1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Free agency might be slow for Rockets (updates on where we stand)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 3, 2018.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If anything, I think the market for Mbah a Moute has gotten smaller since July 1, not larger.

I think we may not know specifically who is out there for trade, but I think there are fallback options they are comfortable with. I would be extremely surprised and disappointed if they're willing to gamble on some combination of Nunnally/Ennis/Graham/Luc to replace Ariza. Not impossible, but I don't believe that to be the case. We'll see.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When we talk trades, it's not like PJ Tucker can't play small forward, should our best trade be for a PF.

inb4 someone forgets we like to switch anything on defense.

3. Know Your Role

Playoff Ariza was a hoax. We will find a cheaper, younger replacement that can do better.

We'll be good, let it play out. It's not Showtime out in LA or Kobe-Shaq. First loss to Warriors and Lebron is going to know the Lakers can't beat them in the playoffs. It'll be a demoralizing moment in his career.

Hakeem > Lebron.

4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Its a really good point. Mozgov was a worse contract and hes moved twice. Hes completely useless and has no skill. Atleast anderson can space the floor

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why Rockets did not go after Jeff Green? I dont get it.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

personally would of rather had him over mcw. he has more value as a contributor to this team

PeterKingX and Why not? like this.
  7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Capela
    Tucker
    Gordan
    Harden
    Paul ..........when it's crunch time this will be our line up . It doesn't make sense to invest big money in a wing position if he is not better than Gordan.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

We're done. We looked vastly different without Mbah and also lost Ariza. The window was open for a year and it closed...sigh.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Who exactly is "everyone else"? Did we lose someone other than Ariza or are you referring to free agents from other teams?

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I like Ariza as much as the next guy but his defensive reputation outlasted his actual defensive production. Ariza is still a very smart defender and has strong fundamentals but he was definitely slowing down. Not mad at the guy but it happens when you age. I loved the idea of keeping him as a bench guy but he is ending his shelf life as a high quality starter.

RocketOrg, 34to11 and Why not? like this.
  11. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Lots of good posts on page 3. Ryno will eat minutes at PF during the regular season at a loss of efficiency but a necessity for the time being. Crunch time is PJ and EGo until we find something better, but a high mileage Ariza isn't a giant loss at all, as much as I appreciate his time here.

34to11 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

We'll have to see who they decide to replace him. Ariza left a huge void. The intangibles he brought are definitely going to be missed. I'm cringing at the possibility of some mediocre player trying to replicate him.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We are Pacers fans in the Jordan era.

Mathloom and Why not? like this.
  14. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Losing trevor sucks but as long as we keep capela then i still think we are okay. Its not like cousins will have an immediate impact to the warriors season. He is coming off an injury and also a major locker room diva. and warriors already reached their ceiling as far as i am concern. Rockets chemistry, capela's ceiling and even hardens game have room for improvement. Barring major injury we can still improve chemistry wise even if we dont add any major piece this off season.

15. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Cousins shot 36% at high volume the past 2 seasons and that's with him chucking. P&R, boards, passing etc. He is a major problem even for 25 min a game at 80% strength. With that said we're still #2 in the league with Capela even if the Lakers land Kawhi given all the bonehead moves they've made.

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I don't blame Morey, the rest of the league is thinking the same thing... that this season is a wash because Cousins decided to be a snake like KD and signed for the min.

We need to prepare for the next off-season and pray the Warrior players stop being b****es and taking huge paycuts to screw the rest of the league over. Hopefully CP3 can give us another good year before he starts his visible decline.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Ariza washed.

It’s july 4th and just the beginning. So much left to do.

Please stop all the whining and crying.

Smacktle, 34to11 and solodolo11 like this.
  18. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

The off-season is nice for signing big names. The Rockets didn't have money to do that, only way we could land a big time player was through trade. Its been 4 days and we are giving up on the Rockets FO. Yes, the Warriors signed Cousins and yes they are the heavy favorites to win it again (smh) but blasting the Rockets FO is a bit much.

The real timeline is from now until February 2019 aka the trade deadline. Until then lets all relax, because (as it has been said many times before) the regular season is nice but it doesn't really matter much. All it matters for is to get players healthy and to have a good seeding/HCA for playoffs. Im not sure how the Rockets will beat the warriors or even if they will, but anything can happen. Last season we got injured and lost, next year the warriors could experience serious injury (not wishing that on a human being).

So breathe, relax, and take it easy. We still have a long way to go and lot of things to unravel.

19. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Disagree. He was integral on how we slowed down golden state. He could defend and switch with curry klay durant green

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

LMAO.

If we lose Luc, god it's going to be horrendous going back to watching a subpar defensive team.

YOLO and bmelo like this.