1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily LeBron Odds Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

At this point, I'm fairly certain that LA is his preferred destination, but that Houston is on the table just in case PG decides to re-up in OKC. If PG is going to LA, I'm marking LeBron in LA as well.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You are certain that he never wants to win a championship again? 33 turning 34 in December.

I don't think you can be that certain.

3. aroundtheblock2

Then he's not in "championship mode" like he said right after the championship series just a week ago.

DonKnock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. Fyreball

I think his end goal is to get a 3rd star to join them in LA.

amaru likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

2 other stars in LA and Lebron is back contending.

Fullcourt likes this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

Keep up the faith friend.

7. sammy

Which other star? They aren't getting Kawhi for sure. Lebron is going to waste even one year at 33 going on 34?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

Don’t know. Doesn’t really matter if it’s true, LeBron simply has to believe it’s true. Maybe he’ll try to recruit Paul or Klay. Idk who the top free agents are after him and George.

9. sammy

In other words, he’s hoping a third star joins him next season.

Bron ain’t wasting a season at his age. Those dudes in GS are making him sick and they’re gonna rack up titles.

Lebron will end up with less titles than:

Duncan
    Kobe
    KD
    Steph

We’ll leave Klay and Green out bc they’re not mvp caliber.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Not that shocking to me. CP3 did exactly that last year.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. cp3 knew he was leaving LA based on the team and culture. he said the only thing that could keep him in LA possibly is his family

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Fairly certain because you personally think that makes the most sense for him, in your eyes and/or his?

Or because of what you have read from the media? If it is the latter I would take a step back from what you think Lebron prefers as his next team.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

What? You think LeBron is naive enough to sign somewhere out of blind faith? The same guy who has talked over and over again about being in championship mode, wanting to be around cerebral players, etc.?

The Lakers don't even have room for two max salaries now, let alone three. (They could get to two by renouncing Randle.) Acquiring a third would require someone being willing to take Luol Deng, which is an even worse contract than Ryan Anderson.

If Magic can do it, props to him (and even if he does, it'd basically be LeBron, PG, the traded-for player, and 9 minimum salaries, which isn't enough to challenge GSW in 2018-19). But the idea that LeBron would commit or sign without forcing Magic to do it beforehand is just silly. The impetus is on Magic to show him.

14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

15. Fullcourt

We have no idea what is going on in LeBron's head. For all we know, he is 100% done with the Cavs and Gilbert. He got them the trophy, maybe he is already checked out.

My point is, we did not know what CP3 was thinking this time last year, then he went to Doc/Jerry West and said "I'm leaving and I want to go to the Rockets". Melo did a similar thing (where he reportedly saw LeBron joining them in the future). What do those 2 have in common? Oh yeah, they are very close with LeBron. It would not be a huge surprise to me if LeBron ended up having the same mindset, and telling Cleveland he wants to go to Houston.

Do I predict it will happen? Hell no, it's still pretty difficult to imagine a deal landing LeBron, but this scenario is completely plausible.

16. Fyreball

Fairly certain because generally, where there's smoke, there's fire. And there's a lot of smoke in LA right now. I just think it makes sense for him from family/business standpoint, and being "The One" to resurrect the Lakers franchise does seem like something that would entice him.

peleincubus likes this.
  17. Fullcourt

I admit that LeBron to the Lakers seems WAY more likely than it did just 2 weeks ago. That said, I find it odd to have a high degree of confidence in ANY destination. LeBron has a long track record of successfully concealing his thought process. Who knows, maybe he chooses Chicago while they broker a deal for Kawhi?

18. Fyreball

But wouldn't they be able to attach some good young pieces and draft picks to Deng to sweeten the pot? Including Ball/Kuzma/Hart is certainly enough to get a team to bite on Deng IMO. If that's the only thing standing between LeBron/PG/3rd star, then I think that's a very viable road for the Lakers.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

to be fair, that smoke is mostly media driven. we saw how wrong they were about houston and cp3 last year but hey people are going to take it how they want to

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If he goes to LA, it's not to win championships. Its for non-basketball reasons.

Unless LA gets 3 or 4 stars, a team of Lebron + PG and filler role players are NOT beating Warriors in a seven game series. Lebron is not stupid. He knows this. If he doesnt then he is either a moron or delusional.

If Lebron still has competitive fire in him and wants to beat the Warriors as much as we all do then Rockets are his only realistic choice. We have everything for him to join us and pummel the Warriors with physicality.

We are the only team that can make things miserable for a Durant+ Curry + Klay + Green Warriors team.

No one has even come close, and unless they go stars bananas in LA, they are not doing it.

Warriors are too good to take down with an overnight assembled team in LA.

We, OTOH, have the infrastructure in place. We offer a plug and play scenario for Lebron.

#520 Zboy, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018