1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vegas Summer League 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 22, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, but the game has changed a lot. Switching and near position less basketball makes guys like RJ Hunter redundant. I don't see much versatility in him. I would like to see him prove me wrong.

GotGame15 likes this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

funny because i know Hunter was supposed to be a dead-eye 3pt shooter coming out of college, but every time i've seen him play, he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Weird because his D-league stats look pretty good.

hvic and D-rock like this.
  3. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I was a fan of Hunter but he looks weirdly built and awkward. And he doesn’t move well to me... also looks like he might be overweight........ he may not be but something is off with him......

saleem likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Personally, in the Summer league I hope we give the most minutes to the new guys and not waste minutes with fringe guys or guys not in the plans. Nanu has no future with this team. Markel Brown? Really?
    Hartenstein.... Not really sure about that guy. I would give him some looks but I would rather develop Zhou more.

Assuming Clark plays, I would roll this lineup out to start

Duval
    Melton
    Edwards
    Clark
    Zhou Qi

I would give those guys the most minutes.

Vivi, clutchdabear, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  5. saleem

I hope you will post reports from there.

coachbadlee likes this.
  6. saleem

It will be nice to see Trevon and Deng playing with the rest of the team. Zhou and Hartenstein are similar in skill set. Hartenstein is somewhat quicker than him on the floor. He plays harder than Zhou too. Zhou does have elite shot blocking ability imo, but stamina, strength and quickness continues to elude him, even at the G-League level. Frankly speaking, I expected far more effort from him with the RGV. Hartenstein worked harder than him there.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's interesting. I did not see their G league games. The question with those guys are, can they eventually be at least good enough to play the Tarik Black role? I am not even asking for a Nene role as the primary backup C, just as a spot 3rd C.

8. saleem

Hartenstein is better than Black right now. He can score a bit, rebound and he tries to defend. He won't fumble with the ball unlike Black. Playing with the Rockets should be beneficial for his growth. Zhou needs more time and effort.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The one time I went to Vegas for summer league, it was pretty awesome. It was during ufc 189. The strip was lit.

If you’re a fan of the nba, which I’m assuming is 100 percent of the people here, Check it out. And it looks like our local guys have an entertaining team this year. Laker fans are annoying. I’m assuming warrior fans will be too.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have watched a few of his G League games and I was more impressed with his BBIQ, always passing up the good shot for a better one, effort on D, communicating constantly with team mates. His 3 ball is hit or miss but brings a lot of intangibles to Vipers. Not sure it will translate but RJ was kept for a reason.

Little Bit and pippendagimp like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This shirt is dope

[​IMG]

Aruba77 likes this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Is that you tin?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

this is me
    [​IMG]

14. Aruba77

Good thing summer league is in the state of Nevada then.

coachbadlee and tinman like this.
  15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

enjoy the games guys, sitting this one out this year

fwiw, if you brought a bag/backpack, they let me bring in my own drinks (water bottle/Gatorade) and food from the outside (sandwiches from the grocery near by), and of course there is a dispensary that's walking distance from UNLV (hint hint)

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

ACC DPOY Isaiah Wilkins and Danuel House also playing for Rockets in Summer League.

jch1911 likes this.
  17. Aruba77

I agree with you.

We have till Friday to use our remaining $3.5 mil to pay a team to take onuaku's $1.5 mil off our cap.

saleem likes this.
  18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Yeah and Mark Titus played with Greg Oden & Mike Conley. What’s your point??

19. tinman

Supporting Member

his point is he thinks scrubs will make a difference.

nobody from summer league last year played any significant minutes this year.

Zhou Qi played garbage time. That's it.

some people like the idea of scrubs turning into James Harden...

no.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'm excited to see the non drafted guys .. some really good players, Duval in particular.

D-rock likes this.