1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Not many of those will be 25 years old and UFA.
    I don't believe he can get next year 25 mil per in the open market but he can get 20 mil per.
    The 15 mil per we are offering it's lowballing.

waytookrzy079 and heypartner like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They wouldn't even be able to deal him because he would have to give his permission and approve any trade.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Capela is delusional. OKC can afford to pay Adams that much. He isn't worth that either. 4/60 is a very reasonable offer. Agents don't give a damn about their clients. They tell the players to pass up on offers, and give them wrong advice, that they will get bigger contracts the following year. An injury on the qualifying offer will be devastating for Clint.

A strange thought came to my mind just now. I wonder if Capela will leave the NBA to play in Europe, if he doesn't get what he wants. The Rockets shouldn't give in to his demands.

Stormy1234, lw17 and roslolian like this.
  4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

If he wants 100 million, is he breaking off any for james and Chris? No way is he worth that much. Joe Chee and Hartenstein are improving a lot

lw17 likes this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets need to overpay a bit here for chemistry and cohesion.

Also even though Capela creates his own shot about .000000001 percent of the time, not having a guy pull a Dwight and want a different role to the detriment of the team is valuable.

25 per is too much. But I’d go 17-20 per.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If it's a team he'd like to resign with, I don't see why he wouldn't approve the trade.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

4/60 is fair. You really shouldn't compare what players received in past years to what a player can get this year. Every year is different.

BigMaloe, dreamshakin, saleem and 2 others like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

He wouldn't have leverage if the Rockets could afford to have him play in his QO and then leave for nothing. We can't afford to do that either.
    Not because it will be an asset wasted but because we are contending and we don't have any other healthy C.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because he doesn't have to. He can just walk to the team the next season. They'll be offing a poo poo platter on contracts and no draft picks anyway.

10. malakas

malakas Member

they don't get his bird rights so why should they trade for him?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The dude ain't worth more than 15 M a yr, 20 M is too much. Luckily,he is a RFA. The Rockets don't have to give in to his demands. Perhaps Clint and the Rockets might agree to a 1 year deal for 20 M, but I don't like that. Clint will have to prove that he is worth it. I believe he will become too comfortable. The Rockets need him to improve, especially on offense, without sacrificing his defense. That's easier said than done.

#31 saleem, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Not an embarrassing 'lowball'; 4/72 seems fair?

14. malakas

malakas Member

and next year will be different. AKA much richer.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

100 million is completely off the reservation for a restricted free agent with no market.

I think 4/60 is a little low, but it is much, much closer to reality.

16. malakas

malakas Member

and he doesn't have to sign a contract he doesn't want. QO. A disaster for us.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

who were the cats on here that thought 4/48 was a "fair" offer in "good faith"? lol this guy turned down a reported 4/60.

macho GRANDE and Rocket River like this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Doesn't a guy signing his sheet making him a UFA the next season also get a no-trade as part of the CBA?

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is the thing. He DOES have leverage. If he takes the QO he's as good as gone next year. Only one player in NBA history has returned to the same team following a QO. This would sour the relationship with Capela beyond repair most likely.

If the Rockets had assets or cap space they might say "oh well, we can replace a rim running center." Truthfully though they can't. They'll be limited again next year to the tax payer MLE and still have the same junk bonds to sell other teams that they have this year except for maybe Melton improving. Problem there will be that Melton improving is needed for this team lol.

We aren't in a great position either way.

waytookrzy079 and malakas like this.
  20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Let him sign the QO and trade him. Nothing personal, just a business decision. Thank you for your years with us.

lw17 and PTX like this.