1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Red Nation RGV, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Red Nation RGV

If rumors are true and Kawhi wants out to go to LA should we make a play for Aldridge? If Lebron and PG want to make their way to team up with Leonard in LA I would go for Lamarcus and sell the Spurs on going rebuild mode.

ak99999, s3ts and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If we strike out on all the big name free agents, tradi for Aldridge would definitely be considered a huge win, depending on cost

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yep, Aldridge has always been what the Rockets need. Part of me hopes he rots on a tanking SA team for not picking us, but that’s a very small part of me, it would be a win in any case.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I was talking about this with someone close to the team today after the Kawhi news hit, just as speculation on if it would be a worthwhile pursuit. That person made an interesting point, that the pick-and-roll lob doesn't work against Golden State, but the pick-and-pop might punch a hole in that GS defense. But how does LMA fit into a switch-everything defense?

chinesemamba, Gorki, MGC and 27 others like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm torn on LMA cause he would be a big upgrade over Anderson obviously, but i don't know...the guy had problems in Portland cause couldn't share the spotlights with Lillard, refused to sign here when there was a chance to have a super team and almost went to the freaking Suns just because they offered him the chance to be their go to guy. Ended up in San Antonio where he probably didn't expect Kawhi to explode into an MVP caliber player and after a couple of season asked to get traded...he doesn't look like an easy guy to deal with.

Remlap, D-rock, ak99999 and 6 others like this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Harden-LeBron PnP or PnSlip. Problem solved.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

LaMarsha, LaMarsha, LaMarsha...

Mehhh

I'd like to think they can do better than Ryan Anderson OR Eric Gordon + Nene + Chinanu Onuaku. Then again, maybe not.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Idk anything anymore.

dreamshakin and peleincubus like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right, same problem here as other names that are available.

There is nothing we have to trade that's going to be enticing to San Antonio. If they make LMA available someone will offer more.

Richie_Rich, saleem and DonKnock like this.
  10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Please Lord

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Gordon + Tucker for Aldridge? I think main problem is we weaken at the 3, but our inside game would strengthen when lined up with Capela.

13. Coach E

Coach E Member

I don't think A. Leonard will be in LA (Spurs are going to get a max return, Other teams have more assets)
    B. We have the ammo to trade for LeMarcus

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Imagine him trying to switch on Curry or Klay....

robgue and amaru like this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We simply don't have the trade assets.

saleem, JoeBarelyCares and amaru like this.
  16. Red Nation RGV

Alridge had his absolute best years with Lillard. Imo part of the issue with the San Antonio marriage was that Kawhi being the best player didn't have the same tools to compliment his game like Damian. Two different skill sets and then you have Patty Mills and an aging Parker/Ginobli. Sometimes it take that to make you appreciate how easy the game comes to you with the correct pieces.

Our switch everything would take a hit somewhat but the trade off is having a pick n pop guy who is also tall enough and has moves down low to get his shot off. Capela was not a factor in the WCF, LaMarcus could've been that key to open things up for Beard etc etc.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'll give them Ryan Anderson for him. Straight up.

BigMaloe, Deckard, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

the same way that David West did.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't know why ppl say this. It worked against the Hampton 5 lineup, or any lineup with West
    • If the lob isn't there, but the drive is == the Capela PnR works
    • If the drive isn't there, but the lob is == the Capela PnR works
    • If neither are there, then either Bell or Looney are in the game for less GSW offense == the Capela PnR worked
    I mean, because of the Iggy injury, it's hard to say if they affectively stopped it, because bringing in Bell or Looney to play with Green is overdoing your defense and hurting your offense to stop it, and we took a 3-2 game lead against both the Hampton 5 and the Bigs-heavy defenses.

----
    crap, now I'm triggered about the series again. Pretend I didn't say anything. Help me out @DreamShook ... call in a need for extrication. I need out of the GARM for rest of day.

#19 heypartner, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Good point on both sides. I don't see the fit on offense, defense or from a trade perspective. His offensive game has mostly left the sport, and I can't imagine he could hold his own against Curry on the perimeter. For a trade, what do we have that SAS would want?

Remlap likes this.