1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like the Michael-Carter Williams signing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2018.

?

Do you like the Michael-Carter Williams signing?

1. Yes

43.2%
  2. No

56.8%
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

I’ve always wondered if he has a mental problem, his face just doesn’t seem right, usually an indication of a syndrome /defect.

mockster, Chamillionaire and RudyTBag like this.
  2. Chamillionaire

LMAO.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely has that weird NBA 2k randomly generated look.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

MCW about to show everyone why he was rookie of the year.

5. #1fan

#1fan Member

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ariza still isn't worth 15M and Luc can't "run it back" with a separated shoulder. The Rox gotta move on from those guys.

dmoneybangbang, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am going to go to hell for laughing at this.

Ziggy likes this.
  8. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

No, because he was never good in the NBA. He had great raw numbers in Philly because they gave him the ball and had him chuck up shots. This helped their process, while making him look valuable. Look at his % from his “good years” they were very low.

9. fattz

fattz Member

Good teams don’t trust rookies and MCW is just insurance for Melton’s development. We need minutes reduced by our aging superstar or capable play when he out. Is Melton ready? The answer is soon. How soon is why MCW is here. If MCW can stay out of the way of Melton’s development and still play role on this team all will be wonderful. (I just can’t see it). Melton NEEDS burn on the big roster (learning to play off of the alpha players; not to be the dominant player in RGV). Coach has a lot of moving pieces this season >> we will see his merit with Melton’s development and keeping others happy along the way.

Sidenote: Melo & Melton’s skill sets meshes well together. Never seen them play together but they do in theory.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What gives you hope about this signing is knowing he's practicing with Harden/CP3, he has rookie of the year type talent and he's in the Dantoni system. Those are the pros. The cons are obviously there as Rockets fans the media doesn't hesitate on letting us know what they are so no need to repeat them.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  11. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a good passer. So maybe being left uncovered allows him to make the sharp pass to a team of scorers and that is how he makes them pay.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

The rox are already in deep shut if tjey need MCW against GSW that's what people are missing.

Mcw is a regular season player, he is there to soak up some of the grind and give Harden and Paul a break, we need somebody else to make plays and he is that dude.

Unless he plays amazing he will be out of the playoff rotatio or get 5-10 mins tops.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

No longer sure if I can trust your analysis on any player after you completely pooped the bed on Clint in another thread.

Let's just say I have infinitely more trust in MDA, Bzdelik, Rogers and Lucas ability to analyze and develop players than you do. MCW is low risk, high reward ROLE player.

The guy is not even expected to be a starter so your negativity and expectations are more than a little misplaced. Luc was also a vet min player who exceeded expectations after he got hear. For the price, a wait and see attitude is the key to not giving yourself a stroke over this move.

I highly doubt that MCW is an Ariza replacement. If any player is replacing Ariza, its PJ.

MCW is competing against Ennis, Clark, VE and whoever Rockets acquire in Ryno trade to back up PJ. The Luc role.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm an armchair fan. I'm not trying to imply I'm anyone special. I look at a player's innate ability and the amount of overall work that they put in. I expected MCW to be ahead of Ennis,
    Clark, VE, because of his experience.

I just don't think the coaches can make a real difference in such a short time. He is obviously a role player, but he has been a disappointment over the years. I didn't expect him to be Ariza's replacement. He is low risk, but I don't see him as a high reward.

However, I wanted a better role player. I do hope that he will prove to be a pleasant surprise, and be successful.

As far as Clint is concerned, I like his defense, rebounding and his shot blocking is just great.

However, I'm disappointed that he hasn't made enough gains on offense. He is the only real young athletic and long player that the team has.

I believe he should make more progress in the off season. I don't expect him to be an all star, but I don't want him to remain at the level, that he is at right now. Moving RA would take pressure off everyone on the team, but it's going to be a challenge to get a good return even in a package for him. I will be very happy if he rebounds back to being close to the start,that he made in the earlier part of the outgoing regular season.

#174 saleem, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I am not sure why everyone is so concerned about MCW. He was signed for the minimum and is mostly going to be utilized defensively because of his lengthy and athleticism on switches.

People should be more concerned about who is replacing Ariza defensively.

yixiixiy, D-rock and bawanyh like this.
  16. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Rockets are tanking?

17. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

I'm pretty sure he's competing to be the 4th guard not to be a combo forward like Luc was. He's got good length and can switch adequately between 1-3 on defense, but using him as a forward would be setting him up to fail.

18. Chamillionaire

MCW > Aaron Jackson

He'll be better here than in CHA.

19. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

I think he will, nowhere to go but up shooting efficiency wise from his previous two seasons. Chicago and Charlotte were the least productive and least shooting efficient seasons of his career. One positive in Charlotte was that he was the least turnover prone we've seen him which did helped his efficiency as reflected in Ortg.

So he just needs to combine that lower turnover with shooting closer to his career 40% instead of 33% and then get him to play defense well. He does that and he's acceptable as the 4th guard injury replacement / garbage time / situational guy .

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member