1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A_3PO, Jul 2, 2018.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

In the 1st half of game 1 of the Utah summer league, Jaren Jackson has 13 points and is 4/6 from long range. His form is kind of strange.

Trae Young looks like a complete bust. He is 0/9 from the field, 0/6 from 3. One of the announcers mentioned he hasn't been the same since Big 12 teams got a second look at him in league play.

Feel free to move this thread to another forum if I messed up.

Koperboy and saleem like this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Atlanta changing ways. All shots are 3’s.

Young is jacking up shots from Curry range. Lol.

UTSA2step likes this.
  3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Lol. It’s goung to be a long season for tens of Hawks fans. That’s okay Trae Young. Tim Duncan got dominated by Keith Van Horn in his first summer league game.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I love Jevon Carter (because of his great college career at WVU). He went out of his way a couple of times to get in Trae Young's head and make him miserable.

Jaren Jackson is 7/11 from 3. He might have hit a couple more if he hadn't tried the stupid leg kick to draw a foul. Somebody needs to tell him this is summer league.

[EDIT: JJ finished with 29 points. I had him rated ahead of Ayton. It's only one game. Remember Donte Green].

#4 A_3PO, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    UTSA2step likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn. If Trae Young turns out to be a bust and Doncic turns out to be a superstar Mavs just got away with murder.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I view it as a suicide move by the stupid Hawks.

Sean Dr34ms, BigO and plutoblue11 like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

I remember when Dirk became a superstar and all the NBA teams started drafting Euro big men who can shoot like A drea Bargnani. Now they are infected with Curry mania and getting all the unathletic pg shooters lol

da_juice and plutoblue11 like this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

To be fair, let me also add Trae Young continued to demonstrate decent floor vision and passing ability. But that won't keep him on the floor when the real games start. I know nothing about Lloyd Pierce, but his offense should have a lot of ball movement and cutting if Trae Young is to maximize his ability.

He also has to improve his ability to finish at the rim. The taller trees in the lane were a problem tonight.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Through 1.5 games now Trae Young has looked like hot trash, good lord he's bad. The Jackson kid for MEM was killin it last night though. Bagley was decent in his debut. There's a PG named Dorsey for ATL who's looked sharp.

roslolian likes this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dorsey played at Oregon. He's barely NBA material but looks better than Trae Young.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

would rather have him than MCW :D

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Man, Trae Young is hot garbage. I watched a little bit of the game yesterday, and only looked at the box score today, but yeeeesh. 1/5 from 3, and 5/16 overall? First game might be understandable, because of nerves and jitters; he also went like 1/11 from 3, so I'm guessing Pierce told him to dial it back with the chucking.

I wanted to see Lonnie Walker play, for the Spurs. He was just as awful as Trae in his first game, as well, so I wanted to see improvements.

roslolian likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve been watching Trae Young in summer league, and he’s struggling to create seperation and getting his shot blocked a ton when he goes inside the paint...also, his shot selection sucks...he’s taking Curry shots, but doesn’t have Curry’s shot

he looks ok in PnR situations and has good vision...ATL will look really stupid if Doncic blows up, u can’t afford to mess up a #3 overall pick

BigMaloe and roslolian like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Doncic was the sure thing. No idea what ATL was thinking. Not that one can read anything into one summer league game. But I was scratching my head on draft night.

da_juice and roslolian like this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

I'm not gonna go knee jerk but he's and undersized pg that shoot well with high volume. I know they have Prince but Doncic is better than Prince, I would've taken him but since they went pg, Sexton is a better pg and was available. We'll see how this season goes but I think Atlanta will regret that trade

da_juice and plutoblue11 like this.
  16. BigO

BigO Member

You need to be mentally ill to take Trae over Doncic, dude was best Euro player at age 19, Dirk, Giannis. Porzingis were just projects coming from Euro, i'm not saying he will be their level, but talent is thru the roof, funny enough dude can shoot from long range better then Trae probably ever will.

Check it out bois:

roslolian, D-rock and plutoblue11 like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Chuckle
    You kind of just did put him on their level *grin*
    Trae was looking all world at Okla

I am waiting til November
    never put too too much stock in Summer league

Rocket River

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When guys do well, you cannot put too much stock in summer league.

However, I can only remember one guard that completely flamed in summer league and ended up being pretty good: Ty Lawson.

Let's see if he figures things out by the time Vegas is over.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Understood.

I have not watch alot of it .. . because usually looks bad all around
    I dunno . . look like pickup games not even college level

Rocket River

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

grayson allen is without a doubt going to be a targeted rookie on the receiving end of vicious picks and a high chance of getting his ass beat at least once. nba vets definitely not gonna tolerate his attitude or antics past october

Vivi likes this.