1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A look at our team, possible team and trades still to come.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

So far the Team looks like this :-Capella, Williams, Green, Melton, Paul, Tucker, Ennis, (Anderson?),
    Harden, Hartenstein, (MELO), Edwards. House 13 of possible 15
    Players GONE from previous season should be:- Black, Jackson Johnson, Brown,
    Players signed/or not for the present season, which may be part of the current team on part of a trade:-
    Gordon, Hunter, Nene, Onaku, Zhou.

I would like to hear from members their opinions about my thoughts on the team. Thanks Yetti

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about your thoughts on the team, but . . .

[​IMG]

3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Stopped reading at CapeLLa

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I expect Harrden and Ppaul to have stellar seasons. With Tuckker bringing the goods on D, Gordoon becoming just a bit more consistent, Ennnis playing within himself, and Capella improving once again, I think we are in decent shape. Add Meelo for second unit domination while we bring Mellton and Harttenstein along under veteran tutelage from Nenene and things are looking up. Of course, there is also the Houston Mayor Gerrald Greeen who will be key throughout at least the regular season and first few playoff rounds. Let Zhoou and Houuse and others fight it out in training camp for 12th man.

7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Rather have Deng Adel and Melton.

Adel is the reincarnation of The Dream spirit.

That Dream shake at 0:37 tho

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I seriously had to google who Williams was.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too early to boil up mah blood pressure......let's say season half time.

Oh yeah, the regular season will be good to very good again. Semi Coastin.

I expect a trade down the line, whether it's near deadline or prior to it.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Will the GSW let us have the No 1 seed again, remains the question.

Expect them to be 2x better in the Postseason.

11. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

After watching the Summer League I realized a couple things. First, my hopes for Rob Gray went out the window quick. Duval had 1 good game and than showed me why he went undrafted, had plenty of opportunities to shine. Hartenstein doesn’t impress me one bit, I’m not sure what DM sees in him. The guy can’t hold onto the ball in the post to save his life. Every time he makes a move down low he gets stripped, I’m not impressed and it’s time to move on. Zho Qi is still very very raw but definitely has upside and room for improvement. Onuaku plays with ZERO passion and almost seems lazy, it’s time to move on from him as well. RJ Hunter is very inconsistent and can’t do much else but shoot. Vincent Edwards needs to show more if he wants to stick around IMO, he definitely showed flashes of a good role player ala Battier and Ariza but needs to be more assertive if he plans on having a good career.
    Alright now to the good stuff and the guys that impressed me a ton. First I’ll begin with the obvious, De’Anthony Melton. This kid is a straight baller that I can definitely see getting playing time this year. His ability to defend and rebound is amazing for a guy his height (6’4). Also his ability to get to the rim and shoot is impressive especially for a guy who everyone had as a bad shooter on their scouting report. Second on my board is Adel Deng. This guy could be the diamond in the rough for someone, hopefully for HOU. The guy didn’t play the first game but quickly got minutes after the 2nd game. He can shoot, defend, rebound, and get to the basket. If you notice he was great at switching everything and holding his ground, his footwork was also very impressive and for me he did enough to get an invite to camp with HOU. And last but not least, Danuel House. This guy will be on an NBA roster somewhere if not with HOU. The kid can flat out ball and is a very good shooter. He’s 6’7-6’8 with the ability to guard multiple positions. I read up on him a little bit and I found out that he worked with KD on his shooting back in HS which is why his form and stroke is so similar to KD’s.
    I’m really hoping coming into this season that HOU recognizes these guys talents and gives them a camp invite along with possibly making the roster which could look like this:
    Starting 5:
    CP3
    Harden
    Tucker
    Melo
    Capela

Bench:
    MCW
    Gordon
    Green
    Ennis
    Nene

Reserves:
    Melton (Contract)
    Edwards (Contract)
    Qi (Contract)
    House (Contract)
    Deng (2-Way)

Zoplicone, Hui, htownrox1 and 13 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Failed to G00gle.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

You guys want Chandler Parsons back?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

No banana boat.

#14 daywalker02, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    True Rocket likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What exactly was the point of this thread

sammy and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  16. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think Adel has lots of upside (depending on the intangibles).
    I really hope we can find a roster spot for him.

ROXonROXonROX and D-rock like this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the roster currently stands like this:

joe-nene-nanu
    tucker-anderson
    ennis-green
    harden-gordon
    paul-MCW

we still have to sign capela, melo, melton, and hartenstein. that would bring us to 15 players. if melo takes the vet min instead of the full MLE, we can use part of the exception to sign melton and hartenstein to 3-4 year deals. that would leave us with about $3M left to spend. we could either save that for buyout season or use that on someone now and cut MCW who i believe is NG'd. i don't think anyone left except for maybe wade or nick young is worth adding. and if we add one of them we can explore trading gordon for a F.

if the above happens our roster will look like:

capela-joe-nene-nanu
    melo-anderson-hartenstein
    tucker-ennis-green
    harden-gordon
    paul-melton-MCW

obviously now the F rotation is the weak point on the team. anderson's money is the most likely trade chip. with cash, picks, and sometimes nene added to the package i'd look at these options (in no particular order):

1. shumpert+large TE
    2. bazemore
    3. harkless+leonard
    4. aminu+turner
    5. sefolosha+burks
    6. crowder+buks
    7. carroll+dudley
    8. fareid+dudley
    9. batum
    10. chandler+bayless

Cdub37 and D-rock like this.
  18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Here’s how I have it...

CP3/MCW/Melton
    Harden/Gordon
    Ennis/Green
    PJ/Melo/Ryno/Jo Chi
    CC/Nene/Nanu/Hartenstein

That makes 15 and very well could be the 15 that they start the season with. As you can see, the roster is unbalanced with too many 4s and 5s. The obvious answer is th trade Ryno and Nanu for a wing. I think the 2 most realistic options are Shumpert or Bazemore. I’d rather them get Carroll from Brooklyn but Brooklyn probably aren’t willing to take on Ryno’s contract.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

How is houston going to convince Melo to come off the bench?

20. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

It’s more about fitting him into his Olympic Melo role and making him feel valuable. If he starts or not isn’t the question. It’s buying in 100% to the schemes on both sides of the ball, making shots, making the extra pass, contesting shots and rebounding. If he does that why shouldn’t he start?

Nook, JVL713, D-rock and 1 other person like this.