1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets want Melo off the bench, may sign with Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Melo has slipped into the abyss of over the hill, done, finished, all over.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Uh, yeah. I think Ryan Anderson is a lesser athlete than Carmelo Anthony at 34. Definitely. I will take that as an accusation. Yessir. Affirmative.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

at this point, not really but you're welcome to believe so. feel free to catch up to 2018

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

As soon as Anderson catches up to Melo In a footrace...

34to11 likes this.
  5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This is funny. I trust Morey and Paul way more than you guys. Stick to your day job

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Imagine another summer of Pro Melo vs Anti Melo only to have him end up somewhere else in September

PeterKingX, plutoblue11 and lionaire like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Man that would be a nightmare

PeterKingX and DonKnock like this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I made enough enemies last summer insisting Ryno wouldn’t get the deal done.

I’ll stick to backing the Ennis signing this summer and putting down the idea that Ryno can net us Otto Porter.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

probably be pretty easy since melo will stop for a burger in the midst

10. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Right that is funny because Melo is fat

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thrift Store Melo is the happy medium of Fat Mellon and Olympic Melo.

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I'm going to say what I want kid.

You aint watch him enough, thats like me telling some of you about Harden or Capela. I aint watch enough to give a valid opinion on their games and I refuse to go off of narratives regarding them.

I watch every game Melo plays, I know his game better than all of you.

So yeah keep making judgments on him because of what you hear on ESPN or Twitter.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

The fanboi is strong in this one. Impressive.

Easy likes this.
  14. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I remember that game man, dude was getting after it every possession vs LeBron

Dude really ups his game against the NBAs Elite.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Why thank you sir.

16. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Did not read full answer. Got stuck on the "kid" part -- why resort to ad hominem attacks if you have a strong argument? For whatever reason, the "kid" one always tends to irritate me the most due to how disingenuous it is. Distracts me from whether your point is valid or not (I don't really watch that much Melo so I have no clue).

Sorry, I am not otherwise really involved in this (on a substantive level), so please, carry on.

PS - I am in favor of Melo coming to HOU for the min. or MLE

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I'm from New York, kid is just something we say not big deal wasn't meant as an insult B

18. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

melo touchdown still at 2 yard line?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article214424069.html

As the Heat waits for Carmelo Anthony’s expected exit from Oklahoma City, multiple ESPN announcers said off the air this week that they believe the Heat would be a better fit than Houston would be for the 10-time All Star, even though the Rockets are considered to have a far better chance of making the NBA Finals.

Among them: Amin Elhassan, a prominent voice on the network’s NBA coverage and former scouting coordinator and assistant director of basketball operations for the Phoenix Suns.

“For many of these other mentioned destinations, I don’t think it would work out because he’s a guy who still lives in a world where he’s an elite scorer, where he’s a centerpiece, or at least he’s a guy that gets regular touches down the floor,” Elhassan said this week during a game at Thomas & Mack Center.

“The one place that could actually offer him that and the accompanying, ‘hey work, rebound, defend and all the other dirty work’ is Miami. If he buys into the culture, he could [thrive there].”

But Anthony isn’t considered much of a defender. So would that be problematic with the Heat?

“He doesn’t have to be elite; he just has to be good enough,” Elhassan said. “When you are a smart player, and he’s a smart player, when you are on the floor with four guys who are plus at defending their positions, you can make it work.

“You look at [Houston’s] James Harden last year. Was he massively better defensively? He improved a little bit, but a lot of it was you put him on the floor with four defenders and say just don’t mess it up. He can do that. Melo is the same way.

“The bigger thing is conditioning, because that’s the big thing in Miami. When you look at the transformations Dion Waiters and James Johnson made and all those guys made, the biggest thing is they bought into the idea that they are going to run us like dogs and you are going to look shredded after a couple months under that program. That’s a big part of buying in. Basketball wise, I think Carmelo will be fine [if he signs with Miami]. It’s the conditioning and all the extra work.”

The Heat and Houston are considered the top contenders for Anthony once he becomes available; both teams met with him in Las Vegas earlier this week after being granted permission by the Thunder. People with both organizations indicated this week that they don’t know which team Anthony will choose.

Anthony, 34, averaged 16.2 points and 5.8 rebounds and hit a career-high 169 three pointers for the Thunder last season. Opposing players shot 47.5 percent against Anthony, compared with 46.6 overall.

Anthony and agent Leon Rose have been working to resolve Anthony’s exit from the Thunder, who want to dump Anthony via trade or by cutting him and stretching his $27.9 million cap hit over three years in order to reduce a large luxury tax bill.

The Heat could offer him the $2.4 million veteran’s minimum or all or part of its $5.3 million exception.

Vivi likes this.
  20. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

This article lost me at “ESPN announcers”. They lost credibility as soon as that was mentioned.