1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is smart, but he's got no sense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Alex,

I will take “Morey over Zboy” for 1000 please.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I’m sorry, Texasasiafan, the answer is not “what is lose your glue guy, lowball a great wing defender and your stud big man, and chase a has been black hole negative defender.” That takes you down to $-10,000,l and out of contention. Thank you for playing!

cheke64 likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Alex, scratch that. I would like to jump right in into the Final Jeopardy question.

Did you say the category was , "Ryan Anderson as a Houston Rocket?"

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I rarely find myself seriously questioning the decision making of the Rockets management, but this is one of those times. Is this pursuit of Melo coming from Chris Paul?

Zboy likes this.
  5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nah. It's the Morey Memorial Melo-Mania!! Though Chris Paul is probably aiding in it.

Unlike most, I like Melo as a stretch 4. I would like a long wing defender who can actually make a jumpshot.

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Maybe Houston was worried Luc's shoulder issue will be recurring?

Let's just hope Morey can draft or trade his way to finding 3&D wings that can help us NOW.

Remember, Chandler Parsons despite being a 2nd round pick became an immediate impact player for us. Did not take him long to be inserted into our starting lineup.

bilaal14 likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Melo was so much into winning and Chris Paul really wanted him here so bad, why not ask Melo to take the minimum?

I mean, the man has robbed every team he has been on and is down to his knees in $$ but wont join the Rockets for the minimum but will do it for a few million more?

Was it really that hard to make him give up a few millions so that the team could spend it to improve the team and give him better chance to win??

It has never been about winning for Melo. If you do not understand that then you have not been following his career.

J.R. and Little Bit like this.
  8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

People need to relax.

Our record was still astronomically good whenever CP3/Harden/Clint played together and we all know Clint isn't going anywhere.

Losing Luc sucks, I get it, but life goes on. We will find replacement players (in addition to Melo) and we will be just fine.

Deep breath.

Calm down.

The sky isn't falling.

Nobody died.

SWTsig and bilaal14 like this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Not sure I’d consider Aminu an upgrade on Ariza, but if I were the Rockets, I’d do Aminu and Turner (or Leonard) for Ryno. Aminu is basically a younger version of Ariza, and played a lot of small ball power forward in Portland. Good suggestion.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Luc and Ariza didn’t leave because of defense? I’m not sure what you’re even talking about.

You’re damn sure not beating the Warriors by losing perimeter defenders like Ariza and Luc and replacing them with the likes of Melo who was a liability against the dominant Utah offense in the playoffs.

HP3 likes this.
  11. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

MCW is ranked top 10 on defensive switches

bilaal14 likes this.
  12. 523744

523744 Member

Cleverly disguised "I'm not Daryl Morey" thread. Good one Daryl.

topfive likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

In before "That decision was made by Le$, not Daryl Moron-ey!"

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The pursuit is coming because Carmelo Anthony is a better basketball player than Luc Mbah a Moute. One guy has won three olympic gold medals and is one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. The other signed with the Rockets for $2 million last season after bouncing around from team to team his entire career.

You can find three and D guys like Luc much easier than you can find players that have the ability to carry a team offensively for stretches like Melo can.

#94 DVauthrin, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Get that bullsh!t logic and common sense outta here. Can't you see there's a Moreybash going on?!?

bilaal14 and BigShasta like this.
  16. PatBev

PatBev Member

How is he suppose to feed his family?

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We have the exact same squad that played the Warriors as last year minus Ariza. Luc was not a player in that series. And we should not have paid Ariza $15 million dollars. So convince me how you’re not being dramatic.

bilaal14 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

I trust Morey more than any of you. And I'm also able to understand that certain things are just out of your control. He's one of the best GMs in the league(possibly the best) and if he loses his job then this franchise will take a turn for the worse.

Do things look good right now, no. But do I trust DM, absolutely.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I am a little confused about this also. Why wouldn’t he just take the veteran minimum with us since he could make OKC buy out the max amount. He knows no matter how little he is willing to give up OKC will still have to do it. They can’t afford to pay that tax. What am I missing here?!?

20. hakeemthagreat

Give me any washed up scrub that can have a off year averaging 16pts

bilaal14 likes this.