1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

This year 5 teams (?) had serious capspace. Next year it will be more than half the league.
    Especially if he isn't a RFA anymore.

2. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Either way...Capela is going to be balling. It's crazy how much these kids are making. WOW

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If I'm Morey, there is no chance I go any higher than $70 mil/4 years.

If Capela is willing to bet on himself by taking the qualifying offer then so be it. That is his only other option.

4. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Maybe Gobert but I wouldn’t touch Kat at all. He has no defense potential.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Deuce and roslolian like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So KD. Who else? I've been trying to pay attention, but honestly thought there were fewer 1 year deals this year than last.

In fact a few days ago The Ringer published an article talking exactly about how there will be a lot (like more than half) the league with meaningful cap room next year, when the cap is ALSO expected to jump towards $108 million, while simultaneously being FEWER meaningful free agents than in previous years.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/5/17536294/nba-free-agency-2019-los-angeles-clippers

The Clippers and several other franchises will have the cap space to chase franchise-altering free agents next summer. But with so much competition, and without any assurances those players will be available, will most teams be left without anyone to spend it on?

malakas likes this.
  7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Cap will take the QO and realize next off-season he won't get any offers even close to that because FAs are so abundant.

roslolian and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ON THIS TEAM . . I will take Capela over Gasol/Jokic/KAT

While I don't want to overstate it but . . .Capela Worked KAT and GOBERT

Rocket River

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno why anyone would up the offer? Why would we negotiate against ourselves. I’m offering him even less. Cousin got 5.3 million, that’s my offer. 4 Years 21 million. He ain’t getting anywhere close to that from anyone else.

Not gonna win a championship cuz of Clint Capela, don’t make same mistake we did with Anderson and over pay. Centers are a dime a dozen in today’s game. And he’s useless against the warriors.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Yes.
    Lowe also said the same.
    Next year many teams will have money and nowhere to spend it on.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nurkic just got 12/13M per year, DeAndre will be 31 next summer, and his game is pretty much all athleticism, i can't really see him getting 15 or more million per year tbh, if the best offer he'll get will be around 10/12, i can actually see him coming home for the full MLE (at least assuming it won't be the tax one lol).

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

i literally lol

bro2044, steddinotayto and malakas like this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Make this powder puff sign the QO then let him walk next year then sign Deandre Jordan on a cheaper deal. Clint needs to go to a team without help and be exposed in embarrassing fashion. Rockets are right to hold firm in their position.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Is this even true/accurate? Genuinely asking, and of the teams with cap space, how many are without a center? Would really like to have a breakdown of this.

15. malakas

malakas Member

If I were Morey I offer Capela 2 kilos of olive oils, and 10 dollars. Take it or leave it.

16. SuraGotMadHops

"The smart teams find the Chandler Parsons, they don't pay the Chandler Parsons."

francis 4 prez and rserina like this.
  17. MD_in_Training

The Warriors have 5 All stars and their role players are all coming back. We have CC wanting $100 mil despite not being able to stay on the court against GS. What are we doing here again?

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You've been around since 2002. Capela has been the 3rd..maybe even the 2nd best center this franchise has had since 2002.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

A comment like this makes you seem like a really nice/pleasant individual.

20. malakas

malakas Member

Nurkic is extremely injury prone and had already turned down a big extension. If he risked it again to take the QO that would be incredibly risky for him.
    I think DJ can get around 15 as you said. Depending ofc how he looks in Dallas this year.