1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

best razor to shave head?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DOYG86, Jun 13, 2018.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice man, I'll check these out! My Merkur is okay but am a bit new to safety razors (maybe about 2 years now), so lots of shaves... but I'd be interested in trying a different safety razor for sure. I'll check these out!

Thanks again

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I shave my head on occasion. I have Dollar Shave Club and get their middle range blade. As long as I use clippers before I get in the shower and use a fresh blade, I get a nice smooth shave. I also use the Dr. Carver's Shave Butter from DSC. That stuff is nice...

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I shave my head between 3-5 times a week with a Mach whatever it is now. Usually do the face at the same time. I can make 1 blade last a couple months at the minimum and it’ll still shave perfectly smooth. Never tried a straight razor. I’ve done electric a couple times but I don’t think they make one that can get blade close.

5. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

Does the Dr. Carver's Shave Butter work pretty much anywhere face/head? Or is it better for the face, and not the other way around?

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Works great for both...though with my beard, I don't shave very much of my face.

7. Asian Sensation

Any interest in adding a lightly used Mach 3 in excellent condition to your collection? I’ll let it go for cheap.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Have one already. And an Atra as well, so no sense offering that. If someone as a Razorock Game Changer let me know.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

what if he throws in some used hair gel and stick deodorant (fully sanitized of course)?

[​IMG]

Asian Sensation likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Curious... why would hair gel come up in a discussion of head shaving?

[​IMG]

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

I did shave once, felt like this

[​IMG]

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

wheres the hair loss cure at?

about laser, why even do that when there could be a potential cure later on? laser might mess with the dormant follicles