1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

2. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I'm wondering in Lebron is looking at this through Eastern Conference eyes.

In the EC, Him and 4 turds could make the playoffs, probably 2nd rd. Him, another, and 3 avg players can make the EC finals, probably.

The west is a different beast.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Any Eastern Conference team he joins with the exception of Boston will not beat the Warriors or even Houston in a 7 game series. He knows this. Teaming up with Paul/Harden or George/Player C gives him a better chance at dethroning the Warriors.

#1083 steddinotayto, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    whiskeyred likes this.
  4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

True, what I meant was ... he is thinking the West is similar. Him and 4 dudes will have a shot in the tougher West.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

It's crazy but I'm not afraid of the Lakers adding LeBron and George. I'm more afraid of the 3rd player they can acquire to join LeBron and George. A CJ McCollum type would make that team ultra scary.

DonKnock, Fyreball and justtxyank like this.
  6. cyberx

cyberx Member

I am just telling you what I hear. Also, if the Lakers DO build a "super team" people around the league think Ariza could also go back to LA. This was speculation from a few agents. They said Ariza was once repped by Pelinka? Too early for my research.

I also agree with Codman - FWIW

7. steddinotayto

Harden was also repped by Pelinka. I think Ariza's family has been in Houston for way too long to move to California. It also doesn't make financial sense to go from not paying state income tax to giving up 14-15% of what you're making in Cali. Maybe I'm believing too much in his friendship with Harden and CP3.

Thanks as always for your info.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the insight!

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Where do you think Boogie Cousins ends up?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  10. cyberx

cyberx Member

I think Dallas overpays him like crazy after all the dominoes fall. Assuming Bron to LA.

11. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Have not seen this posted anywhere.

12. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you put your percentages at now for where Lebron ends up?

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, Pelinka has repped/had relationships with Harden, Ariza, Gordon.

That said, Ariza SUCKED in the playoffs. Like really bad. Not that such is that unusual. He was even worse 3 years ago, though that was their bad year where they lost to the Warriors in the first round.

He was ok last year.

I mean... I'm all for these cerebral, intelligent, defense first wing player types ala Shane Battier and Trevor Ariza. But on the whole, I think DM has relied on them too much and overall when they get that label, its overrating them. It's like, there's got to be a reason they get so much PT. Oh, I got it... they "just contribute to winning by doing all the little things!". I didn't really see much of that. In Ariza's case, I think he seems better on defense than he is because he actually tries and has some size/length, compared to our meh defensive backcourt (CP3 aside) or our undersized PF (who also tries, but undersized is undesized).

The league is increasingly becoming littered with 3&D wings, and increasingly they are younger, more athletic, and can do more than just 3&D.

If the Lakers want Ariza, let them have him. If the GSW want Ariza, let them have them.

I love EG's punch off the bench, but I don't see why Harden can't just play SF full time. He defense players better the bigger they get anyway.

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You mean like, "I am a diehard Rockets fan. But let's discuss why Harden is a turd emoji"?

15. steddinotayto

I agree in that Ariza's statistical production has dropped off a lot the past few years and if he wants to go to another team then I'm okay with that. It just makes me wonder why the rumors of him going to GSW ever happened. It's not like they don't have an aging 3&D player on their bench that's making obscene amounts of money already.

16. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

A lot of agreeing b/w @cyberx and @Codman...

Have they realized who each other actually is? Have they revealed their identities too and are in cahoots together now? Will we ever know...?

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

60% LA
    20% Houston
    15% Other
    5% Cle

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

All the leaking right now from Paul George's camp about maybe staying in OKC, listening to everyone, etc. is just to protect the Lakers from a tampering charge.

whiskeyred likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, we can’t afford to lose CP3

if we didn’t have an amazing year and Harden and CP3 didn’t mesh well, then maybe CP3 leaving would be something to worry about...CP3 isn’t going anywhere

CP3 to Daryl Morey and the Rockets fanbase

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I have read that the issue between Leonard and the Spurs was over Aldridge and his desire to play closer to home.

Regardless, IF the issue really is Pop, then why (other than money) would Leonard want to resign with the Spurs?