1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shelburne: Lakers Now Worried Ball/Kuzma Immaturity May Scare Off LBJ/PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

If you work for a company and it is in the contract you can. Take responsibility. Quit being a "kid", They are not kids. They are immature grown a$$ men.

I get tired of everyone (media, other players, coaches) calling these players "Kids". if 20? maybe. Older than 20? Your a man. Immature? definitely. Kid? no. (pet pev). I get kid is sometimes a term of endearment. But calling him kids to excuse something they did that was dumb. Nope.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This might tip the scale in our favor...

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You'd never get that past the players union. And the NBA is going to fine someone for what they said in high school? I don't even know if that would be legal.

You can hate social media all you want, but players on social media have been a huge part of the growing popularity of the NBA in comparison to other leagues. I don't have a FB, Twitter, or snap chat account myself but I wouldn't be against players using it if I were the commissioner.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

what are you talking about. that tweet was from 6 years ago. Kuzma was a 16 year old kid that had nothing to do with the nba. and you for some outrageous reason want to punish him for it. thats got to be a joke

You're tired of people calling them kids when in reality they are? thats funny

6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

yea. Could only do it for what they say while on your team was my thought.

7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

ok, I didn't look at the date of that tweet. got me. I was also talking about talking smack about each other in music you release. The 2 (music and tweet) is what started me thinking.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

It reminds me of the videos of the '80s for Heart where they would show Ann Wilson up close but never a full body shot if they could help it. So when little Ramona is on ESPN, you would never see the full body shot - they were "Ann Wilsoning" her.

Jturbofuel, mikol13 and alethios like this.
  9. alethios

alethios Member

I thought Shelburne was a Spurs fan-girl and that she'd be pushing the LBJ to Spurs narrative.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if PG stayed in OKC, CP3 stays with Houston and LeBron decides to come here because LA doesn't have a roster that can ensure him another chip before he retires. Plus there's this guy:

[​IMG]

10. alethios

alethios Member

Her name always makes think of Michael Nesmith's song, Cruisin' (Lucy and Ramona and Sunset Sam).

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ball, kuzma, simmons, and embiid are all closer to lebron's kid's age than his own. he will feel like he's babysitting 24/7. those guys aren't married and will be out at the clubs. i'm sure lebron's wife will take that into consideration too. a veteran team with mostly married guys in their late 20's and early 30s is a better environment for him.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that peeps think LA has a chance with all those scrubs.

They would get slaughtered...

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Magic and RP would just SnT them, if necessasy, as in if LBJ was it was necessary. But can they SnT Kobe???

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why, do you think he goes to LaLaLAnd in a vacuous state? He'll bring along a strong running mate then 'help' round out the roster to his specs. Wherever LBJ goeth LBJ's team will be a formidable out in the p/o's!

motleydeflep6 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is a huge assumption that people try to make as simple as it sounds but it isn't. hes basically starting from scratch and somehow that team is expected to just catapult into GS Tier. There's a difference be building a good team and one that actually has a realistic chance at winning a championship

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If LeBron does go to LakerLand then we shall see.

I wonder (and wonder why I'm bothering to expend any mental muscle at all on this [because of Rox angle, perhaps, hmm???] ) if James really wants to endure the double-dose of LeVar and Kobe.

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lonzo avging 10 7 7 are just empty stats on a rebuilding non-playoff team. i'm sure most teams in the nba value lonzo as a 2nd rd pick considering his terrible shooting, lack of dribble-drive game, and his off-court drama.
    kuzma was an end of 1st rd pick.. he did have a decent rookie season but he's also an old rookie and doesn't have much room for growth. on top of that, he still only has 1 season under his belt.. tyreke evans after his rookie yr (avging 20 5 5) fell off the map the next year, as did michael carter-williams, just to name a few rookies who didn't carry their rookie year success the following years.
    ingram is the only one of the bunch with decent value. stop with the laker homerism and trying to overvalue what the lakers can provide in a trade when other teams (i.e. celtics, sixers) can provide better players and more draft capital. heck, if i'm the spurs or the thunder, and i knew i had to trade kawhi/pg.. i'd rather take a package centered around eric gordon, someone who's on a great contract and a playoff proven veteran and will come off the books shortly, and because both the spurs and thunder can't go into rebuild mode and are still in the middle of trying to contend. no one will be touching luol deng and his ~18-20M/yr contract.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

They are capped out, so if they want to get Davis they will have to not sign, or trade more than Draymond Green.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If the Lakers score Lebron and George, they should trade Ball and Kuzma anyway for a couple of seasoned vets so they can contend. Why waste the last couple of years of Lebron's career training young guys who aren't yet ready for contention? I don't see why Lebron or the Lakers would let a couple of sophomores get in the way of another Super Friends team.

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Lonzo Ball needs to get in touch with Babers Green so he can get Lavar some new teeth.