1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We already tried that, and Adam Silver said "no bueno".

2. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL so not saying this would work but, would you guys do a trade for Gordon and Anderson for Butler? Ugh...the longer this free agency goes the worse I feel our chances get.

D-rock likes this.
  3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You don’t really believe that he’s going to LA either as constructed. When the smoke clears..

4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Have fun with that OKC.

5. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

That's not just a no from Minnesota, that's a restraining order.

Rocketrik, D-rock and 13BeardsIN1 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Well of course Minny says no, I was just asking what everyone else thought of it. I will say Im not too fond of Butler tbh. I would rather have Paul George. Cause he has an outside shot. But thats just me. It doesnt matter though since the chances of us getting either are slim to none. Even trading Gordon for him id be a little iffy.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@The Cat maybe I’m mis-remembering, but didn’t you work closely with CA? What do you think about this?

8. basketballholic

Zeeeeerow. I know Sheridan. He's just another guy.

9. itsoktobealone

It looks like we are not gonna trade anything for Kawhi as we are in for the "long-term growth" and that any signings that happen will be through FA. The FO seems adamant on keeping the youngsters together. So LeBron and George (and maybe Cousins) are our (only) options.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats a funny way of saying SA doesn't want anything the Lakers have

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So Adam Plata said "no to the playa"?

Plowman likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Of course not. And he's being 'obnoxious'. Thus what, hmm force a buy-out or trade? Hmm, methinxo...

13. itsoktobealone

LOL. San Antonio and the old man Pop (that seems to be losing grip lately) would WISH he gets a better offer than what Lakers would give him. Anywhere. But hey, he can still get Jaylen Brown/Jayson Tatum from the Celtics, right?! Ha ha

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah im sure the spurs are going to regret not getting a couple guys with their rap and twitters beefs. definitely spurs culture

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think he's more likely to go to LA.

I believe that generally where there's smoke, if there's not fire there's at least someone playing with matches.

There's a TON of smoke around him wanting to go to LA. There's no smoke about him wanting to be in Houston. There's certainly stories about Houston wanting him, but NONE the other way around. That doesn't make it definitive of course.

BigMaloe, Vivi and J.R. like this.
  16. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

I would be fine with Carmelo coming to Houston if it helps unloading ryno

amaru likes this.
  17. sammy

Gotta see it to believe it. That would be Lebron conceding getting any more championships. 33 going on 34. Thats the kicker as he doesn’t have time to wait. Come out West to be under Houston and GS. Lebron is a basketball guy and he knows they would be fighting an extremely uphill battle

18. sammy

Lebron wants that LA lifestyle no doubt. He also wants championship parades and to be on all of the late shows

amaru likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm thinking his wife might hear "Houston" and think, "Catastrophic flooding, humidity...." I don't know. As they say, if she ain't happy, you ain't happy.

Vivi, amaru and J.R. like this.
  20. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

I like all you guys here but i think you all need to start understanding what the most likely end game here is. What is happening now is not going to involve houston. No lebron, no paul george, most likely no melo as well. This is going to drag on until the trade deadline where morey is going to try to improve the team and unload anderson at that time. Still unlikely he is able to do so. We are going to be going woth the same team this upcoming year, perhaps even less than the same team returning, to face the warriors and lebron in the west. I just want people to start being more realistic and understand that we really do have our hands tied. That Anderson contract is no joke and teams just arent biting.

itsoktobealone, BeardSanity and amaru like this.