1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

It's almost that time of year. Once again good luck to everyone in their leagues!

@moestavern19 looking forward to more good info this year:). Alvin Kamara was a great find

Any advice or information from anyone will be very much appreciated here

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ah, my favorite time of year, football research season.

I am collecting bits of information daily and I will have plenty of thoughts for the upcoming season shortly.

3. Fantasma Negro

Who's starting a league?

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So we decided draft order with world cup brackets this year. But we are doing pick your pick rather than having the standings be the draft order.

I won the challenge so I get the pick of my choosing. Its a 12 team league, snake style draft. What does everyone think the best draft position would be?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have heard the 4 spot is the optimal position in a 12 this year. Allows for you to pair an elite RB with lower tier 1 WR such as David Johnson / Davante Adams.

rhino17 likes this.
  6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I'm in a league that allows one keeper from the previous year at a cost of the round the player was drafted in. I have a dilemma, I have the 9th pick out of 10, standard scoring. I'm trying to decide between 3 players:

Leonard Fournette @ a 2nd round pick
    Gronk @ a 3rd round pick
    Christian McCaffery @ a 3rd round pick

We only get to keep one player, and since its a snake draft, my 3rd round pick will be the 9th of the round. Many thanks in advance!

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My league appears to have gone from standard 12 player to 10 player. :( I agree with Moes... anywhere in top 4 seems a great spot to ensure you get the impact RB... though #11 and #12 wouldn't be bad since the draft seems deep. The toughest spot seems 6 or 7 where you ran out of the really top RBs and raced with tougher choices between WR and RB. Our draft is August 19 and they have communicated an order yet.

Really thinking going RB, RB, and then maybe WR. Our league is a 2 WR, 1 Flex league so getting three good RBs is a real advantage. Waiting on a TE and especially QB and loading up on RBs and WRs.

Curious how soon people are drafting AB (5th? 6th? 7th?). Then where people think Hopkins and OBJ are going? Guessing these are the only WRs going in round 1.

8. primtim24

I think loading up on RB's is critical. After the top 5-7 RB's, the talent drops off quite a bit. As for 1st round WR's, I think it just depends on your fellow owners. Because to me it could be OBJ, DeAndre Hopkins, AB, Julio Jones, and even AJ Green. But IMO,the position is a bit deeper than RB's. My strategy in your positions. would be by the end of the 3rd round to definitely have 2 RB's, and 1 WR.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Is Amari Cooper gonna be a bum again this year?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Need to know your scoring settings to give you a proper assessment. Full PPR / Half PPR / No PPR?

11. primtim24

Standard scoring. No PPR. No bonuses for long plays, catches, etc.

12. primtim24

He's got Jordy right there with him, and Gruden won't be running a very explosive style offense, I wouldn't think he'd be a bum, as he's got MAJOR talent, but I definitely have him rated no higher than he's been in years past for me....4th round roughly. I'd put him firmly in the 3rd tier of WR's.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In that case, that rules out McCaffrey for sure. Wouldn't spend a 3rd round pick on him in standard.

A later third for Gronk isn't bad at all, but Fournette is right about where you would be able to draft him.

14. donkeypunch

Yeah, I would too, but it's a full starting roster keeper league and it's either him or Derrick Henry.

Lineup as is:
    Rodgers/Watson
    Leveon
    K hunt
    Devante Adams
    Henry/Cooper
    Defense
    Kicker

It's lit.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

lulz.

What kind of mickey mouse league is this?

Keep Cooper and win the title easily. He will be good for 79-1189-7 this year.

16. donkeypunch

This is years of hard work, good drafting and trades. 16 teams at that.

Over Henry? I'm leaning Henry. Held on to Cooper since a rookie only to be disappoint.

Astrodome likes this.
  17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Cooper was overhyped from day 1 as a fantasy producer, he's never had elite size like Julio / Megatron types. First 2 seasons would have been fine if he wasn't so highly touted. If he stays healthy he will smash this season. No doubt. Jordy is 33. Bryant will probably get suspended.

When are you going to play Henry over Bell/Hunt?

Don't know what the rest of your WRs look like, but a Rodgers/Adams stack in a 16 team league is filthy enough.

You're clearly playing with a bunch of schmoes.

18. donkeypunch

Coopers best asset has always been his quickness and route running, it just hasnt showed up on paper for my fantasy team. I can see a lot of underneath receptions with bryant and jordy stretching on the outside, but hes also put on some muscle that worries me for his quickness in the slot. No offense, but I take your opinion on him with a grain of salt as he is on your raiders.

The starting roster is
    QB
    RB
    RB/WR
    RB/WR
    WR
    TE
    DEF
    K

This league has gone on since 2005 with all college buddies, definitely no shmoes, and has been a keeper league(hybrid dynasty) since 2009. Rodgers was my very first pick as my franchise leader. Everyone else has been draft picks as rookies. Ive hit big time with all my RB picks every year. My team goes by the name of RBU. Dont be jelly. Im also leaning to keep Watson to get younger, it is a dynasty type of league anyway.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hey you asked for an opinion. I gave it to you. Or did you just want to humblebrag about your roster?

I don't like Henry over Cooper because Henry just doesn't catch passes. He has caught like 11 passes his entire football career so that means Dion Lewis will see a lot of snaps. Negative game script situations will mean Henry will be a non-factor if the Titans arent very good. So I guess it boils down to how well you think the Titans will do this year.

In a 0 PPR I would a little more inclined toward Henry because Lewis is fragile and if he were to go down Henry would be an RB1 workhorse. He's a freak. I love him. Had him last two years and never played him.

But I'm more of a WR guy myself. I don't homer out over the Raiders but my bias does tend to favor a good WR over a RB.

You may see it as bias, but perhaps you are seeing last season's results as recency bias yourself.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...aining-camp-tour-kirk-cousins-jimmy-garoppolo

One example of camp reports being favorable.

It is just an opinion. Take it or leave it.

20. donkeypunch

Chill...... I do appreciate the input, but dont need an end-all-be-all answer, just an overall consensus. Wasnt trying to brag but figured had to give an explanation for my "mickey mouse league" roster; its lit.

Were a 1/3 point per rec league, so touchdowns/rb are weighed more heavily. Not gonna lie with the recency bias but Coopers never been consistent enough, game to game, to prolong a roster spot anymore imo. Could change this year, thats why I posed the question. Usually receivers break out in year 3 but that wasnt the case last year. Who knows? I think Im just done with him in general.