1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best guess on what Daryl Morey does next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Now that Lebron is off the table, we can get down to focusing on how to retain our crucial players while adding another piece or two to the puzzle. So how does that happen?

What's your best guess on Morey's next move?

lw17 and Why not? like this.
  2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Daryl Morey is Mr. February. Rockets resign their guys, Darryl poaches another guy that's undervalued and underpaid this summer, then waits for a disgruntled star this February and trades for him using EG and Ryno and picks. The rockets stay afloat or even near the top of the west until the cavalry arrives. That's my guess. But what do I know?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Buy 5 half gallons of ice cream and a keg of beer, and lock himself inside his man cave with a stack of DVDs?

Why not?, malakas, Bids9 and 3 others like this.
  5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I would be ecstatic if we got Butler while losing Ariza.

lw17, juanm34 and Ryris like this.
  6. mario_v

mario_v Member

Caris Levert. Very underrated player.

Drift Monkey, BigShasta and bulkatron like this.
  7. aroundtheblock2

Get rid of Ryan Anderson. The end.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i love Jimmy, but why would Minny trade him, and what do we possibly have that Minny could want? Hard to see this happening.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

do whatever it takes to get rid of Anderson's contract. He still has 2 years left of screwing over our FA seasons.

lw17, Zboy and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  10. No Chill Rocket

Shooters they need shooters . EG. Ryno.. etc

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

the immediate core will be back and the team will look to add rotational guys who are more two way players to fit their gameplan against GS. easier said than done but theres a few players out there

RyanB likes this.
  12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey will focus on bolstering the depth and adding quality players that are actually playable against the Warriors. Ideally, he'll get rid of the ones who aren't (looking at Ryno and Nene).

Chanmarr likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess he will look if it's possible to swap Anderson for a better player with a similar contract.

Bazemore might fit this scenario pretty well, we wanted him two years ago, good fit here, younger than Ryan, could eventually replace Ariza and/or Luc in the rotation and still give us a 20M contract to move.

If we would be able to swap Ryan with him with just minor assets like a couple of 2nd rounders and/or maybe a young player it would be a good move.

Other than this, i don't really know, with the MLE we would've to sign the 2nd round picks we just drafted, that would leave us with something around 3 or 3.5M to work, not sure it's enough to give us a good bench player, probably not.

The pipe dream here is Butler at this point, i guess...but i don't think the Wolves will move him until maybe the deadline if they underachive.

JuNx, lw17, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Exactly. Also, every day that passes makes that Ryno deal a bit more palatable. Teams might be more willing to pay $30 M and have him for 1.5 seasons over the 3 seasons we were trying to shove down people's throats last summer. Hence why I think he won't be that hard to deal come February.

AroundTheWorld and True Rocket like this.
  15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Name all the shooters availabe. Sign the best three.

16. slpntz

slpntz Member

This!

Rox11 and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Keeps Cp3 and CC. And pray to God he upgrades the SF spot and can find an idiot I mean team to take Ryno.

zcarenow, rammo and True Rocket like this.
  18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Not to pick on you, but I see this all the time and don't understand this logic.

I'm not saying Ryno is an all-star or even playing at the level he should, but the issue is the idea that he is the source of all our woe is comical. The guy isn't a locker room cancer, and he isn't the worst forward in the league. Is he subpar to what we're paying him? Sure.

It isn't enough to just get rid of him. You have to flip him for assets worth more than he is. The issue is, who would be willing to deal and send us a player better than Ryno, for Ryno and picks? Again, the guy isn't a cancer in the locker room or starting any **** with people. What the rockets need more than just getting rid of ryno, is just Ryno to get back to form. Or, as I've outlined previously, another team to want to reboot and cut ties with a star. Ryno isn't the most immediate of problems, the problem is, this is an arms race and we are running out of guns out their available to pick up.

Ras137, RiceRockets, Easy and 8 others like this.
  19. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I believe Anderson will be traded at the deadline for someone like Kevin Love who will no longer want to be in Cleveland...

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

why would they trade one guy for another guy who poses the same issues. the idea is to get better