1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

[​IMG]
    Kenneth Levy

Yesterday, thanks to Gatorade and the YMCA, we had the supreme privilege of interviewing Deshaun Watsonwhen he visited the Houston Texans YMCA to educate kids about the importance of being hydrated. Although the fields were too wet from the rain to run drills outside, Watson and the YMCA staff created a great atmosphere for the boys and girls indoors. After DW4 spoke to the young athletes in attendance and participated in their drills, he made some time to answer a few of our questions.

BRB: Your motto is to “Get 1% better every day.” Where did you come up with that and how did that change your mindset and mentality?

DW: I’ve always had that mindset. It kind of keeps me grounded, keeps me motivated, and just kinda keeps me focused on what I want to achieve and what my dreams are.

BRB: Awesome. Now that you’re in your second year, you’re preparing to be a starter. What is the difference between preparing to be a starter and last year as a rookie preparing to be a backup?

DW: No big difference. Last year, you know, coming in, I was preparing like I was going to be the starter. So there is no difference. That’s why it is kinda a smooth transition, smooth path into year two.

BRB: Your touchdown rate last year was 9.3%, which is the highest since Peyton Manning (in 2004) did it. What does that mean to you and how do you think you can improve on that?

DW: I mean, it’s a cool thing, but I feel like I can be better. Lot of mistakes I had last year. Lot of missed opportunities I had last year. So, kinda just focused on, you know, the details, and executing each and every play, each and every time.

BRB: Your chemistry with DeAndre Hopkinsis really important with the Texans this next year. How do you think you can get bettercommunicating with him on the field and reading what the defense is doing, making sure you make the best decision?

DW: Watching film together. Just building that chemistry, getting on the same page and being able to really just communicate. That’s it. Same page and communicate. Go out there and give our 110% each and every play, and we will be fine.

BRB: My last question is now that minicamp is over, what do you plan on doing with the next couple weeks before training camp starts?

DW: Grinding. Continue to grind. Continue to get set. Get some time away. Spend some time with my family and get myself ready for a long season.

Thanks so much to Deshaun Watson and Gatorade’s “Beat the Heat” campaign for putting on such a great educational opportunity for young athletes in Houston

https://www.battleredblog.com/2018/6/15/17466840/deshaun-watson-interview-the-texans-qb-talks-to-brb

Houstunna and coachbadlee like this.
  2. theimpossibles1

Roc Paint likes this.
  3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Does he look more filled out to you?

Houstunna likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yes. Like Harden, he is fat.

5. conquistador#11

Deshaun Fattson!

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

He doesn't look fat; looks strong. Hope he is.

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Who is @Snacks and who is @robert_corapi and why is Deshaun Watson engaging them on twitter. Who cares if this no name thinks he shouldn't be in the top ten?

Kendrick Lamar and macho GRANDE like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Snacks is Damon Harrison of the Giants; they are arguing about the top 100 NFL list

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Damn he salty af of DW4. “Snacks” just sit back homie and witness greatness. Jealous mofo.

11. Fantasma Negro

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Looking forward to seeing him play

Not Dwayne Haskins though

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/index.php?q=stat-analysis/2018/quarterbacks-and-pressure-2017

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sky's the Limit if DeShine is healthy.

Rodman23 likes this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I hope he becomes the most celebrated Houston athlete in history

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Athlete in history

c1utchfan925 and Roc Paint like this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He could be the most celebrated athlete in History and hed still be behind Hakeem in Houston. Show some gawdamn respek you jabronies.

Rockets34Legend and csj like this.
  18. Texanstradamus

Ehh he bring a super bowl he eclipse Hakeem cause it’s football in Texas but he also got to be durable too

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Sooo we don’t want him to be better than Hakeem?