1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets hopes for lebron haven’t changed (Plus team info)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 26, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Latest article from Feigen. He normally reports exactly what the team wants out there so it's pretty interesting.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ryl-Morey-named-executive-of-the-13028658.php

Summary:
    -Rockets hopes haven't changed regarding Lebron
    -Morey likely still trying to line up trades if it works out
    -Ariza and Capela expected to get significant free agent interest
    -Team will likely need to use the taxpayer MLE to re-sign own free agents (plus draft picks likely)
    -CP3 has indicated he is re-signing, 4 year deal a possibility

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL I'm just sharing the news!

4. aroundtheblock2

None of this is shocking. People need to realize that the real professionals involved in this don't change their minds as much as the 24/7 news cycle changes stories and rumors.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

These are a lot better than the threads that are just people bouncing their random theories and letting their minds wander as far as they can

DonKnock, BigMaloe, Dgn1 and 3 others like this.
  6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Considering the wink-wink deal we made to get CP3 to opt in, getting CP3 on a 4-year deal is a win to me

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

< 5 years of CP3 would be fantastic news.

Invisible Fan, Dacamel and tmoney1101 like this.
  8. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Logic would say that CP3 would know by now if Lebron was a firm no so Morey can move on

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

mockster likes this.
  10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

LeBron told Wade the night before he made his last decision, but yeah I agree that he wouldn’t jerk Chris around if it was a hell no.

mockster, DonKnock and jamisonrocket like this.
  11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I wonder what type of impression last night made on Lebron. We are the IT team of the NBA.. Sixth man if the year, Coach of the Year, MVP, Executive of the Year, CP3 #swagchamps

12. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Nice......................except for the Capela and Ariza part........that part scares me.

DonKnock and Marteen like this.
  13. jacoby

jacoby Member

I don't think the lack of rumblings from LeBron's camp regarding a move to the Rockets is all that telling. BUT knowing that we have to swap a few high-salaried players involving 3rd or 4th teams AND hearing nothing on that front leads me to believe he won't come. LeBron has been notoriously silent when it comes to his free agency decisions, and he always wants to break the news himself. However, trade rumors leak all the time and if LeBron was leaning Houston at any point throughout the last month, then the Rockets would have scanned the league in search for a 3rd team. We have heard NOTHING regarding any trade rumors, and I just find it highly unlikely that the entire league would keep that under wraps for Houston's benefit.

joshuaao likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Us shopping EG and Anderson is no secret

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Things regarding us are normally kept quiet. Same with Lebron. Everyone knows we shopping Anderson and have to attach some type of assets. We ain’t gotta say we about to get Lebron.

DonKnock and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm still not sure the Rockets would have to find a third team in a Lebron opt in scenario, if Lebron bolts the Cavs are super done, and forced to rebuild from the ground. At that point, the contract of Anderson would not be a problem for them since in two years they would still be a tanking team...unless they wouldn't be able to avoid the luxury because of that contract, but i don't think this should be a problem, they would've to basically just move Love for some unguaranteed money and maybe trade some minor pieces like Korver. Let's say to dump Ryan the Rockets would be required to attach a couple of future 1st rounders, well, just give them to the Cavs with Gordon so they can trade him to get something back, or get a third team who wants Gordon to complete the deal. If i'm the Cavs i want to get back Ryan Anderson and a couple of 1st rounders instead of letting another team like Atlanta get those assets.

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

Losing LeBron and taking back Ryan Anderson's albatross contract when they're rebuilding and facing the repeater's tax is never going to happen. It'd very likely be a 3-team deal.

D-rock likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Morey is being diligent and has all his chips ready for what may or may not happen.trades lined up and ready for all scenarios.

ROCKETS1972 likes this.
  19. aroundtheblock2

This seems a bit different, doesn't it? Given the opt-in and trade situation. Morey still doesn't know who the 3rd team would be for an Anderson deal, nor does he know if the Cavs would accept the deal. No one knows anything. LeBron isn't leaking anything to anyone and it wouldn't shock me if he's not even thinking about it at this exact time. I'm sure he'll come to a point in the next week or so where he's going to sit down and genuinely think things through.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

But they won't be in tax territory if they also trade Love (which is a given in that scenario) and maybe Korver or other minor pieces.

And a bad contract is just hurting if a team has the chance to use that salary otherwise, the Cavs won't be in that positon for at least three years, and Anderson contracts ends in two.