1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't see why this has ever been a concern. The Lakers have max cap space for two players of which one is LeBron of course. The other space? If I were a GM and had to pick between a relatively young star that can be the ultimate 2nd banana to a Top 3 all time player or an aging star coming off of a hamstring injury it's a no brainer who I pick. In order for the Lakers to get all three players they are going to have to trade some of their assets to either Houston or OKC to execute a S&T.

And to top that off, Paul didn't uproot his family, move them down to Houston, have his kid go to school in the Woodlands only to move them back to LA. As a parent, that's the last thing you want to do. Paul's staying regardless of what decision LeBron makes. His team was 2 quarters away from going to the Finals. Going back to LA to play with LeBron and maybe George isn't a 100% slam dunk case that they'll win it all.

If anything, losing out on LeBron and George will push Morey harder to find ways to make this team better around CP3 and Harden via trades or using the MLEs on players that fit the system. That in and of itself will still make Houston Top 2-3 in the West next season.

everyday eddie, hakeem94 and YOLO like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can't sign him until free agency opens.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

ahh gotcha. i misread it as if that news was coming from actual media outlets.

4. justtxyank

It was a Cavs scoop guy.

5. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

hope you are right - just not having him locked up makes me nervous

6. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i think you can sign your own players now- dont think you have to wait? right?

7. justtxyank

No, you can't sign your own players now. There is a moratorium in place. CP3 can't sign a new contract until free agency opens.

8. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

No not yet

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. justtxyank

Definitely sign up. It's well worth it. You'll learn all about what's being discussed.

10. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Will I get up- to- date analysis for free.

11. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Question mark

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He’s not going anywhere.

sammy likes this.
  13. justtxyank

[​IMG]

14. steddinotayto

It's not like they can lock him up officially before July 1st anyways. If Paul REALLY wanted to play with LeBron in LA that bad, he would have just stayed on the Clippers last year and move on this summer. I don't think Paul's happiness is dependent on LeBron's decision, ever, and vice versa. Would it make for a great narrative for Paul and LeBron to win it together? Absolutely but, like DWade said before, LeBron's decision (and this probably applies to Paul too) is going to be based on more than just basketball. I wouldn't be surprised if CP3 loves living in Houston because he has southern roots from North Carolina to New Orleans and now here. LeBron has business interests (e.g. movies and entertainment) that isn't Paul's thing.

everyday eddie and justtxyank like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wake me up when max kellerman drops a bomb.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

people acting like CP3 is gonna follow Lebron around like some little lap dog

CP3 isn’t going anywhere unless Morey acts stingy with his contract

17. xaos

xaos Member

What did Codman say? Thanks

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  18. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Lolololol

19. justtxyank

This. If CP3 and Lebrawn were linked at the hip this would all be a formality. CP3 would have wanted to get traded to Cleveland last year. If he knew Lebrahn wanted to go to LA he could have just stayed with the Clippers for one year and then gone to the Lakers this offseason, or demanded a trade to the Lakers, etc.

Chris Paul CHOSE the Rockets. @The Cat has repeatedly made this point and it's a good one. CP3 didn't HAVE to be a free agent and he didn't have to get traded. He could have taken a year with the Clippers to wait for Lebran. Instead he decided it was time to move on and he explored the landscape, put A LOT of thought into what he was going to do, who he was going to team up with and he chose the Rockets.

He wants Luhbron here for sure, but he's not his little chihuahua that will just follow at his heels if LeBraun goes somewhere else.

everyday eddie and DonKnock like this.
  20. steddinotayto

Agreed. Morey and CP3 are effectively married since the trade went down last summer. We need Paul to re-sign because, without him, this team would be screwed from a salary cap perspective in that we wouldn't be able to add anyone of significance.