1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I personally think a contract at 18 per is fair and should satisfy both sides.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's absolutely not worth the max, 20M per year at best...the problem is, we can't afford to lose him...

I'm starting to think Morey should really trade these restricted guys who are looking to get big pays before they enter in free agency, that's always a pain in the ass...Parsons, D.Mo, now Capela...we're waiting and probably losing some decent players out there cause we are forced to wait for this, i'm not sure it's worth it for role players.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what is wrong with him, he won't get that much either next year.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Can you blame him? Dantoni Said he was one of the better centers in the league and he is going to get paid this summer. If you truly think that pay him. I would rather of give Caplea Cp3 money then giving that money to Cp3 but that’s just me. Idk why people are hating when a player is trying not to get his money especially when we are low balling him big time.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Players on QO are worth nothing plus they have to have assurances of playing time on their new team to agree.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Paging @count_dough-ku what do you think now huh?!

Is Morey crazy for not agreeing to 100M contract for Capela? Are they lowballing and insulting him by not agreeing to 100M? Are Harden and Cp3 gonna demand trades next year because Morey didnt sign Capela to a 100M deal?!?

Next time wait for details before you start hating on the GM and owner smh

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: players who sign a QO contract cannot be traded without their consent, and they lose their Bird Rights, if traded.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's time to tell him to look for sign and trade teams because we aren't stupid enough to pay him that.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i’m thinking of teams who still needs a C...hawks? maybe we can get taurean prince...

10. malakas

malakas Member

good luck with that. Teams that will be easy to do a S+T with aka with some capspace aren't interested.
    Teams without capspace on the other hand it will be extremely complex and almost impossible.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He may have the leverage to get more, but not 25M per. No one is going to give him that, even next summer.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Then kiss the Rockets' window of contending goodbye. If Capela is dealt, it won't be long before CP3 asks to be moved to a real contender. And Harden won't exactly be excited to spend the remaining years of his prime winning 45 games and getting bounced in the first round.

Morey and Tilman have to meet Clint halfway(or 35-40% of the way) and get him locked up.

13. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

sounds like he's trying to leech off Harden and CP3 easy buckets they gave him.. I wonder if Capela was motivated by the Pay Day? Would he come back just as motivated once he got his coins?

buffalobills!!! and lw17 like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do you know how negotiations work? The other party gives a high amount, the other party gives a low amount and then you meet in the middle. Rox are just setting the expectations obv they want salary to be on the low side doesnt mean thats their final offer.

Rox aren't even lowballing him, 15 per year is reasonable for what he did considering he had Harden and Cp3.

macho GRANDE, lw17 and Rocket River like this.
  15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Clint seems to be over playing his hand a little bit.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

If he really demanded 25 mil per he would have already signed his QO.

It's just the negotiating starting point. I am certain that he will also take 19-20 per or so.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The window might close, but it won't be because CP3 asks out.

CP3 is unmovable at this point and so is James Harden. $40 million contracts are going to be impossible to move to contenders because they won't have the salary to match up.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm just not sure he is going to get that kind of money anywhere. He certainly won't this year because of his status as a restricted free agent.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good. Settle on the 20 mill I suggested

Centers.PNG

I can see why he would be a bit bothered
    Alot of lesser centers are getting way more than 15
    (If these are accurate )

Rocket River

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's the point. Send BJ out to realize that he won't even get 100 mil next season. He's hurting his client again.