1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring back the Oiler name

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

No. I was crushed when the Oilers defected to Tennessee. I tried to like the Cowgirls, but just couldn't do it. When McNair brought a franchise back I was ecstatic and I love the name Texans.

Some great Oilers and Gambler memories, but those times have past and we have a new team and if we can stay healthy, we can be special. We can't change history, but we can damn sure say "Luv Ya Blue" because we still have blue uniforms.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Well the Oilers were always interesting and unforgettable.... that’s more than I can say for the Texans so far.

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

The name “Texans” has always been wack to me. It would be addition by subtraction if they ever changed the name.

“Houston Ponies?”

“Well, it ain’t Texans, so it’s a start.”

Crashlanded19 and plutoblue11 like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

And this is different how, so far?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've always hated it and have said so before. It's like McNair was afraid that people everywhere wouldn't know where Houston was, so he named the team after the state. He should have gone all in and named them the Houston Houstonians. That would have made about as much sense. o_O

As for going back to the Oilers name if it was available (and it might not be), I don't see it happening. Ever.

plutoblue11 and Marteen like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The 'Texans' is the original name of the Dallas Cowboys we need to bring the Oilers name and LYB back to Houston.

plutoblue11 and CometsWin like this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

The Dallas Texans became the KC Chiefs haha, can you imagine if they kept the name?

plutoblue11 likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

HOW DENSE ARE YOU? The NFL and the Titans have agreed to retire the Oilers’ name. Bud Adams set in place terms that Houston cannot have the Oilers’ history or name. It will NEVER happen. MOVE THE **** ON.....

plutoblue11 likes this.
  9. plee

plee Member

I think the stance has soften since Bud is no longer around and his daughter helped with the "reunion" back in March. Don't think the name will come back but some of the history belongs here not in Nashville.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

I am truly loathing the Millennial kids that have zero understanding of the Luv ya Blue or even the Run & Shoot days.

Watch the damn video I posted. It states exactly why this should happen.

Has there ever been a town that behaves in this manner? Supersonics? No. Browns? No.

I don't think we'll get the Oilers name back, and that's ok. But the Uni's and the history? We absolutely as a City deserve those back. And we should be able to honor the players like Matthews, Moon, Campbell, etc. for what they did here. Nashville and TN don't care.

Hell, even the players want to honor those before them.

[​IMG]

plutoblue11 and Jake Tower like this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The name and the colors belong here. Period.

12. Buck Turgidson

Be quiet now, Jim.

I am truly loathing the Millennial kids that have zero understanding of the Luv ya Blue or even the Run & Shoot days.

Watch the damn video I posted. It states exactly why this should happen.

Has there ever been a town that behaves in this manner? Supersonics? No. Browns? No.

I don't think we'll get the Oilers name back, and that's ok. But the Uni's and the history? We absolutely as a City deserve those back. And we should be able to honor the players like Matthews, Moon, Campbell, etc. for what they did here. Nashville and TN don't care.

[​IMG]

#32 Buck Turgidson, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    msn likes this.
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Quiet, Fatso.

14. Buck Turgidson

Really now Jimbo?

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Dude... You continually troll me ever since we met at a CF function years ago. I truly hope this isn't your life's goal.

16. Buck Turgidson

I know, because you're fun to **** with. Dude.

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

Quit trolling me. I make good points, as do you.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um.....you are just clueless. Not going to happen. Im no kid. I vaguely remember watching the 2 AFC Championship games against the Steelers at 5 and 6 years old. The Oilers are gone. Go piss on Bud's grave if u like. That history is never coming back. Texans' don't want it. MOVE ON....

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  19. msn

msn Member

Nice prejudgement. I was here. And, no. No to the Oilers. Let them rot in Tennessee.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not a millennial. Not even close. I remember the good days. I see that video and it brings back memories. But I can't remember that without remember the divorce. Bud was a harsh reminder that aside from the Packers, teams aren't owned by the city they play in. The true "owners" can take their ball and go play somewhere else. We enjoyed them playing here but they were never ours, they were Bud's. She is with someone else now. How lame do I look going through her Instagram photos getting all nostalgic? We should make better memories with the one we are with. And make her regret ever leaving us. Before the one we are with decides to leave us too.

plutoblue11 likes this.