1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Melo Thread] Woj: OKC and Melo to part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2018.

1. 9baller

9baller Member

If it doesn't work out, cut him.

2. basketballholic

This is EXACTLY why Melo wants to play with Paul. Melo knows he's a stretch 4 (and even a small ball 5, think of it) in our system. And Melo knows he'd get 6-8+ great looks from 3 every game playing with Paul/Harden. Not to mention the head fake and the three FT sitting fouls and the drives/finishes and free they'd he'd be getting of the picknpop action.

Gimme a break with all this r****ded pissing and moaning that Melo would be a chemistry and locker room problem here. Those takes are stupid, just stupid.

34to11, Deuce, dlite316 and 10 others like this.
  3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

The problem is if you are forced to cut him now other similar situations are largely precluded as stars outside of their prime won't want to take the risk. It's high profile so it almost boils down to he helps you a lot or he hurts you a lot. The "middle" scenarios all push out to the extremes due to how well known melo is.

4. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

You are an idiot.

You should have stopped with the 1st post.

34to11 likes this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have never been a Melo fan; I don't care where he goes, just don't want him here.

Space Ghost likes this.
  6. Possum

Possum Member

arent you the one that had the take that if Capela was our starting center we wouldn’t make the playoffs?

Richie_Rich, DonKnock, Zboy and 3 others like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This has been mentioned -- OKC didn't have a plan for Melo he was just shoehorned into a lineup he didn't fit and unlike in Houston where Harden and CP3 would make adjustments to get him involved Westbrook just kept playing his do it all style.
    _______

"I think the player that they wanted me to be and needed me to be was for the sake of this season," Anthony said. "Everything was just thrown together and it wasn't anything that was planned out. Wasn't no strategy to me being here, me being a part of the actual system and what type of player and things like that."
    _______

As toxic as Melo can be to the media he has always been known as a good teammate that worked hard on his game. I'm confident he will fit in and do well here -- MDA has thought long and hard how he would use him and Melo has said he doesn't want to have the ball go through him every play at this stage in his career.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

off topic: how does billy Donovan still have a job? Thunder under perform every year.

34to11, Richie_Rich, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Yeah ! Just as stupid as pretending to have insider information for a few minutes of shine on a fan forum !! Stupid, just stupid

Zboy, BMoney, arabrocket and 2 others like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is a good question because PG didn't have a great season with Westbrook -- the numbers weren't down too much, but watching them play always looked like borderline chaos. Your team isn't going to go far when you let one player dominate so much of the flow. All the extra passes for the trip dub, a shooting guard boxing out every play trying to grab that 10th reb, and all of the jacked up shots.

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Josh Smith has come up frequently in this thread and I think it is a useful comparison. Josh Smith on a max contract is a team killer. Josh Smith on a vet minimum contract is a useful player. Carmelo can be the same. If Morey, D'Antoni, Harden and Paul are on board to bring him in, I will trust their judgment.

34to11, D-rock, Richie_Rich and 11 others like this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That take was stupid, just stupid.

D-rock, Possum and YOLO like this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am happy you are not Rockets GM.

14. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Is it #HoodieSeason yet? I need some 2K18 Melo workout videos!

DonKnock likes this.
  15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I can't wait for Melo to be a Houston Rocket. He will have a great year with us and help us finally take down Golden State

KingCheetah and PhilCollins like this.
  16. valorita

valorita Member

Night and Day between OKC and HOU.
    Well, first round exit vs barely lost to greatest top heavy talent to be assembled.

Paul>Harden>>> Westbrook as a playmaker and ability to make others better.
    Chris is the best at setting up his teammates for success.

MikeD’s style and Morey’s philosophy will give Melo the freedom to play as well as help make himself a more effecient player.

34to11, DonKnock and KingCheetah like this.
  17. farr3l

farr3l Member

No no no!

Yes!!

Love me some J Smooth

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Possum and ryano2009 like this.
  19. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Carmelo Anthony is going to Los Angeles to be a Laker.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lebron better start some heavy recruiting.