1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Lowe] FA Winners and Losers: Beware of labeling Houston a...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 11, 2018.

1. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

talk to me about winners and losers when the season starts. Golden State got LeBron in their division. Boogie may not be fully healthy till all star break.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  2. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I find the hand wringing over Luc especially hilarious. When the Rockets signed him for the vet minimum last year, no one would have consider it a signing that was putting the Rockets over the top. It's amazing how good these role players look when they have Harden and Paul setting them up for wide open looks.

Smacktle, BigMaloe, dlite316 and 6 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

sooooo scary

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

just because you didn't know who LMM was doesn't mean nobody else did. he was signed for depth and to improve the rockets defense. which he did.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

WIde open looks? We're upset because we lost the edge we had on defense from the wing position, not because of anything that has to do with offense. Our wings helped make THE TEAM look good on DEFENSE.

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If you believe future Ariza and Mbah are both declining, not paying them or luxury tax is actually a huge win.

You seem to think they’ll be the same players they were last season. Morey clearly believes that to be unlikely, for whatever reason.

D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

if your championship window is fairly limited, then both can be seen as losses which they are

8. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I really want Morey to get bulter from the pups, but I just can't see any senorio where they would do the trade.

EG and Picks? Would they want Ryno?

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  9. rserina

rserina Member

Not sure how you can even assign winners and losers at this stage. Is Golden State a "winner" if Cousins never steps on the court for them? Losing Ariza and Luc hurt, but it wasn't as if we traded them for MCW and Green. I highly doubt Morey is content with this team.

But if we were to sign Capella to long deal,bring in Melo, Ennis, and Nunnally, Melton is able to give us solid minutes at the two, and we are able to package Gordon, Anderson, and some other assets (Lull, Zhou, one of those minimums, cash, whatever) for a guy like Butler, or a lesser deal for another disgruntled guy before the deadline, I would consider that a massive success. Heck even without that latter deal we could be pretty stout. Give me rotation like and we are every bit as long, athletic, deep, switchable on defense with multiple options offensively:
    Paul
    Harden
    Melo
    Tucker
    Capella
    Gordon
    Green
    Anderson/Nene
    Ennis
    Nunnnally/Melton/MCW

don grahamleone and Artie_Fufkin like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we got freaking cp3 point god mvp of wcf locked up 4 4 years and we are somehow the losers??
    ill take that any day of the off season

D-rock, don grahamleone and Patience like this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There are people who talk stupid craps to get rich,

and then there are people who write common sense to make a living.

Welcome to the new era.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I read that "We find the Chandler Parsons, we don't pay Chandler Parsons" line as referring to hidden draft gems or guys who have never made a roster. Ariza didn't fit that description in any way, nor did Luc. Melton or Duval might, but only time will tell.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Still ain't no rings on those fingers.

14. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Surely Ariza and Luc is just as Scary... :confused::confused::rolleyes:

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure are.

more than oh wait who is on the team again atm? invisible player #1 and #2. scaaaaaary :rolleyes:

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

and yet that still doesn't mean there's anyone else that could do the job better. Butler and Kawhi don't have rings, but I'm sure you'd be happy to have them because they give you the best shot at the title wouldn't you?

17. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Season started when? Yesterday? Let's see what those Suns and Clippers going to do.. You don't like what they're doing you don't got to watch.. You sound like one of those Pat Bev or Parsons Truthers.. The Sky is falling when we traded for CP3. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

and? the article was posted at this point in time :rolleyes:

you're the one getting all butthurt

19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Man I miss rafer tho

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I thought they were both declining but still fail to see how losing them and replacing them with no one (as of the time the article was written... and given the cap situation, scraps anyway) can't be seen as losing in free agency. Declining or not, Trevor gave them 34 mpg in regular season and playoffs last year.

If/when the Rockets make more moves, their grade can be adjusted.

don grahamleone and MorningZippo like this.