1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A_3PO, Jul 2, 2018.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Plus he has a hot mom.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Don’t ever underestimate the heart of a douchebag.

3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I’m not putting too much stock into Trae’s poor performances, but I thought and still think he is going to be a complete bust anyways.

Especially considering they gave up Doncic for him.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Its only summer league and Grayson Allen is already fighting people lol

plutoblue11 likes this.
  5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm rooting for trae, but its not looking good at all so far.... another terrible shooting game... 3-16 fg 1-8 3pt 10 pts 7 ast 6 tos 6 pfs

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

For anyone who didn't see.

I hate Grayson Allen.

And Trae Young is garbage. Anyone who watched him in college should have known his game doesn't translate to the NBA. He's too slow, lacks spectacular NBA level handles, undersized, and his shot isn't anywhere near as good as Curry. He just jacks **** up. I think I just have irrational hate for him because he is a Sooner, but he seems like a decent guy.

roslolian and pippendagimp like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It might not be popular but I like the edge Allen plays with. I think the guy has a future in the league. Athletic guard that can shoot and has passion. If he can reign some of the more dirty tactics in he can carve out a decent career

titobrown and D-rock like this.
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Didn't take Grayson Allen long. **** Utah.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe we don't need to wait for Vegas. Trae Young was 3/24 from long range in 3 games in Utah. Can't get much stinkier than that.

Grayson Allen might be mental. The last thing he needs are confrontations in summer league.

roslolian likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

two things:
    1. Looked to me like Trae went for a Harden hook move, and Allen stopped it with sheer strength to not let Trae's arm come up to shoot. Wouldn't put it past Allen to have that hook-prevention (sweep-through prevention) maneuver fully planned out.
    2. Grayson tripped himself at the end. He can't help himself. Replay at 33 second mark show it.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love it... Bring back the 80's dirtiness.

12. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

After watching Trae Young many times this year, he cost Oklahoma game after game. Watched him choke away 2 games vs. Texas. He never got any of the blame. The kid makes terrible late game decisions

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree. And I've heard the "he's a dirty player" critique enough to know that it usually doesn't mean anything.

Undercutting a player when they are in the air or taking a swing at a player is what I call "dirty plays". Just being a nuisance by being physical and a little handsy isn't dirty.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you don't think deliberately tripping is dirty, then OK. His reputation is well earned. K finally "indefinitely suspended" him over it. Ended up being just one game because K was worried about the affect on the team due to his surgery.

Allen's rep isn't isn't based on playing with an edge. There are specific incidents.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Seems a lot of people wanted Trae Young to be Curry 2.0 but he's like a shorter Adam Morrison. :(

roslolian likes this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think you're on to something here. he just can't seem to stop himself. sad thing too is he's actually quite talented and with great bball instincts. but the nba fraternity is going to pass the word along to each other by november and this kid is going to get the **** slapped out of him by guys much bigger/stronger/harder than the college kiddies and summer league scrubs he's been provoking so far

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Trae Young could still turn into a good player, but trading for him in the top 5 was a mistake. Especially in draft that had so much A+ NBA ready talent -- they could've gotten anyone else. It wouldn't have been the reach with Young.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Like Draymond did? But actually, I kind of agree with you. Green didn't start his real hijinks until he'd "arrived," if memory serves.

Allen's going to be himself from the start.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Utah couldn't have found a more perfect player to draft than Allen.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya draymond's also 6'7'' 250 and has the league office running protection for him. in the first few minutes of last night's game grayson had already recklessly 'accidentally' run into trae young's knee and put him on the bench, collided head-first into a hawks player, and 'accidentally' tripped a hawks player while going for a loose ball. and it only got worse from there as the game progressed! this kid is going to be a problem for silver

B-Bob likes this.