1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron to Houston - No Thanks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Quinncy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

You do know that the Warriors situation (super team) isn't changing any time soon right?

You do not beat the Warriors without a super team of your own....PERIOD. This is a 73 win team that added the 2nd best player in the world.

You want competitive games with other team in the league but OK with the Warriors destroying your team when we play them?

2. Ranny

Ranny Member

You would say no thanks to the best player since Michael Jordan? Seriously? Look at this point i am not so convinced we have a shot at Lebron anyway, so all of these comments for and against Lebron are probably meaningless, but here are my two cents.....

The NBA has got to be one of the only leagues in any sport in the planet were it is frowned upon to have the best players. Where fans say stuff like "no i dont want to have the best player in the world to be the champion, that would ruin it" are you guys serious?? Are we in a position to be picky? We have not won a Championship in more than 20 years!!! If we have a shot to get the best player in the world we go for it!! There is nothing wrong with it, on the contrary, it is what the best teams in the world do in pretty much every sport in the world, they always try to get better and better no matter how good they already are, and again we haven't won ****! We definitely need to get much better in order to win it all.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  3. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    I just don't see where we need to get "much better." We need to constantly improve, upgrade where we can, and acquire key pieces. But a LeBron addition would be an extraordinary move that, I think, would force us to say goodbye to the core of the team. But I certainly get where you are coming from.

4. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    Uncle.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Go Rockets!

6. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

If you were in the walking dead, your character would let all the Zombies live

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are you suggesting that the OP have his Fandom look at the Flowers?

[​IMG]

Rocket River

rocketman12 likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Maybe. But you improve your "margin for error" with LeBron. That means something. Last year the Rockets had no margin for error to beat the Warriors. You improve that margin by adding talent.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That will be the same statement EVERY YEAR he's here! CP3 is Injury prone. He won't average 60 games a season. He is literally a lesser version of Yao Ming.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. hairyme

hairyme Member

Do the Rockets seem weak to you?? Did we all watch the same NBA season?

With Harden and CP3 playing, we beat the Warriors 2-0 in the regular season and were up 3-2 on them in the postseason. We are already as good as them.

Half of this forum is always complaining about the talking heads not giving the Rockets any credit, but judging from all these "WE NEED LEBRON" threads, apparently our fans are even worse.

Quinncy and kevtse like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

this logic makes no sense. so bc hou fans want to raise their team's ceiling and margin of error to beat a historic GS team that will likely better, the fans are worse. The idea is to get better and better so that you can win an actual championship. that is the ultimate goal. that's what an organization that wants to win does.

one of the dumbest things ive ever read

roslolian likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Iggy was injured and Steph was clearly not 100%, try again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There's a reason why people say we need Lebron, you think Harden and Cp3 can beat 4 all stars+Iggy? You straight up Delusional. Plus how dumb is this? You actually want the Rox to get weaker lol, like I said are you really a Rockets fan? What kind of fan wants their team to be weak but still somehow win a ring? If all the fans were like you the Rox wouldn't need any haters.

darksoul35 likes this.
  13. mockster

mockster Member

I don’t want Lebron either but I’ll obviously take him. Getting him would just seem cheap and look like he’s ring chasing.

My ideal people would be PG, Kiwi or jimmy butler

14. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

So basically you want GS to get 4 out of 5? Not me. Im not a Lebron fan either but if that's what it takes to beat them then so be it.

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

After I posted that I thought about how we should have won without him to begin with.

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member