1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Ah really damn, oh I got it, Anderson for Batum AND Kemba Walker

Sounds amazing, best trade right guys

He has not been relevant since Portland.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I have a hard time imagining a guy as competitive as Llull would NEVER come over.

Completely agree that we need a 4th guard...more than we probably realize. For as much as we play small ball, a 4th guard could easily get 25 minutes a game, especially if Ariza walks. Also, if Ariza is gone, I wonder if we move Gordon up into the starting unit, (i.e. a 3 guard lineup). That plus an extension for him could increase his market value, which will be important if we're going after Butler.

Then you do the Anderson + 1st for Bazemore swap

CP3 / Llull
    Gordon / Bazemore
    Harden /
    Tucker / Moute
    Capela / Wright

That would hurt your defense, but that's what you have Tucker and Capela for. Also, the defense would be fixed if we could pull off a deal for Butler.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. rocketseagles07

From a realist standpoint what are we going to offer for butler? And why would the wolves move him before doing everything they possibly can to move Wiggins

justtxyank likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We have nothing to offer them.

Our pathway to improvement is extremely narrow

6. UrbanEnterprise

How much of Andersons decline has to do with his back?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  7. TheSource

TheSource Member

Why wouldn’t the Timberwolves take Anderson and a couple first rounders + fillers they need 3pt shooting

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imo, there is a very clear path to minutes *in the regular season*, unless Llull's scared he can't hang with Harden and Paul's body language like Lin...just like I'm sure Anderson won't go minute-less in the regular season, either.

It just means MDA will play a bigger rotation in the season and rest Paul more and not got balls-out for #1 seed, necessarily.

Imo, The question is more: Would there be a clear path for Llull to minutes vs GSW in the playoffs. If Shaun Livingston can hang with 15mpg in the playoffs, Llull can get that, unless he doesn't care about playing for a contender, and would rather play a starter role with Lin and Dwight for the Nets.

bottomline: if it isn't his dream (like Livingston) to play a role in a fierce battle for a title, then I don't want him.​

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who would be getting back in return?

10. rocketseagles07

Be realistic... the price last year for ANYBODY to take Anderson was 2 first rounders. Would you trade butler for Anderson?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ne's value in the locker room is unmatched. Fans here often criticize him because they expect him to play like a younger version. He's suffered injuries (some that aren't very public...consider why the back to backs are an issue for instance), and he's currently dealing with family stuff.

Morey gave him a nice contract based on his ability to step in and play, but also, view his role similarly to a Udonis Haslem. NeNe has played all over the world and understands the game from multiple positions. When I first became friends with him, he showed me videos of him playing guard!

His greatest value is mental toughness....or...arguably...he is one, if not the strongest players in the game. Only Steven Adams has stronger arms/hands.

Anyway, Ne knows the business. He WANTS to be here. He EXPECTS to be here. But, from a convo within the last 2 weeks, he UNDERSTANDS that the Rockets are going to make moves which may make his role expendable. Again, Ne is a very logical, balanced thinker.

For me, if he were traded/released, I'd be disappointed obviously. We still do Thanksgiving every couple of years, you know?

If I'm GM though, I keep him. He's great insurance. He can still play D, hit the jumper, rebound and be an enforcer.

Right now, Tuck is our only "mean mug."

Deuce, Little Bit, dlite316 and 17 others like this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Cod..... Do you think Melo could end up here this offseason?

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Very simple. With all Trash remaining equal (wrt court time), some trash has more off-court baggage than other trash. Ryan is a great teammate off the court and in practice. All teams know that. Some team with a trash contract might also want to get that player out of their lockerroom (like what happened with Asik here), but he'd be fine here.

You're being to Rockets-focused to think no way any player/contract is as bad as Ryan, such that we must attach assets.

Hell, even Brewer didn't require attaching assets for nothing in return. We traded a FRP for Lou Williams having a 6MOY season, and they took Corey with it, because trade won't match otherwise. Player for player was extremely unbalanced in our favor in that trade. So, trade really was Lou for the FRP.

#5893 heypartner, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Deuce and clutchdabear like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Bryant-LerBon dream is dead.

;)

#5895 J.R., Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Tfor3 likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So glad you are posting, not just for the info, but, gosh darn it, I like you.

Deuce, Codman, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I believe I just saw a report that Tyler Ulis was waived.

GET.IT.DONE

jch1911 and Tfor3 like this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The play for Butler would be if you could get Deandre Jordan on the cheap.

You could try and sign and trade Capella to a team for a good asset and route it to Minny for Butler.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Of course i meant Aaron Gordon, he's in the same position as Parker, and for the record i wouldn't trade Eric unless we get back a better player so, not for Parker ;)

HP3 likes this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bring him home Morey

#I'mcominghome:eek: