1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i think they love to get Gordon for Parker but personally if i'm the Rockets i wouldn't do it, too risky, Parker already had a lot of big injuries so, if i could get him without losing good assets i would bet on him, otherwise i'd pass i think.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, as today they have no interest in moving him so a deal can't happen regardless, you have to wait for the deadline or next summer eventually, if at one of those two points of the season he will say he's gone, and maybe interested in coming home well, we should have a good chance with Gordon and fillers.

Because they have already Bjelica which is cheaper and better than Anderson.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We’re not making any big trades that’s going to bring back a key player. I think if you look at our roster and assets it’s pretty clear why we won’t.

We’re going to try our best to bring back the same team and hope a veteran or two come here on the cheap. Maybe we try to unload Ryno too but it’s difficult to see it adding anything to our roster.

50/fifty likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Thanks cod, this is practically what I figured.

I like him for his role and what he brings. I really think he helped rebound Harden after the Dwight circus year. That’s valuable. Idk, but what I assume, is he’s a very demanding voice in the locker room.

If there is an issue he can mediate or he can get any player’s attention and make them listen and understand, including harden.

I’m just looking at the tea leaves, and realize his 3+mill for his 3rd center role is costly and will be a painful luxury tax bill for what he provides.

Thanks as always cod and I hope you are doing well..!

DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

All love here, too. Truly. Some of your messages from the past helped me on days where I didn't have the strength to blink. Thank you @ROXTXIA

@JR...you don't get out that easy either. Love you as well.

Really, there are a ton of posters I need to thank for the well wishes. Thanks for the reminder.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m all for this, but would be surprised if the Rockets could land him.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He's part of a backup, to the backup, backup plan. So, yes. Morey never lost interest in him once we almost snagged him. One turd in NY messed it all up....even LALA was on board.

Melo would still do well here and has strong ties to CP. He's fam to Ne, too.

Relationships are more important than ever in the NBA now. Luc is a great asset, but don't kid yourself into believing that CP didn't push to get him into a Rockets uni. :)

8. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Cod are we targeting just free agents or trades too?anderson on the way out?

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To where would Nene be sent, bud?

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

If I was GM @Codman I would keep Nene as well.

Possibly bring in a Center slash PF to back up Capela.....keep Nene fresh as 3rd Center who gets playing time a
    few times a week.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Cod mentioning Brogdon in the other thread, would love to have him, i just don't see how we can get him.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No, not for Parker.

NEXT year RA's contract (might) (will) be an asset...

Vivi likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Knicks are a wild card in any scenario as almost all their roster was put (thrown) together by all-timer PJax. All timer coach; all timer exec. Polar different defs, eh?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Don't agree, sorry. Parker for EGo? That's a no-go IMHO. RA + 1st? Pipe dream IMHO. I do not see any match with them Buckeroozies.

Plowman likes this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Thanks for the info! This board is 1000000X better when you post!

Raisin and DonKnock like this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets can’t afford to have a $20 million player that is unplayable against the Warriors next season. CP3 isn’t getting any younger, so you need to maximize your roster every year. Getting a young player like Jabari Parker for Anderson would be Morey working his magic again.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Haha alright cool, my bad should have known better.

But there's no realistic way we can get Aaron Gordon can we, we don't have enough to pay him.

Vivi likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

L'chaim and thanks for your posts.

Melo - - let's say he gets bought out (I will bet bucks into the tip jar that he's not OKCing 11/1), does he go with LBJ or CP3? I'd assume the former (as I also assume LeBron will be closer to a beach than TheToyShop to Galveston). Thanks.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I didn't say "I" opposed it, I suggested Milwaukee would say "Buck you" to the 'offer'.

Plowman likes this.
  20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They are a wildcard, yes. But it’s hard to see an Anderson/Porzingis frontcourt working. Then, once you consider the Knicks contracts are both smaller and easier to move on their own than Anderson’s, it’s just a difficult match.