe to get paid, Brandon Jennings. Tyreke goes next. Then the Minnesota TWoles have back to back picks at #5 and #6, and their GM David Kahn, to this day, has no answers for why on planet earth he chose a point guard in Ricky Rubio, followed by a point guard in Jonny Flynn. Both far too small to play any other positon outside of PG. Kahn should have been fired, on the spot. The unthinkable happens, but all we need is to avoid Golden State, and Curry is ours! Like Gollum in Lord Of The Rings, Curry, Curry is ours. As you know, David Stern announces Steph Curry to GSW, and we miss a generational talent by 1 slot, for the next 10 years of…

The Mike D’Antoni days, I think those were fun mainly because of how fast-paced the game was, you couldn’t tell how badly you were getting blown out, and there was always time to come back, right? Sexual harassment lawsuits. Finally a year with 2 draft picks, and you guessed it Andy Rautins & Laundry Fields. Tracy McGrady for a year somewhere in there, that was fun to say. Then the last time there was a glimmer of hope… First getting Amar’e aka Standing Tall And Talent (can you try to have a worse nickname?) and then pairing him with He’s coming home, he’s coming home, tell the world he’s coming home! Melo!!! When they remixed black & yellow into STAT & Melo, I was all-in, and all it did was hurt that much worse. Let’s not forget the final throw-in piece to get Melo, Timofy Mosgov. A request from the nuggets at the 23rd hour we could have simply said no to and still executed the deal. Since then, Mosgov has gotten a Championship Ring on the Cavs, was then flipped for not 1, no not 1, but 2 first round picks (I honestly have no clue the last time the Knicks acquired a 1st round pick), then was traded for the #2 overall pick in D’Angelo Russell, and now for Dwight Howard. You want Mosgov too? Sure, take him, afterall, you can’t coach height!

Then there was Mike Woodson, the best thing he did was having a good face for the newspaper to draw into a cartoon character. Back to 1 draft pick for each of the next 3 years: Iman Shumpert, who’s best asset is his GF, I mean have you seen the Kayne West Faded video?! Wow. Followed by Kostas Papanikolaous, right initals, wrong player, and Tim Hardaway, who we could not keep and had to pay a King’s Ransom to get back years later. Lose out on Steve Kerr, get Derek Fisher, who has physical altercations with his players over a female, so we may as well insert Kurt Rambis. No way that can end badly. Then draft Cleanthony Early and Thanasis Antekounmpo, right last name, wrong brother. Finally catch lightning in a bottle by Kristaps Porzingis falling to us. Like they say, even a broken clock is correct twice a day, which is more than the Knicks in 2 decades. And who’s out for a year and a half with a busted ACL anyways. Let’s stay hot in the draft and not choose Dennis Smith Jr or Malik Monk, but choose Frank Ntilkina (insert red boiling mad emoji here), and compliment him with Damyean Dotson and Ognjen Jaramaz. And no, you can’t defend Frank Ntilkina sucking and knowing choosing the wrong PG and player by saying, but he’s young, he’ll get better. If we’ve leaned anything at this point it’s that: A. Either he won’t get better B. He will get better, but only once he’s off the Knicks and C. We knowingly made the wrong pick!

Hire Jeff Hornecek, who was there to run a triangle offense a total of zero teams or players run in the NBA through a teams President who was more involved with Lakers activities due to his marital status than his own teams actual best interest, just making sure the new head couch implored his coaching strategy that worked for him 25 years ago, when he had a player named Michael Jordan. Jeff Hornecek was amazing in 2 area: his inability to draw up any X’s & O’s after a timeout, and the physical prowess of his daughter. Oh, and since we let Phil draft the players, let's fire him, our GM, immediately after the draft and not before, because that makes sense. And now here we are, David Fizdale, who is best known for his pronunciation of the word “data.”

AND THERE'S MORE

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can you sell stupidity too......I.D.I.O.T.

Would be nice to get rid of.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, by the looks of your join date here, I guess you put your Knicks fandom up for auction right after the 2014 season, @Os Trigonum, and the buyer picked the Rockets.

J.R. and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

yer a funny guy. but I do wish I had thought of this first. :(

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure how this would be the breaking point for a Knicks fan

they got rid of Melo...they’ve got KP, Knox, and Frank, and they’ll be bad enough to get another high quality draft pick...just signed Fizdale to replace Hornacek...they’re looking to add a star via capspace next summer

the Isiah and Phil years were much worse

roslolian and lionaire like this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Thats why. Fizdale is a joke.

Snow Villiers and BigShasta like this.
  8. awc713

awc713 Member

Would actually be cool if he just donated the proceeds.

da_juice likes this.
  9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

That was funny...odd no mention of LINSANITY!

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

This secretly is just another Melo thread on Clutchfans.cm

"he’s coming home, tell the world he’s coming home! Melo!!! When they remixed black & yellow into STAT & Melo, I was all-in, and all it did was hurt that much worse. Let’s not forget the final throw-in piece to get Melo, Timofy Mosgov. A request from the nuggets at the 23rd hour we could have simply said no to and still executed the deal. Since then, Mosgov has gotten a Championship Ring on the Cavs, was then flipped for not 1, no not 1, but 2 first round picks (I honestly have no clue the last time the Knicks acquired a 1st round pick), then was traded for the #2 overall pick in D’Angelo Russell, and now for Dwight Howard. You want Mosgov too? Sure, take him, afterall, you can’t coach height!"

roslolian likes this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He actually has a bid, wow.

catarax05 and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

No mention of Steve Francis or linsanity.....

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

:(:oops::confused:
    Its so sad though having seen somebody go thru that hell.
    I thought out 23 year drought was bad.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Man, if he would've crowd sourced that, he would've been rolling in the dough. I wouldve chipped in on it, for the simple fact that they took on mclazy.

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I honestly don't believe any fan can totally change teams, when your childhood team you root for, you always will love.
    I really believe the Knicks are building the team the right way because of the draft, how many times have the front office traded away first rounders. That reason alone sets the team and Franchise back. Phil Jackson did a great job selecting Porzingis, the Carmelo fiasco with Phil cost him the job, Kevin Knox is the real deal, better than Michael Porter Jr. right now and future years because of Kvin Knox health and talent. Knicks can give Max Contracts next offseason to Kyrie Irving if possible. The Knicks are going to develop this year.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It is amazing the Knicks have spent so long in the wilderness. My eyes were getting crossed trying to read all that. Did he mention Joakim Noah's contract? Should have. But with so many things to mention, easy to overlook, I guess.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

If it was a chick it’d have more bids

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You mean you gave up your Knicks fandom for free? Idiot (not the acronym)!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

more like it's in deep storage. the kind your heirs find after you die in some unpaid storage unit somewhere out beyond the freeway