1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Akron Beacon Journal: “From LeBron’s own lips he doesn’t like Houston as a City”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

What a lousy thing to say.

D-rock, ak99999 and sammy like this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Pls read

https://www.papercitymag.com/cultur...y-destination-spot-despite-big-blunder/#32025

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/02/11/travel/what-to-do-in-36-hours-in-houston.html

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-houston-diversity-2017-htmlstory.html

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/what-makes-houston-the-next-great-american-city-4870584/

Pls read everyone. I live in NYC now but Houston will always be home. If it weren't for my career I'd give anything to be home in Houston. The culture diversity of Houston is only comparable to Queens, NY where every stop of the train is a new culture demographic. Houston is a young city compared to L.A. and NY. I've lived in all three cities and TRUST me when I say Houston is the Best city in the U.S.A.

D-rock, ak99999, mikol13 and 10 others like this.
  3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Lol but he likes Cleveland as a city?

:rolleyes:

daywalker02 and CALI_MOST_WANTD like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude has a huge house in LA. Whenever he buys a place in Sugarland then let the celebration begin

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

6. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I rather be living in Houston than Sunny Southern California for sure. Plus Houston has that southern Hospitality and welcome strangers like they were family. There is no place like Houston or s place I rather be.

7. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Or back to San Diego. But with those two options I do Vegas if he wanted to move them. Either way SD or Vegas only couple hours drive for me compared to now haha. But seriously I hope the team never moves.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I used to want to live in NYC...I love the energy of the city every time I go there

however, I would always go there during the summer or spring...the 1st time I went there during the winter I was like

[​IMG]

I enjoy LA too, but I’d much rather live in Houston for practical and social purposes...LA is too overpriced and superficial, and I got too many friends in Houston...cost of living is way better...if I were in Lebron’s tax bracket I might feel differently

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

legend rip

thedreamsteam likes this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Not really his choice of what city a major AAU tournament will be held... da fuqq

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It’s a Houston based AAU team. GulfCoast something or another

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

oh oops

13. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

I just want to say this. I live in DC. I like DC. Its a nice place to live and I cant say anything truly bad about the place.

With that said, I too would love to live in Houston again. Its one of the greatest cities in the country FOR RESIDENTS. For tourists, its way down the list. But why try to make the city something its clearly not?

Why do you all think so many former NBA players and coaches still live in the Houston area? Just got stuck? No better options? Its a great place to live. Great people, food, and endless opportunities.

No matter whether this report is true or not, I have no doubt Houston will do its fungus thing and grow on LeBron should he choose the Rockets. He will have an entirely different opinion of the city after playing there for a year.

D-rock and mikol13 like this.
  14. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

This. It's weird, Houston has some odd kind of pull. The fungus analogy used here is true. It just grows on you and feels like home, no where else is the same. It doesn't matter if you are native, or not.. Like said above, there is a reason so many countless professional athletes and the like call Houston home and never hate on it. Once you've allowed yourself to stay in Houston for any extended period of time you're screwed, you don't want to call anywhere else home.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Everyone wants to live like us...and then s**t on our living...wtf?

Californians are piss broke, looking to split their state into 3...Yea, anyone from the state of OHIO that says anything about the city of Houston is smoking crack.

When it comes to making a FA decision, I do believe that Lebron is very invested in his kids...so at the end of the day, Lebron will do whats best for his family and boys...

One thing that Houston has going for it...is that it is becoming a nice place for athletes for all three pro sports organizations...

steddinotayto and DonKnock like this.
  16. BackdoorHarden

We don't want him on Rockets anyway!(if he doesn't want to come here, that is).

He 's on the cover of NBA2K. It's the new Madden Curse. Kryie was on it last year and we know what happened

[​IMG]

17. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Everybody here saying that they’d love to move back to the city of Houston from wherever they are now are obviously bias.

I’m from LA and I love Miami, but whenever I was there for an extended period of time I saw that I loved my LA much more.

To someone who was born in Akron and has an infinite amount of money, I’d have to think LA would be his choice based purely on lifestyle.

However, Bron needs to do the right thing and choose us for the real reason.

WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP.

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Don't really care if he likes the city or not. We'll find out where he ends up during another televised event I'm sure. :D

19. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

What a great episode

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That kid is really good -- maybe we could just sign him...