1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron to Houston - No Thanks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Quinncy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Nice spin job there - do you work in politics, LOL?

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

One thing to point out that this is a superstar league. The nba has bought into the idea that only the most marketable players and team by combination should win. To me thats the reason why we got shafted in game 7. How would it look if the golden boys got beat by a team that had only one allstar. Even though cp3 is really an allstar you see my point

Rocket River likes this.
  3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

quinncy threads on clutchfans - no thanks

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  4. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

I am trying to beat the Warriors, not become them. And I want to win with a team I recognize. I don't get this thinking. If Durant and Steph were available and we had the opportunity to sign them, I assume you would. And when that team wins a championship, as it would, you would find that rewarding? I want to beat my opponents, not join them! Would Jordan have joined the Pistons? Bird to the Lakers? Reggie to the Knicks? Sorry. Winning is just not THAT important to me. We are different fans. I'm about the journey as well as the ending.

hairyme likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Lebron to Houston means exponentially more "boring wins."

How do we feel about that?

6. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    We stack with the best of them.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We win this year with CP3 healthy, we don't need Lebron.

DD

hairyme likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

trying to beat the warriors yet you do not want to get the pieces needed to be able to compete against them. your logic is flawed

everyday eddie likes this.
  9. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    Amen.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I understand that we're different fans, and to each his own, but I will never understand how a fan of a team that's not won anything of consequence in almost 25 years would be choosy about how a championship comes to them. Adding LeBron doesn't automatically make us this juggernaut that's going to win 75 games. We'd still be facing off against the Spurs (with Kawhi), the Warriors (who will no doubt improve somehow), the Celtics (who are going to be a FORCE), and other teams that are pretty damn good. The journey to me is about the overall fabric of our fanhood......I'm a fan of the ROCKETS. If LeBron James wants to be part of the ROCKETS, well then I'll be running down the streets screaming for joy.

Quinncy and Manny Ramirez like this.
  11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Would have been nice to have LeBron on the team when CP3 went down.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

and when other teams get better which they likely will including GS, what does that mean for hou if they do what you want them to do and that's next to nothing

13. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    Do you see no limit to your reasoning? I want to beat the Warriors, but I don't want to demolish them because I have stacked the deck so far in my favor that the outcome is as certain as taxes. Some people want LeBron and another star. Huh??

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh i see the limit. but if you're realistically talking about beating this historic GS team, you're just going to have to realize what it takes to actually not only compete with them but actually beat them. if you dont see how small that margin of error is, you just haven't watched this GS team enough.

15. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Huh? Because I don't want LeBron does not mean I want to do next to nothing. I want to get better. Organically and through free agent acquisitions. But I want a competitive league too. I just don't see the joy in a 15 game winning streak by an average of 15 points over **CLEARLY** inferior teams.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

picking up mediocre role players does very little in terms of ceiling. you don't raise a ceiling significantly without adding true impact players. cp3 is the very example right in front of you

you dont like beating teams. thats on you.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

When did I say that?

18. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Ok. Cause I thought we were a whisker away without LBJ.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

and you realize how small that margin of error was right. 2 wins very much could of gone either way. and also going back to my original point about teams getting better. This includes GS. theyre not going to just sit around and do nothing. They'll look at the their depth pieces and try to upgrade where they can.

This season is done and over with. The goal is to better, not stand down and remain complacent. unless you're one of those that has no intention of winning a championship

20. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    We disagree, but that was well said, brother.

Fyreball likes this.