1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm chill as an iceberg homie.

You obviously don't need much help.

I don't really buy into the WR year 3 thing much anymore. I think it is dated.

Last year was the only time I actually drafted Cooper. I ended up winning that league but no thanks to him.

Brutal year for the Raiders offense last year and there were things going on behind the scenes. Anthem beef in Week 3 between Carr and his Oline was real. That is why they cleaned house and brought back Gruden and why some of the old guard is still being phased out.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

thoughts on the Saquon Barkley hype? his projections are going right after gurley, bell, dj, zeke. before the likes of kamara, hunt, fournette.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd take around his ADP in a snake, but wouldn't bid on him in auction.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't like taking a rookie back in the 1st round no matter how talented. Wouldn't do it with Zeke, and I most likely wouldn't do it with Barkley.

However, I will say that Barkley is probably the new David Johnson.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, here's one rookie RB you don't need to worry about. Jeez... first game, and the guy not only seemed like a good prospect but a good guy...

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Terrible.

He was arguably better than Fournette at times at LSU.

There is also speculation this was caused from previous damage to his knee that he elected not to have surgery on.

7. NewRoxFan

Ugh... last year I was 12th out of 12 teams in the draft order. This year... 10th out of 10 teams. So much for dreams of Gurley, Bell, Johnson, Elliott, Barkley, Kamara, Fournette... heck, even Hunt.

[​IMG]

Cryiing and whining aside... maybe Fournette or Hunt may slip down to me... probably Cook and Gordon. Still thinking drafting RB and RB, and hope the WRs that come back to me and get Hill and Diggs? Or better to go RB and WR (getting Julio/Green) and then RB and WR when 3/4 gets back to me?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

@NewRoxFan youll still have the likes of fournette, hopkins, hunt, obj, gordon in that range. you can build a great team at any pick, especially when mistakes are picked before you where you can take advantage

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

any good rookies i should look at? i usually dismiss them since they are so hit and miss.

10. NewRoxFan

Barkley of course. But realistically, RBs: Royce Freeman, Sony Michel, Kerryon Johnson, Nick Chubb. WRs: Anthony Miller, Courtland Sutton, and DJ Moore. Best are probably Freeman, Miller and Moore.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd probably go grab the dual WR1s, lots of potential fantasy points on the table, then throw darts on RB's with upside.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

who is on your radar to be this years hunt/kamara @moestavern19

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Too early to tell at this point really. Need to see another couple preseason games to see who looks good and who has already carved out a role with the starters.

I like to see a rookie RB who either has a clear path to volume, or is expected to be a cog in a well-oiled machine.

Rashaad Penny is expected to get the starting job because he was a first round pick, but I think he was a big reach and he's not ready yet. He is also having surgery now to fix a broken finger. I won't be drafting him but I will look at Chris Carson at the very end of drafts as a flier in case Penny doesn't pan out. Carson can play, but that offense is not ideal with RB production. Not a lot of TD upside.

Ronald Jones in TB has the clearest path to volume, but according to camp reports he still hasn't been able to assert himself over Peyton Barber. Yikes. That offense was a clown show last year.

Sony Michel is intriguing, but we know how the Patriots RB situation can be. Also dealing with a knee injury already.

Nick Chubb I'm not big on at all. He got hurt bad in College and I don't think he came back nearly as explosive. Michel looked better at Georgia. Carlos Hyde will probably get more carries and Duke Johnson sees the passes.

Royce Freeman I think is a good speculative pick, but he's going to be shooting up draft boards now. He should be the lead back on early downs.

Kerryon Johnson is talented but Detroit with Matthew Stafford is always going to be much more of a throwing offense. How many Lions RBs have been touted as the next big thing and then flamed out? I was once a big Ameer Abdullah fan. He's been nothing there. They also have LaGarrette Blount there so Johnson's TD upside is severely limited.

Then you have the Colts. Couple of rookies there in Wilkins and Hines. I guess you've got a clear path to volume there if you stand out, but neither of those guys should be drafted.

In short, I don't think you're going to see any Hunts or Kamaras this year.

NewRoxFan and YOLO like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Maybe getting advice from players isn't that bad an idea? :D

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully next year you will participate in a real league.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I think a lot of people will reach for Mahomes because of the pieces around him, but he could easily lead the league in INT's. He's a true gunslinger, who comes from an offense that manufactured open receivers.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

andy reid's track record of qb's for the most part under his system don't really go down this route.

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

He's generally worked with "safe QB's". The only real gunslinger he had was of course Favre, who had 5 years experience before getting with Andy Reid.

I'm just more or less doubling-down on the fact that Patrick Mahomes is a gun-slinger QB who will cause a lot of joy AND frustration for Chiefs fans this season. And considering who all is out there, I'm not willing to draft Mahomes before the late rounds for sure.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wouldn't draft Mahomes. Might pick him up if streaming. If a 2QB league, I'm probably looking at him before Carr, Tyrod, Alex Smith but I think either of those 4 are good spot start options depending on matchup.

Goff is going to be a turkey this year. He threw 24 TDs last season and something like 8 of them were on throws behind the LOS.

Stafford will be Stafford. Steady. A few really good games, a few duds. Mostly just alright.

Matt Ryan is again being disrespected after a bad year in terms of TD production. Scoop him up easy.

Then you have Andrew Luck floating around.

So many late round QB options this year. Don't be an idiot and blow precious draft capital on a QB.