1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016 NBA Draft/2-37] Chinanu Onuaku

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2016.

?

Do you like the selection of Chinanu Onuaku?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2016.
  1. YES

55.8%
  2. NO

44.2%
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

To me it looks like there's a very interesting package right there, but he's very raw, will be interesting to see how much he'll develop in one year.

2. txn

txn Member

He looks much bigger than the others. But won't be the case when he comes to the NBA.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I was gonna mention a Dwight comparison too. Not exactly like Dwight, certainly does not have the bounce and build. Just saw similarities in some of their movements.

Unlike Dwight, Nanu actually has some semblance of turnaround & shooting touch near the basket. Surprising considering him resorting to underhand free throws which indicates lack of touch, would think he's Joey Dorsey bad airballing hook shots.

Nanu could just be a below the rim blob of nothing, or he can maybe be serviceable with light skills like passing, setting picks, just being a big body to box out

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Time to suit this guy up and give Nene the boot...

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nice stat line for our rookies. Wiltjer (33pts), Onuaku (20 pts 14 rbds), Taylor (23 pts).

6. chandlerbang21

We need to draft the next ShaquilleO'Neal

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Perfect.

#287 J.R., Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    boomboom and Chamillionaire like this.
  8. basketballholic

Depends on the player of course. But in this case it was incredibly stupid.

Sam Hinkie......please come back. We miss you so much. We need your input on these kids. DM is great. But he can't do everything.

Three years guaranteed!!!

Brogdon, the guy drafted right before Onuaku, had to earn his third year. McCaw, the player drafted by the Warriors, right after Onuaku, was given a two-year deal. And he ate up around 30 times more minutes then Onuaku did. Turned into a quality role player. Jake Layman...has sucked.....But he's even played over 5 times the minutes that Onuaku has played. Zhou is signed for three more seasons non-guaranteed and he's already outplayed Onuaku.

We didn't even get any minutes out of Onuaku. And we paid him an extra $1.5 million to not play for us this year. Oh, and we may get penalized on a future second round pick selection.

I'm trying to figure out. Did we owe tandem sports (onuaku's agent) some sort of favor?

Also, does anybody know if this is a done deal or is it one of those deals that's announced and then it morphs into a bigger deal involving other teams.....where we at least get our cash back.......hopefully?

Dear Sam,

Please.come.home.

9. Chamillionaire

Good call. Hard to tell when Morey is drafting.

Vincent Edwards is crap too.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm sure Morey makes all draft decisions.

11. Chamillionaire

I meant when Morey drafts, I always think for some reason they're gonna work out.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm only semi-sure of the quality of his picks, since Dorsey failed. I do like Melton and Clark though. Deng is more talented than Edwards.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  13. Chamillionaire

Edwards is ****. Deng looked like he has a lot more room to grow.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It sure was.

Morey did better with Zhou's and Hartenstein's contracts.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

Sometimes picks don't work out, the draft isn't a complete crapshoot but there are less sure things than sure things. Morey and his team are one of the best player analysis and acquisition groups in the league but its impossible to hit on every pick

16. basketballholic

I understand that.

I don't understand this pick. If we're gonna miss might as well miss taking shots at players that fit our system, and our window.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I.D.I.O.A.T.

*A = Appreciation

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The China Magoo Glue.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lelz. I think if they can score more than 10 ppg that would be a success in most cases. Or defend very well.