1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela rejected Rocket's 5 year $85 million offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Jul 11, 2018.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

What? Capela could be replaced any day as long as we have Harden and CP.

cerophilik likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

It's a business boys. No reason for Clint to agree to an offer until he's sure the Rockets have made their best offer. Clint is stringing this thing out hoping the Rockets keep raising their offer. I do think it would be a mistake for Clint to take the QO at this point. Just too much money involved to take the chance. Also, I'm not sure if Clint would get a bigger offer on the open market next season. Maybe he would, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure other teams can see he has his limitations.

jboslett and RayRay10 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Time for Morey to raise the stakes. Trade w/Sac for Willie Cauley-Stein.

Two 2nds, Nene and rights to Gentile should do it.

Kings are absolutely gaga over their new big Harry Giles. Writing on the wall for WCS.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

100Ms for a guy who can't hit half his free throws? What a time...

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Clint is only worth 15 million a year and that's it. Morey was very generous with that lucrative offer. No other darn team made an offer. That should let him and his agent know hes not valued like that. Smh

6. baubo

baubo Member

I don’t see why people are so afraid of Capela on a QO. If he’s truly the star he thinks he is, the Rockets will be awesome next year and perfectly happy to max him out on 5 years (more than any other team). If he’s not as good as he thinks he is the Rockets will once again be using Tucker at center in the playoffs to close games and Capela will stay on a reasonable contract or we don’t lose that much when he’s overpaid elsewhere.

Either way I’m content. As I would if he takes 5/85 which is perfectly reasonable.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

If they are, why would they get rid of him.

8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

yes his skillset is desired by us. No one is saying hes garbage. Hes a very good player. But on another team he isnt worth a max, no team offered him anything this offseason. Hes worth more to the rockets. At 85 we are overpaying. Because we are trying to make him happy. If he cant accept 4 for 80 or 5 for 90. I let him take his dumb QO. If he gets a max contract next year after taking a QO , he will spend the first 2 years of it just making back the money he left on the table this year.

9. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

You want out of that Ryan Anderson debacle, Trade Gordon, Capela and RA to some has been team for some picks and send those picks to Minnesota for Jimmy Butler and sign Greg Monroe. Check -- Golden State, your move!

10. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Oh. Go after D'Andre Jordan next year.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

They are looking for a first and/or a starter at the 3. With 1 year left on his K, they are looking to get something before they lose him.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Will Monroe sign for vet min?

13. ZootSuitMurphy

That's probably his argument in these meeting. "Look Mr. Morey. My seat warmer ,Ronald Anderson, is making $20mill. I dunk passes from James and Chris. Dunk passes > Warming seats sooo Clint > $20 mill."

14. opticon

opticon Member

Kings have two many bigs. Ryan would give them spacing. I think Morey is going to start making call if he has not all ready.

htxaf and D-rock like this.
  15. LUK3

LUK3 Member

He’s an idiot, or his agent is, or both.. Wanting way more than what he’s worth. Smh

htxaf likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t personally think he is worth more than 5/85. I was simply pointing out that the market thinks Capela is worth 5/85 because it has been offered to him. The fact that the Rockets offered it also tells me that they think Capela would get that type of money when he is unrestricted next year.

TheFreak and jboslett like this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Capela sucks anyways, dont know why people around here hype this guy so much. 13-10 Players like him back in the day got ****ing payed 2.5 million yearly. ****ing nba is joke. Mf chris bosh was making 15 mil and avg 24-10, with monster games. Hell with Capela and this stupid league.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DeAndre Jordan, or Steve Adams ring a bell? Might want to look up their contracts.

DD

cerophilik likes this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Pull the offer!
    New offer 4/60.... take it or walk!

PeterKingX likes this.
  20. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

His agency also represented DMo, need more be said?

LUK3 likes this.