1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

He is probably the best pick and role player in the league on offense and defense. No one switches like him at the center positions which is needed for today’s game. He is a top 5 center

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Like everyone including KD. Have you not noticed all these one year contracts? half the FA this year signed one year deals.

roslolian likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

i think theres a pretty long list of free agent bigs next year in another thread. i forgot which one. there was some pretty good posts going back and forth about it a couple days ago. ill try to find it

roslolian likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is entirely wrong.

The Rockets don't care about losing people for nothing if the decision was defensible at the time. They just don't do panic selling of guys out of fear of "losing them for nothing" .

They lost Parsons for nothing.

They lost Dwight for nothing.

Unless the season goes in the trash can or Capela turns into a malcontent, they're going to make another run at the Warriors, which includes keeping Clint all season.

bro2044, roslolian and Richie_Rich like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BTW - Is Bj really his agent?

IF so . . . BJ is a horrible agent
    and seems have a personal
    vendetta to destroy his clients
    who are Rockets

Rocket River

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

There is always the possibility of him signing the QO, playing his heart for, what he hopes is a big contract next year, and then we sign DeAndre Jordan. So we have options that are there but not guarantees.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Who? Which rookie C drafted with a very low first rounder will be able to give 70% of CC? That would be a surefire ROY and the steal of the draft.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah this top 5 center got exactly 0 offers. if he was that valuable as you so falsely think he would of had one the minute the FA period started. Love CC but take off those delusional goggles. no need to go further into this bc Im not going to trash CC

Cash Cam, roslolian and Vivi like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

You are out of your mind. Capela is not better than Davis, Kat, Gobert, Gasol or Jokic and I think I'm forgetting someone else. If he were a Top 5 center he'd have signed an offer sheet two weeks ago.

lw17 and roslolian like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

DJ coming here for free?

11. malakas

malakas Member

90% of the teams won't even have the chance to sit down with the stars like KD, Butler, Thompson , Kawhi.
    From the rest of the players Capela is one of the creme of the crop.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Almost all of those guys are overpaid. The only ones who aren't are the true game changers at the top.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can see Capela having somewhat more leverage here, but in the end i think both part would lose if they won't reach a deal.

The Rockets will lose their 3rd/4th best player and their best asset.

Capela will lose 15/20M for his next season and so in his career, he might also end up getting less playing time, he might get injured, and he has no guarantee that next summer he'll get what he's looking for now.

They should really meet in the middle, 18/19 per year is a fair deal for both sides imo.

roslolian and homewight like this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Anderson will be a lot more manageable trading since he would be expiring and DJ already said he would take a discount to play for his hometown team.

15. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Member

Embiid

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

CP3 and JH are going to make close to 70million. You have 30+mil for the other 10 guys. If you don't sign Capela you will be capped out and won't be able to get another big piece. This is kind of what the cavs went through with TT and JR. Eventually you will have to pay the piper.

17. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Did you see what Capela did to Kat and Gobert in the playoffs and Kat would make our team worse not better dude is horrible on the defensive end. I want my big man to play defense and not be soft

waytookrzy079 and Rocket River like this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

He's not going to get $100 mil next year. He would have gotten that offer his summer if he were the creme o the crop and they won't even talk to him until they know they can't get KD, Butler, Thompson or Kawhi.

roslolian likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

Morey would trade Capela for Kat of Gobert in the drop of a hat so it doesn't matter. Harden and Paul make Capela who he is not Capela.

waytookrzy079, lw17 and roslolian like this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

I doubt he will come to play for the total of 10 million dollars or so. No matter how manageable Anderson's contract will be, no team will swallow it all without sending it back anything ..unless you think we should throw a first rounder?