1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa placed on disabled list

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheresTheDagger, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

Or they could just be taking an extra cautious approach since it's July.

2. GottaHaveHeart

You stop training feverishly once the girl comes around

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No doubt that is the case. But this is starting to sound like Yao and his sore foot.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The girl was there all of last year.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Maybe... if Carlos was pushing 400 lbs, playing year round.... and had actual feet problems.

Backs certainly are tricky... but he has the advantage of no structural integrity issues, youth, and a game that allows him to still have a role even if he can't be on the field playing defense.

6. HTM

HTM Member

I remember when D-mo was suppose to be out 10 days with back stiffness :eek::eek::eek:

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You can take the forum out of the GARM... but you...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

[​IMG]

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

With the All-Star break coming up, no reason to force him back into the fold. Let him rehab in the minors over the break

juicystream likes this.
  10. GottaHaveHeart

His off-season was shortened due to WS run, tv interviews due to proposal and full time fiancé wedding plans etc, and I’m assuming vacationing and business engagements which take time away from getting body right and prepared.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Not in reference to just this forum but in general Correa sure has some ridiculous expectations that he is supposed to meet literally every game he plays. As Nick has mentioned his career to age 23 has been incredible. He’s younger than Bregman.

I just remember having a conversation with a group of people last April who thought Correa was a disappointing draft pick. Based on a month of being cold. Never mind his previous year and a half of great baseball.

Baseball is a hard and humbling sport where the absolute best struggle at times. He played like an MVP last year at 22, we should all be confident that dude is going to be great.

Scarface281 and tellitlikeitis like this.
  12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Because he was an old man still playing way past his prime? Henderson made 8 all-star games in the 80s, his 10th and last came in 91. I seriously hope you are joking.

13. Buck Turgidson

Agreed.

14. Buck Turgidson

1 MVP and 2 other top-3 finishes, never received and MVP vote after '90 (oddly, the year he won).

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

As much as I have Julio Franco's playing days seared into my memory... granted, I started watching baseball in Bagwell's rookie year and thought that they caught a base "a bag" because of Bagwell.

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

He didn’t play like an mvp last year, or he’d have gotten a lot more votes. He played like an MVP at times and for stretches. At 22 AROD and Trout already we’re playing like MVP’s.
    That’s not a dig on a Correa, just an observation you are overstating your case. Last year he merely played like an All Star

Anyone saying Correa is a waste of a draft pick should be mocked and ridiculed. Absent poor health the only question with him is, does his career arc resemble inner circle HOF player, run of the mill HOF or merely stud that goes to a handful of all star games and helps your team win a bunch of games (think AROD for the 1st, Biggio for the second, Jeff Kent for the third) just to pick middle iF types.

17. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

If I had to pick one guy from the 70’s it’d be Joe Morgan or Johnny Bench and if I had to have one from the 80’s it would be Ricky Henderson.

18. Buck Turgidson

He did miss ~1/3 of the season, you know?

All players go through slumps, and I'm as hard on him as a fan as anybody, but on the whole he kicked a bunch of ass last year.

19. Buck Turgidson

I'd have to think about that, but he's sure as hell up there in the top 2 or 3.

eta: and/or Mike Schmidt, maybe Andre Dawson, Ripken? Boggs? Will have to research.

eta2: I think you're right and it's not close. Rickey's prime pretty much perfectly coincided with the decade of the 80's.

#59 Buck Turgidson, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Availability is a big part of ability. Did he get a single top 5 MVP vote last year? I acknowledged he did in stretches.
    He’s great. He’s going to be great. Stating he’s played like an MVP oversells what he did last year.
    MVP talents? Yes. That’s why I thought biggest contract in baseball history and all time great was (still is) on the table and not a ridiculously crazy or unlikely possibility. We haven’t seen that level yet with him. I think it’s in him and we will see it. We shall see.