1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shelburne: Lakers Now Worried Ball/Kuzma Immaturity May Scare Off LBJ/PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

OKC have a pretty good GM. I wouldn't be stunned in the end if he negotiates a deal for PG to OKC and gets back young talent. Win-win for both sides, if LAL can lure another big free agent with PG as the bait.

2. UrbanEnterprise

Maybe we're looking at the wrong LA team.

Lebron to the Clippers!!! :eek::eek::eek:

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kuzma I'd keep. Lonzo has the baggage of his father, a giant pain if ever there was one, someone who makes Draymond Green look laconic and introverted.

Shark44, Easy and Luke_The_Duke like this.
  4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Can a team have clause in the contract stating something along the lines of:

"If your conduct is detrimental to the team, team activities, team perception, team recruitment, etc., you are subject to fines and/or breach of contract."?

I would hire a Social Media Team to approve all of the kids stupid activities. Poor management skills/team culture.

5. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Sooooooo why not trade Lonzo & Kuzma? Simple af, but who wants Lonzo & his pops b****ing about everything lol Kuzma is better than Brandom Ingram

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Lonzo/Ingram/Picks/Salaries to Spurs for Kawhi... That's the solution or something close to it. Idk, how plausible this is on the trade front but if this is what it takes to get Lebron... I'd do it. Wouldn't be good for us though, unless Morey can sneak in as a third team and bring in Randle (I remember reading somewhere that Morey is fixated on the guy... Cyber?)

Luke_The_Duke likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

how so?

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Snow Villiers likes this.
  9. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Why would Pops want to deal with that mess?

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I'm giving Pops the credit where credits due. If there is a man who can make it happen, it's him.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Popovich would retire if that deal happened. Going through a rebuild (something the Spurs don’t do) is not something he would want to do at his age.

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The other clown may be running his mouth off while running off his putative replacement as GORT: greatest of recent (LAL) time, that is.

13. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lol pretty sure this dude agreed to sign with the Lakers since last summer, they just haven't notified the league yet.

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

that was more obnoxious than I expected

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Relax.
    You do realize Ingram is 20 years old right? Lonzo averaged 10, 7, 7 in his rookie year and Kuzma was one of the best rookies last year. You’re right it won’t happen, I was more trying to show that Lakers can pull off one hell of a trade for a third star on top of having enough space to sign 2 super stars.
    3 second year starters sounds a lot better than what Jimmy Butler netted the Bulls at the time. Same goes for Paul George. At the time we were all saying what a ridiculous trade. These three guys are definitely a better deal than what the Kings got for Cousins.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think they do have that policy. Players can be fined/suspended for what they say in interviews or social media, but only stuff that would be directly damaging to the team or league. Ragging on other players is not punishable. Remember when Ty Lawson made fun of Harden's defense or CJ McCollum made fun of Parsons?

Besides, Kuzma sent that tweet six years ago when he was only 16 years old. He wasn't even close to sniffing the NBA back then and was just a normal fan. How do you punish someone for something they said as a kid?

17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

See, I want to add the clause that makes that punishable. It puts a negative spin on team chemistry, adds to the "Cons" column of Lebron coing to LA.

I would fine the shite out of them.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres no such thing as punishing a kid being on social media. that doesn't make sense

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

LMAO at people thinking he is going to the Lakers. To do what? lose?

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I tell you what is obnoxious - this is: