1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anderson and Qi for James Johnson and Waiters

Then as soon a CC is tradable

Capela, Gordon, 2020 & 2022 1st for Butler and Dieng

Paul / Waiters / Melton
    Harden / Green / Williams
    Butler / Anthony / Ennis
    Tucker / Johnson
    Dieng / Nene / Hartenstein

Then sign a big like Nogueira, or Chandler if bought out.

#101 ThatBoyNick, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

CC plus EG and two first rounders for Butler is too much. That package would have been acceptable for Lebron. RR plus ZQ won't cut it for James Johnson, who is the principal player in this suggested trade. Riley would almost drive up the bargain and ask for at least one of the picks that you have proposed for the Butler trade.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No way you include a 1st for Dion and Johnson. You have to consider there contracts. Both are negative value considering Johnson’s age and Dions inconsistency. Anderson and Zhou would be plenty fair IMO. Dion and Johnson count for a combined 27 million for the next 3 years, Anderson is only 21 for the next 2 years. It’s a huge salary dump for Mia which is very valuable.

For Butler, it all depends on his market and if there are better offers. He’s a star and we would be competing with offer from La, NYK, Celtics etc who have more to offer if they wanted. I’d only do that deal if Butler agrees to re-sign here.

da_juice likes this.
  4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

i like your thought process... but in regards to the S&T deals, I believe they have to be for a minimum of 3 years (which may defeat the purpose of getting out of the deals quickly). That being said and if you send "cash considerations" to Miami, it may still work.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They do have to be for 3 years. But, to be fair, you can "non-guarantee" years 2 & 3. And put the NG decision date for June 30th. It is a work around.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. saleem

Butler is a star, but not a mega star. You are correct, competing teams can drive the offers up, but his impact, in my opinion is not that big, to justify giving up that much for him. Miami is not budging from giving up James Johnson and Waiters for Ryan Anderson, if indeed, he has been offered to them. I think the luxury tax is a big deal for the Heat, but not enough at least so far, to justify taking on Anderson's contract. James Johnson is still a pretty good player for his age 31 yrs and is tradeable, for a better offer.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Johnson will be 32 this year, and will be making 16 mill in his 3rd year at 34 years old. He’s a good player but that is a negative contract for his value considering his age. Dion, IMO is a vet min guy like Gerald Green / Marcus Thornton, he is also owed 34 million over the next 3 seasons which is pretty terrible. I wouldn’t add a 1st to that deal, too big of a risk when we might need that 1st to dump one of them later down the road. It’s a huge cap dump for Mia, Anderson’s contract is a thousand times better then Dion/JJ combined 3 year deals.

8. saleem

I appreciate your comments, despite disagreeing with you. The luxury tax is not an immediate concern for the Heat. They don't have to deal with it at the start of the season. They can look for better offers.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

https://hoopshabit.com/2018/08/07/phoenix-suns-potential-trade-houston-rockets/

PHX gets:
    Ryan Anderson
    '19 1st round pick

HOU gets:
    TJ Warren
    Tyson Chandler

I think this would be a great deal. Warren turns 25 in September, and he's locked in until the summer of 2022, at about 11.5 million / year. Can easily play backup 3. His defense might not be super great, but he can still be taught.

Tyson Chandler is 35 and is an UFA at the end of the upcoming season. He'll be trying to get a last big contract, but he's still very serviceable. He can be a backup 5 and can teach Capela some stuff. Great veteran to have on your team.

CP3 / Gordon / MCW
    Harden / Green / Melton
    Melo / Warren
    Tucker / Ennis / Qi
    Capela / Chandler / Nene

Very solid team.

Rocketsfanguy, jch1911 and da_juice like this.
  10. basketballholic

Actually Warren is a very underrated defender and a bargain at his salary.

Brandon Knight and Warren for Anderson, Edwards, and possibly a second rounder makes a lot of sense.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you keep including edwards in all your scenarios. but why would any team want this scrub coming back? he showed absolutely nothing in SL

12. basketballholic

He's filler to make trade work and leave a roster spot open. And he makes sense at the minimum as a budget replacement prospect for another team to replace a player we trade for. He's highly unlikely to play here. And he was signed very early. Which makes me think we bought that pick and signed him early for the specific purpose of having a salary to trade.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just get our beak wet in that HEAT vs CAVS trade

Pull out Korver from the Cavs along with our own package from the Heat
    Just Adding Ole Ryno in the Mix

Rocket River

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The Miami trade is wishful thinking but the one suggested for Butler is just not a good idea whatsoever.
    You would rather have Jimmy Butler over Capela and EG? Jimmys body is not that of a 23 year old, and only has a year left before he expects to get paid. Imagine having Butler’s and CP3’s contracts 3 years from now. I would even go as far as to say the drop off between Capela and Dieng is bigger than that between Butler and EG on a team like ours.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Butler, dude is a savage and I’d love to have him here, but you’re trading 2 major parts of our team for a player who essentially plays the same position as Harden and who wouldn’t be as effective off the bench as EG.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Sign dwade better

16. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Honestly dont think wade would be any more productive that JJ was last season

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

4 team deal, complicated but honestly I think it's really nice for all teams involved.

Rockets in - J.Johnson, Liggins(NG) and Okafor (NG)
    Rockets out - Anderson and 2019 1st

Heat in - Deng, Anderson, Ajinca(waive), Zubac, Bonga and Lakers 2019 1st
    Heat out- Whiteside, J.Johnson, Waiters and McGruder

Pelicans in - Waiters, McGruder and Hou 2019 1st
    Pelicans out - Ajinca, Okafor and Liggins

Lakers in - Whiteside
    Lakers out - Deng, Zubac, Bonga and 2019 1st

Could be done with the Lakers cut out, but IMO it would make a lot of sense for the Heat to move Whiteside out with Bam/Olynyk playing so well, especially if they can save roughly 5 mill per while getting a 1st and some prospects back for him.

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Do we want Courtney Lee? Looks like he's on the move, not sure what we have to give to NYK though

[​IMG]

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Parsons for Ryno, which team says no?

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

NY would move Lee but they want an expiring.