1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Nossa Chape

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Plowman, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a moving documentary.... I wish I had the verbatim quote from one of the survivors at the end...about living on the other side of tragedy.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Man. I caught the 2nd half of this earlier and it was very moving. Heavy, but very well done. Recommended for soccer fans and humans in general. I was stunned at how well done this was. Definitely hit me in the feels.

Plowman likes this.
  3. Roscoe Arbuckle

Feels is not a word.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It's listed in the Urban Dictionary which is arguably more relevant than the Oxford English Dictionary in this day and age.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Just throwing this out there, but I feels like you should do a grumpy old man inner loop food review youtube show. Avoid the eating in car format and I think it would go places.

Nook likes this.
  6. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Feels is absolutely a word.

arkoe likes this.
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Feelsbadman.jpeg

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It feels like a word.

FranchiseBlade and arkoe like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

kinda spooky: that plane crash happened exactly 1 month after the premiere of the documentary of the 1977 plane crash in Evansville, IND that took out an entire NCAA basketball team -- U of Evansville. Like small soccer clubs in Brazil, the tragedy to a basketball team really hit Indiana and Illinois hard. I remember it because the best player on my small hometown in Illinois transferred there to be on the first rebuilding team.

From the Ashes: The University of Evansville Purple Aces (2016)

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is, hp.

That was such a heartbreaking event (although you were much closer to it than myself)....I remember the news coming out and just watching in disbelief. Yes, the Purple Aces...And, the comparison between the two is an apt one, to be sure...living and breathing hoops the way you folks do up there in that area of the midwest.

Same kind of horrible/surreal feeling I had when the news of Len Bias broke....but, much, much worse....

That says a lot about your teammate to transfer there in the aftermath.

#10 Plowman, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I didn’t realize you were from Illinois. How did you avoid being a Bulls fan?

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah. Was watching that too. Great day of soccer followed by this documentary. Two dfiferent feelings.

Plowman likes this.