1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron "The King" is now texting Kevin Durant asking him to "team up" in LA. Please explain

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeemthagreat, Jun 29, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

Fast forward 3:25...

So Lebron gets swept by KD and the Warriors. KD wins finals MVP. Instead of focusing on beating him, Lebron's texting KD to leave Golden State so he can now play with him lol. Is this your "King"? The "Chosen One"? The "Prodigal Son"? Wow. THIS is where the criticism comes from. No hate. If you're the so called "GOAT", how could you ever want to play with the man that just DESTROYED YOU in the finals? Lol. What happened to the NBA? This is the BETA male era of wussies. What justification do Lebron fans have now? Is Lebron is a real leader or just a follower looking to "team up" with others for legacy purposes? You tell me what's going on here. Why exactly is the "King" texting Kevin Durant for? I'm confused...

Caesar likes this.
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

https://www.thelandondemand.com/sho...brian-windhorst/70425-18-0628-brian-windhorst

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

its become extremely evident these days that anyone can just make up a rumor and theres people that will eat it all up depending on whether you want it to be true or not

4. Coco Afable

Coco Afable Member

where is the proof?

5. hakeemthagreat

So SAS & Brian Windhorst just make up stuff now? And NBA players don't deny things even when it's true? I don't like SAS most of the time, but he rarely makes accusations that don't end up somewhat true

gatsby likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

they're more than vulnerable to get bad information so yeah if they're presenting it as facts and its untrue, then yup they're making stuff up. And no, both of those guys have been wrong more than enough times. it's no wonder their shows gets the ratings they do bc people like you love to eat it up, when it creates the exact reaction you put your time into making this thread.

7. hakeemthagreat

SAS is a respected journalist. Whatever criticism I have, his sources are the best in the sports. He's been right WAY more times than wrong. I seriously doubt he'd make up a story for the sake of making it up. Lebron's only worried about protecting his image. I'd believe SAS before any athlete with diva tendencies

gatsby likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

who told you his sources are the best in sports. someone told you wrong then.

its basically confirming what i initially said. youll eat it up bc you want it to be true. not surprised.

Speaking of the Lakers, wasn’t that where DeRozan was supposed to go, according to Stephen A. Smith and his sources

“He’s made it very, very clear that he wants to be in L.A.,” Smith said on ESPN’s First Take back in May. “He has family out there. He’s from out there. He wants to be in L.A. He wants to wear the purple and gold, and if there’s a way for it to happen, again he’s restricted, if there’s a way for it to happen, DeMar DeRozan will be in a Los Angeles Lakers uniform next season.”

Free agent DeMar DeRozan has agreed to a five-year, $139 million-plus deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources told The Vertical.

#8 YOLO, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    ilovehtownbb and roslolian like this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

What's wrong with this? He stated DeRozan wanted to be in LA, and if it's a way for it to happen it'll work itself out. This type of stuff gets put out there ALL the time from other reporters. Not sure why it's only a issue when SAS does it

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats wrong with this? Bc it was never true, maybe thats why. but yet again you're just interpreting it the way you want to

ilovehtownbb and roslolian like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why in the hell would you post this dipshit rant based off the weakest of rumors?

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And then when everyone gets hushed tf up they end up retreating back to their corner like the b***es they are.

I am not mad at Lebron for what he will do next. This KD crap is obvious clickbait material that circles around more than most of the real news and never gets called out or corrected once everything is all said and done.

ESPN is a big influence on this sh** too.

ilovehtownbb and YOLO like this.
  14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hey it's banana boat version 2.0:
    LeBron James
    Paul George
    Kawhi Leonard
    Kevin Durant

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ESPN

Stephen A Smith

Ratings

Rumors

Clicks

Views

Social media shares

Clutchfans react

roslolian likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Ha! Now just add Melo and we have Super SF V Arcade Editon

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wait...you'd believe a journalist over the actual source?

So if LeBron said "I did not talk to KD about anything," you'd still take SAS's word over LeBron's word? lol

I remember SAS reporting something about Durant, and then Durant came right out and said what SAS said wasn't true, and SAS had a hissy fit on his show.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/kevin-durant-stephen-a-smith-lakers-lies

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/st...rant-you-dont-want-to-make-an-enemy-out-of-me

roslolian and YOLO like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Honestly, I think @hakeemthagreat might have gotten looked over when he was trying to get LeBron's autograph. Or LeBron pissed in his coffee, or something.

Lots of random salt for LeBron, as evidenced in the rant in the OP.

RedRedemption and YOLO like this.
  20. hakeemthagreat

Lol. You Lebron fans get a snippy when he gets a little bad press